I can't help but feel a little bad for Kyle Williams.

warrior9

21 hours ago, ScotSHO said:

Almost similar to the way Fred Smerlas' career ended.  Right at the wrong time.

I've always maintained that if Smerlas was still with the Bills in 1990, we'd have won against the Giants in Tampa Bay. OJ Anderson doesn't move the ball on us like he did with a Wright/Smerlas rotation.

21 hours ago, warrior9 said:

Out of all of his year here, we failed to win consistently and aside from the one play off appearance he didn't see much of it, period. 

The year after he leaves, we have this fantastic season and the best start in 20 years. I wish he would have been able to be apart of something like this. 

I'm sure he's happy for the organization but I can't help but wonder if he's a little bitter that in his 13 years here, we couldn't put this type of team on the field with him. 

if he stayed in playing shape we might have been able to sign him when Harrison went down or maybe later when we signed Luiget. Yet yeah it would have been nice to see him during this run. 

23 hours ago, warrior9 said:

Out of all of his year here, we failed to win consistently and aside from the one play off appearance he didn't see much of it, period. 

The year after he leaves, we have this fantastic season and the best start in 20 years. I wish he would have been able to be apart of something like this. 

I'm sure he's happy for the organization but I can't help but wonder if he's a little bitter that in his 13 years here, we couldn't put this type of team on the field with him. 

I feel bad for all the great Bills players that signed extensions during the rough years and remained loyal. Kyle is definitely in that group.

It would have been nice for him to get back a little more from the team that gave him little other than a nice paycheck & a real nice retirement but i believe he's happy !

Plus he's still part of the team seeing as they have brought him in from time to time to tutor Oliver so i would think if they were to get deep into the play offs it wouldn't surprise me to see McD bring him in for the experience especially as he knows most of the entire roster . 

I'm the other.  Like the end of a western and the old guy held on until he was no longer needed.  For Buffalo to be successful this team had to be Edmunds and Allen's not Williams.  Williams legacy was ending the drought and handing the reigns to the team to the new leaders.  This year he was wanted but not needed.  

Edited by Mat68

9 hours ago, BigPappy said:

Don't feel to badly for him. The Pegula's, Bean, and McDermott know exactly how important Kyle has been in building this team to what it currently is and they know how valuable he can and will be as a spokes-person for the community to set an example of how important this team is to the community. Rest assured, when the day comes, after our SB win, he will get the credit due and the ring. 

Did you read my post?

17 hours ago, White Linen said:

Did you read my post?

Of course. I was just saying (in a long winded way i guess) that I am sure the org knows how important he was in getting them there that if they did get a ring they would include him in that. I mean, I say "i am sure" but it's more of a belief that they would rather than a certainty. 

3 hours ago, BigPappy said:

Of course. I was just saying (in a long winded way i guess) that I am sure the org knows how important he was in getting them there that if they did get a ring they would include him in that. I mean, I say "i am sure" but it's more of a belief that they would rather than a certainty. 

Wow, so you think they'd give him a ring if we win it all this year.  Interesting take.  I personally don't think they could and I'm not sure he'd accept.  

19 hours ago, White Linen said:

Wow, so you think they'd give him a ring if we win it all this year.  Interesting take.  I personally don't think they could and I'm not sure he'd accept.  

Why couldn't they? The Eagles did it with Dorenbos. He was no longer on the roster when they won it. He had been given a medical settlement or something along those lines. He was a guest of the owner to watch the game in his suite. So if the eagles can do it why can't Buffalo? As for if he would accept, that is an entirely different story and quite possible. But if the team offers it to him making him understand how important he was to getting to where they are, i think he might.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/06/jon-dorenbos-super-bowl-eagles-ring