Sean McDermott is looking for someone to simulate Lamar Jackson

1 hour ago, Augie said:

There should be some guy who can fly like the wind, run like a deer......but can’t play a lick of football. Maybe he doesn’t even have hands? But he can be on an NFL roster every week playing the role of Lamar Jackson for that week’s opponent! 

Are you suggesting that Lamar Jackson can't play a lick of football, since a guy who can't play a lick of football would simulate him?

Given that LJax guy is QB'ing the league's leading offense at this point, if you are suggesting that, it would be hysterically....nah, it would just be stupid.

15 minutes ago, MJS said:

Jackson is slippery and elusive. He's not bowling people over. I'm not sure of the point on physicality. He is physically gifted. Is that what you mean?

More so just in comparison to Foster - to me, Jackson would seem to be the more physical runner, and have better change of direction ability. As such, Foster wouldn't be an accurate simulation at all in that case, but who knows.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Are you suggesting that Lamar Jackson can't play a lick of football, since a guy who can't play a lick of football would simulate him?

Given that LJax guy is QB'ing the league's leading offense at this point, if you are suggesting that, it would be hysterically....nah, it would just be stupid.

NO! If he could play football too, he’d be Lamar Jackson. There’s only one of them!  I’m just talking about a way to get ready for his speed and agility....like Rocky chasing the chicken! 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I’d give it to mckenzie.  He faster than jackson.  He’s harder to see than Jackson.  Stopping Jackson may be a breeze after stopping Mckenzie for a week 

No he isn't. Jackson ran a 4.34, McKenzie a 4.42

1 hour ago, Fan in San Diego said:

Bring in that San Fran QB , I forget his name

A) Every thread?

B) His running style is completely different from Jackson just as Allen's running style is different than either Kap or LJ.

LJ is a very tough guy to stimulate or simulate. There's never really been a QB THAT "elusive." Vick was faster, but even he wasn't quite as elusive. I'd prefer to NOT see McKenzie, Foster, or anyone on the active roster taking the time to do this because I don't think it would be all that productive. Much rather see their practice time dedicated to the offensive game plan. 

If Andre Roberts were super elusive or we had a super athletic guy stashed on the PS, it would be worth a shot. We'll see what happens, but just watch the tape and formulate a game plan. Anything else seems like a waste of time.

Edited by LSHMEAB

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

I’d give it to mckenzie.  He faster than jackson.  He’s harder to see than Jackson.  Stopping Jackson may be a breeze after stopping Mckenzie for a week 

Hm.. is there any real reason to believe he’s faster? Cause Jackson might be the fastest guy in the NFL... 

Honestly, what would the cost be to get Vick in the building for a week on the PS...or does his retirement prevent that? Somebody said, he won't play a game, so wouldn't count towards the cap. Can we sign and cut Vick from the PS for $100k? Hell Vick could make a career of it. Practice squad to practice squad, $100k a pop, $1.6M on the year, just to pretend to play football.

Vick was electric, but LJ is looking like he might be much better. Outside of maybe RG3 (who is also with BAL), I am not sure if anybody else would come close to similar ability or insight into playing style of Lamar.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I truly do not think so (on either count - similar playing style OR similar player).  They're both dual threat QBs, the resemblance ends there.

Holding the clipboard for Phil Rivers

If you believe reports, he is one bad pick away from replacing Rivers.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975