I can't help but feel a little bad for Kyle Williams.

warrior9

7 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

When the Bills win the Super Bowl this year, Kyle gets a ring like The Eagles did for Dorenbos.

Dorenbos got the ring because his trade was cancelled due to his health and he went on some list for Eagles.

Loved the Magic Man when he played for Buffalo.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Dorenbos got the ring because his trade was cancelled due to his health and he went on some list for Eagles.

Loved the Magic Man when he played for Buffalo.

I just saw a Dorenbos interview, and he said he was not a part of the Eagles at all when he got the ring.

2 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

That first Super Bowl loss...that was supposed to be their finest hour!

But they just couldn’t stay sober enough to eat Cheetoh’s! 

(Bruce 30 for 30 reference. Big party after 51-3, couldn’t find mouth with food. They can laugh now. Oh well.....) 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

But they just couldn’t stay sober enough to eat Cheetoh’s! 

(Bruce 30 for 30 reference. Big party after 51-3, couldn’t find mouth with food. They can laugh now. Oh well.....) 

I never realized the impact that their partying life would have on their game until years later. It was partial denial on my part, and just the disbelief that athletes with so much at stake could be so reckless.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Utah John said:

At least Kyle Williams got to play in a playoff game.  Not so for Fred Jackson.  He had the satisfaction of beating out Marshawn Lynch, and the great respect and affection of Bills fans, but never got widely recognized (except the Chicago Bear he dismissed with a classic stiff-arm).

If I had to pick 2 players who deserved better during the drought years it was definitely Kyle & Fred. But I also know they'll be pulling for this team like no tomorrow. 

9 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

He's still pretty involved with the team. He did the narraration for the Bills Hard Knockoff (Just made that name up while I was typing this) on YouTube. Also helped Oliver out during training camp. Gave a pretty cool speech to the players about what this team actually means to the community. (Paraphrasing) "Teams in LA, Chicago, New York. They're luxuries. The people there are there to woo clients and such. In Buffalo, the people there are the die hard fans who love this team."

Wouldn't be surprised if he's brought back in some sort of coaching role in the next year or two.

Neither would I.

I remember during last year's Combine when he was a guest commentator on NFL Network during the DL drills. When the drills had concluded, the crew was talking about the Bills and the camera got a shot of the Bills staff in attendance and Kyle was with them talking to McDermott.

I'm sure Kyle is still in touch with the staff.

10 hours ago, Brandon_Bean said:

I've been thinking about Fred Jackson lately, wish he could play on this team.

I was just about to post this. He was a solid trooper for many years and doesn't get the love he deserves. I dont think I have seen him in any commercials or local radio stations since he left.

11 hours ago, warrior9 said:

Out of all of his year here, we failed to win consistently and aside from the one play off appearance he didn't see much of it, period. 

The year after he leaves, we have this fantastic season and the best start in 20 years. I wish he would have been able to be apart of something like this. 

I'm sure he's happy for the organization but I can't help but wonder if he's a little bitter that in his 13 years here, we couldn't put this type of team on the field with him. 

he could have stayed as he was still playing like he always had , but unfortunately he made that choice and has to watch.

2 hours ago, steven50 said:

I was just about to post this. He was a solid trooper for many years and doesn't get the love he deserves. I dont think I have seen him in any commercials or local radio stations since he left.

I saw him on a Bills show with that new female Bills reporter, it was some internet show, looked super low budget, can't remember what the show was called.

15 hours ago, warrior9 said:

Out of all of his year here, we failed to win consistently and aside from the one play off appearance he didn't see much of it, period. 

The year after he leaves, we have this fantastic season and the best start in 20 years. I wish he would have been able to be apart of something like this. 

I'm sure he's happy for the organization but I can't help but wonder if he's a little bitter that in his 13 years here, we couldn't put this type of team on the field with him. 

I appreciate what you said and everything but the bitter part I agree.  He is such a class act, and religious guy, he probably has praying all season for us to have this kind of season.  Bitterness in my opinion is not in his DNA.  Good call on this thread.  I know he is probably the most beloved and popular player since the Kelly days.

• Like (+1) 1

he had a great career. he was part of the team that broke the drought. he was a part of the community. he made millions. he loved football and buffalo.

feeling a little bad because he isn't/wont be part of this young bills team who will make a mark of their own or that he would be bitter because of it is well, a little ridiculous.

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

he had a great career. he was part of the team that broke the drought. he was a part of the community. he made millions. he loved football and buffalo.

feeling a little bad because he isn't/wont be part of this young bills team who will make a mark of their own or that he would be bitter because of it is well, a little ridiculous.

Sorry for being ridiculous in hoping that we won more like this when Kyle was here =(

16 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he and McDermott have each other on speed dial should we need some depth/injury coverage in the DL for the postseason. He still looks like he’s ready to play tomorrow if the call came in.

if we needed him desperately, he answers that call 100% of the time.

Sorry but that's a no go. It's too late in the season and he has already submitted his retirement paperwork. He would have to refile un-retirement paperwork to be able to sign again with anyone. Not that he would sign with anyone but the Bills most likely....if he did for some reason un-retire.

15 hours ago, White Linen said:

Damn Kyle, I wish you could have been a part of our best start in 20 years and a good season?  I can't get there. 

I'd feel bad for Kyle if we win the super bowl - I'd obviously wish he could be part of that. 

Don't feel to badly for him. The Pegula's, Bean, and McDermott know exactly how important Kyle has been in building this team to what it currently is and they know how valuable he can and will be as a spokes-person for the community to set an example of how important this team is to the community. Rest assured, when the day comes, after our SB win, he will get the credit due and the ring. 

14 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Kyle is still in touch with the team.  I'm sure they'll include him appropriately as the team has success.   He was an important foundation for what McBeane are building, and they won't forget.  

This exactly!!

10 hours ago, buffalobillswin said:

I always felt that way for Aaron Schobel and Takeo Spikes. Both were class acts and never got to play in a playoff game.

I 100% agree with you on Aaron Schobel. I always though he got shafted. Was an elite DE on some really crappy Bills teams. Got tired of putting in 110% and watching the rest of the team around him suck the big one, which is why he retired early. Have to disagree with you on Spikes though. He didn't play here long enough.

27 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Sorry for being ridiculous in hoping that we won more like this when Kyle was here =(

Don't be sorry. I just thought it was ridiculous to think that he would be bitter. I never saw him as the type of man that would be bitter about something like that especially after the career he had here in Buffalo.

5 hours ago, Brandon_Bean said:

I saw him on a Bills show with that new female Bills reporter, it was some internet show, looked super low budget, can't remember what the show was called.

I believe it's the official Bills dot com postgame and halftime show that's streamed on the website, Facebook, etc.