MNF Vikes @ Seahawks

stuvian

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

DK Metcalf had a pretty decent game (aside from the fumble) and he is having a good season - but did you see the wide receiver screen they threw to him? It was like Wilson had thrown a screen to my grandfather. Safe to say short area quickness remains a weakness.

You mean the one where he gained 14 yards? ?

Metcalf is on pace for between 900-1,000 yards as a raw rookie and it's not like they are feeding him the ball relentlessly.

Lotta' draftniks getting a lesson in keeping their mind open to what a player CAN do instead of what they can't........courtesy of DK Metcalf.

Bottom line:  the early rounds are about getting difference makers at big $ positions that are hard to fill in FA. 

37 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You mean the one where he gained 14 yards? ?

Metcalf is on pace for between 900-1,000 yards as a raw rookie and it's not like they are feeding him the ball relentlessly.

Lotta' draftniks getting a lesson in keeping their mind open to what a player CAN do instead of what they can't........courtesy of DK Metcalf.

Bottom line:  the early rounds are about getting difference makers at big $ positions that are hard to fill in FA. 

No that one was on 3rd and 19 and the Vikings were just protecting the sticks. I meant the earlier one where he couldn't get his feet moving.

And I was never a DK Metcalf hater. I always knew what he could do. And he is doing exactly what I thought he could do. I had a high 2nd on him and he was the 2nd receiver on my board. I just think some folks here have tried to use his early success to argue he is a complete receiver. Which he isn't and wasn't and it is why he slipped to where he did. But I also said when Seattle took him it was a perfect fit. QB who tends to hold it longer than average, keeps plays alive and uses longer developing routes where Metcalf's long stride speed was going to be and has been a real asset. I'd have had no problem at all with the Bills taking Metcalf in the 2nd round.

33 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No that one was on 3rd and 19 and the Vikings were just protecting the sticks. I meant the earlier one where he couldn't get his feet moving.

And I was never a DK Metcalf hater. I always knew what he could do. And he is doing exactly what I thought he could do. I had a high 2nd on him and he was the 2nd receiver on my board. I just think some folks here have tried to use his early success to argue he is a complete receiver. Which he isn't and wasn't and it is why he slipped to where he did. But I also said when Seattle took him it was a perfect fit. QB who tends to hold it longer than average, keeps plays alive and uses longer developing routes where Metcalf's long stride speed was going to be and has been a real asset. I'd have had no problem at all with the Bills taking Metcalf in the 2nd round.

To the highlighted.....that's a stretch......I haven't seen anyone say he is a "complete" receiver.  

But let's go with some high end examples of "incomplete" players:

Julio Jones and Calvin Johnson aren't/weren't complete receivers.   They couldn't run bubble screens and weren't a threat on jet sweeps and couldn't be quick and get low to be "that kind" of receiver at the goal line etc..  

Derrick Thomas couldn't defend the run a lick.   This was before your time as a fan but the Chiefs actually benched DT against the Bills in the AFC Championship in 1993 because they needed a better run defender that day.

And yet.......HOF'ers all.   

Being complete is nice.   But being outstanding at a number of important things is better.

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

To the highlighted.....that's a stretch......I haven't seen anyone say he is a "complete" receiver.  

You have missed it. It has been said here. And I agree being good at things that change games is good enough. DK is good. I always expected him to be good.

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

You have missed it. It has been said here. And I agree being good at things that change games is good enough. DK is good. I always expected him to be good.

Yeah I definitely missed that then.   But I have watched Metcalf bowl people over like Gronk a few times this year.     What complete WR can do that?   I can't think of one.  And if they can't doesn't that make them incomplete??