I can't help but feel a little bad for Kyle Williams.

warrior9

33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think bitter, but envious perhaps?  Lee Smith said he called Kyle (whom he knew from his first stint with the Bills) and asked his view on Allen and where the Bills were headed, and that what Kyle said sold him - that Allen was the QB he wished the Bills had had during his entire career instead of the final year.

I enjoyed watching Kyle Williams play and think he seems like a pretty decent guy so I am not going to let him influencing Lee 'Yellow Flag' Smith come to Buffalo ruin that for me. 

Edited by Bob Chandler's Hands

51 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Out of all of his year here, we failed to win consistently and aside from the one play off appearance he didn't see much of it, period. 

The year after he leaves, we have this fantastic season and the best start in 20 years. I wish he would have been able to be apart of something like this. 

I'm sure he's happy for the organization but I can't help but wonder if he's a little bitter that in his 13 years here, we couldn't put this type of team on the field with him. 

Dont worry... he knows it’s a soft schedule ?

He's still pretty involved with the team. He did the narraration for the Bills Hard Knockoff (Just made that name up while I was typing this) on YouTube. Also helped Oliver out during training camp. Gave a pretty cool speech to the players about what this team actually means to the community. (Paraphrasing) "Teams in LA, Chicago, New York. They're luxuries. The people there are there to woo clients and such. In Buffalo, the people there are the die hard fans who love this team."

Wouldn't be surprised if he's brought back in some sort of coaching role in the next year or two.

Loved Kyle. One of my favorite Bills. Thst said, he was at the end of his career. He went when he needed to and I think he did better as a "trainer" then he would have as a player this spring. He can know this. The D is special and he helped make it that way.

I feel for Kyle, but he left on his own terms. Unlike Eric Woods, who had to leave the game because of his health. 

On the same note. How much fun would be if Terrance McGee and Freddie Jackson were also part of this. I know Terrance is a bit of a stretch because he played so long ago, but no less deserving IMO. 

Even though there is a lot to be proud of, up to this point. There is still so much work left to be done. Lets keep it rolling. 

GO BILLS!!!

1 hour ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Man if this team really turns into something long term, Kyle is going to be well-remembered as a career Bill who helped set the tone for McD and the whole deal that playoff-drought breaking season.

Kyle's initials are scratched in the concrete of the foundation.

Very well said indeed !

2 hours ago, warrior9 said:

Out of all of his year here, we failed to win consistently and aside from the one play off appearance he didn't see much of it, period. 

The year after he leaves, we have this fantastic season and the best start in 20 years. I wish he would have been able to be apart of something like this. 

I'm sure he's happy for the organization but I can't help but wonder if he's a little bitter that in his 13 years here, we couldn't put this type of team on the field with him. 

Yup, as a Yankees fan I’m reminded of Don Mattingly- same situation