Sean McDermott is looking for someone to simulate Lamar Jackson

4 hours ago, ctk232 said:

How do McKenzie and Foster simulate his size? Doubt it's close but wouldn't Tyree Jackson be a better option than those two? Hard to find anyone to match the size and change of direction agility/acceleration.

Tyree Jackson Really. Not even close. As another poster stated. McKenzie would be the close. Plan B would be Roberts or Foster

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

When I first reading the title, I thought it said “stimulate” instead of simulate.  I immediately thought of Rachel Bush.

But you’re feeling better now, I assume. I mean...you are using your hands to type again. 

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Last I knew, they don’t run 40’s as scout team qbs.  I’ll take mckenzie being faster in short bursts which is what he’d be used for

I'm not sure about that. Have you seen Jackson accelerate?

1 hour ago, Protocal69 said:

Tyree Jackson Really. Not even close. As another poster stated. McKenzie would be the close. Plan B would be Roberts or Foster

I’m not advocating for bringing him back so much as saying how do either McKenzie or Foster simulate his size and ability? If any of them, Foster at least compares in size and speed but lacks the change of direction ability. 

Since we’re at it though, exactly in what ways does a 5’8” 178 lb McKenzie simulate a 6’2” 212 lb Jackson? Why is McD looking then if our roster has that many “Jacksons?” 

Really couldn’t care less if it’s Tyree or anyone at all frankly, but McKenzie? Mmkay. Roberts I could certainly see helping out here.

Edited by ctk232

12 hours ago, matter2003 said:

No he isn't. Jackson ran a 4.34, McKenzie a 4.42

Unofficial. Jackson didn't run at the combine. I'm sure Mckenzie has clocked 4.3s on a stop watch at some point also, the guy can fly.

I think id use a combo of players to represent Jackson at the same time. Have someone elusive like mckenzie running the ball, then have guys like barkley/webb standing at spots in backfield to throw the ball at times durring the same play. D would have to stop both of those players. Thats as close to simulating Jackson as I can think. No matter who we get to simulate his running, they wont be able to throw like him.

15 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Unofficial. Jackson didn't run at the combine. I'm sure Mckenzie has clocked 4.3s on a stop watch at some point also, the guy can fly.

I think id use a combo of players to represent Jackson at the same time. Have someone elusive like mckenzie running the ball, then have guys like barkley/webb standing at spots in backfield to throw the ball at times durring the same play. D would have to stop both of those players. Thats as close to simulating Jackson as I can think. No matter who we get to simulate his running, they wont be able to throw like him.

Yeah, that is true.  Jackson is just like an enigma.  He is going to be super effective until he gets really badly hurt and then it will be interesting to see how things change.  And make no mistake with him running as much as he does, that will happen at some point...whether its this year, next year or in 2 years, at some point he is going to be injured badly from exposing himself to taking hits like a running back.

• Like (+1) 1

The whole concept of "simulating Jackson" is silly , as there is no other such player in the league (size, speed, vision), let alone on the Bills.  Just try to recreate what may have been successful at times for other Defenses. 

Having tiny McKenzie running out of the backfield is a laugh.  If he was at all good at that, McD would actually use him for such in games.