Sean McDermott is looking for someone to simulate Lamar Jackson

30 minutes ago, Stads said:

I suggest Pegula paying Lamar Jackson $20 million dollars to simulate Lamar Jackson

He will never play in a game, so no cap consequences. We will call him a “consultant” on how to catch a lightning fast ghost? Where does the CBA stand on that? You know, lightning ghosts? They covered that, right? 

• Like (+1) 1

When I was in high school, our basketball team was going to play a team in the sectionals that had a player who was one of the top scorers in the state at that time, and who would just launch long shots from everywhere (and make a lot of them) - including waaaay outside the 3 pt line.  I got selected to simulate him in practice - it was for sure the most fun practice I ever had - just launching bombs with impunity from NBA 3 pt range (and beyond) all over the court

Edited by stevewin

33 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

How do McKenzie and Foster simulate his size? Doubt it's close but wouldn't Tyree Jackson be a better option than those two? Hard to find anyone to match the size and change of direction agility/acceleration.

Is Tyree still around? Thought he was cut in preseason. 

47 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

@Gugny suggested that we trade a late round pick for Tyrod Taylor.

Tyrod threw a dozen warmup passes on the sideline yesterday after Rivers played like crap in the 1st quarter. But they never put him in the game. 

I think John Brown is our best in-house scout team QB, at least for one day this week given the extra time off. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

He will never play in a game, so no cap consequences. We will call him a “consultant” on how to catch a lightning fast ghost? Where does the CBA stand on that? You know, lightning ghosts? They covered that, right? 

I believe LFGs were covered in the current CBA, but they are a big point of contention in any upcoming negotiations. If they are considered to be actual ghosts, can they accrue years towards retirement? It's a conundrum wrapped in an enigma that could shape the future of the league.

3 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Wade Phillips is still under contract to the LA/STL/LA/Rims. 

3 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Wade Phillips is still under contract to the LA/STL/LA/Rims. 

I miss ol Wade!

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I like it! You don’t need to sneak him in; he’s on the practice squad, so doesn’t that mean he can, like, practice?

That's about all he can do at this point. 

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

He's on an XFL roster, lol - I wasn't thinking bring him back longterm, but if they're looking to find a guy to simulate him for a week, why not?

9 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

How does Tyree simulate Lamar? Tyree is huge, not fast and not shifty. (Boatdrinks, I realize this wasn't your idea)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

Im assuming this is a joke, as Josh Allen is very similar playing style to Lamar Jackson. Our defense should be better prepared then anyone to handle him!

I truly do not think so (on either count - similar playing style OR similar player).  They're both dual threat QBs, the resemblance ends there.

55 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

What is T-mobile doing these days?  

Holding the clipboard for Phil Rivers

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

Interesting - still have a hard time seeing the physicality comparison though. Jackson would appear the far more physical runner, Foster doesn’t really have that.

Jackson is slippery and elusive. He's not bowling people over. I'm not sure of the point on physicality. He is physically gifted. Is that what you mean?

56 minutes ago, MJS said:

Lamar Jackson isn't big. 6'2" and 200 pounds. That's the size of Foster.

He's listed as 6'2" and 212, but he looks thicker and more powerfully built than Foster.

TBH, one of the best choices on our roster would probably be Cole Beasley.  He is smaller, but he has that elite quickness and cutting ability.  He was the QB of his HS team and switched to receiver in college, so he can throw.  The problem of course is having a starter simulate LJax instead of repping to start.