I can't help but feel a little bad for Kyle Williams.

warrior9

Sorry but I don’t and I doubt Kyle wants us to feel sorry for him. KW has a great career, made a bucketful of cash and has his health. As fans we should be grateful for such a high character guy amongst us but never should we feel sorry for someone who walks away with financial security and good health.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he and McDermott have each other on speed dial should we need some depth/injury coverage in the DL for the postseason. He still looks like he’s ready to play tomorrow if the call came in.

if we needed him desperately, he answers that call 100% of the time.

Kyle has lost a lot of weight and I doubt he would be able to successfully play in current shape although for life he is probably in better shape.

2 hours ago, Brandon_Bean said:

I've been thinking about Fred Jackson lately, wish he could play on this team.

Maybe they could ask him to emulate Lamar Jackson in practice :D

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I liked Kyle. But I feel worse for Takeo Spikes.  

I still have a TKO hat I wear sometimes.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, warrior9 said:

Out of all of his year here, we failed to win consistently and aside from the one play off appearance he didn't see much of it, period. 

The year after he leaves, we have this fantastic season and the best start in 20 years. I wish he would have been able to be apart of something like this. 

I'm sure he's happy for the organization but I can't help but wonder if he's a little bitter that in his 13 years here, we couldn't put this type of team on the field with him. 

Does he have a psuedo job as DT coach thus he can get a ring ?

4 hours ago, warrior9 said:

Out of all of his year here, we failed to win consistently and aside from the one play off appearance he didn't see much of it, period. 

The year after he leaves, we have this fantastic season and the best start in 20 years. I wish he would have been able to be apart of something like this. 

I'm sure he's happy for the organization but I can't help but wonder if he's a little bitter that in his 13 years here, we couldn't put this type of team on the field with him. 

Hopefully it ends just like the year after Don Mattingly retired from the Yankees. That ended in a championship. :thumbsup:

At least Kyle Williams got to play in a playoff game.  Not so for Fred Jackson.  He had the satisfaction of beating out Marshawn Lynch, and the great respect and affection of Bills fans, but never got widely recognized (except the Chicago Bear he dismissed with a classic stiff-arm).

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I dunno, I think he can rest easy in knowing that he has done a lot to help make this team what it is- from his example and leadership both as a player, and then during camp this year. 

And in recruiting.  Say what you will about Mario but I still look at that signing as a massive step in changing our perception around the league as a franchise no free agent would choose and Kyle played a large role in landing Mario.  I know a few other vets talked to KW before signing in Buffalo including Gore. He has been a great ambassador of the franchise.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think bitter, but envious perhaps?  Lee Smith said he called Kyle (whom he knew from his first stint with the Bills) and asked his view on Allen and where the Bills were headed, and that what Kyle said sold him - that Allen was the QB he wished the Bills had had during his entire career instead of the final year.

Thank God for Kyle. I don't know where this team would be without Lee Smith. He's truly been our lynch pin this year. Another gem from McBeane and Co.

Ok. I kid... I'm sure he's a great locker room guy!!?