I can't help but feel a little bad for Kyle Williams.

warrior9

Out of all of his year here, we failed to win consistently and aside from the one play off appearance he didn't see much of it, period. 

The year after he leaves, we have this fantastic season and the best start in 20 years. I wish he would have been able to be apart of something like this. 

I'm sure he's happy for the organization but I can't help but wonder if he's a little bitter that in his 13 years here, we couldn't put this type of team on the field with him. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, blacklabel said:

Would be awesome if he were still with the team this season. But, I'm sure he's enjoying the fact that he can be around the team and enjoy in their success without having to put in all the work. He seems pretty content to be retired.

Right right, I get that. It's just that i would have liked for someone that has been such an integral part of and believed in the organization to have seen some more winning. Just so happens that after he retires, we do so. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, warrior9 said:

Out of all of his year here, we failed to win consistently and aside from the one play off appearance he didn't see much of it, period. 

The year after he leaves, we have this fantastic season and the best start in 20 years. I wish he would have been able to be apart of something like this. 

I'm sure he's happy for the organization but I can't help but wonder if he's a little bitter that in his 13 years here, we couldn't put this type of team on the field with him. 

It’s hard to justify being bitter about what life gave you when you’re a  millionaire many times over, just sayin.... KW had a good career, and I’ll bet you he’s a happy man.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

I don't. The Bills were never really terrible when Kyle played. They were always 'in the hunt' right around Thanksgiving. Not sure that players really want anything more. And remember...this season isn't over yet. Anything can happen.

You mean like Kyle signing as depth for a playoff run? ?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Thought about this yesterday, but I'm guessing he is pretty content.  He did get to play in a playoff game before retiring, and he knew he was leaving the franchise in good hands with McBeane and Allen.  Plus, he's a millionaire and a great golfer.  ?

Fair. 

I mean in terms of his personal life, yeah he'll be alright. I just wish he was able to experience this as a player, i guess. 

16 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

I don't think bitter, but envious perhaps?  Lee Smith said he called Kyle (whom he knew from his first stint with the Bills) and asked his view on Allen and where the Bills were headed, and that what Kyle said sold him - that Allen was the QB he wished the Bills had had during his entire career instead of the final year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Man if this team really turns into something long term, Kyle is going to be well-remembered as a career Bill who helped set the tone for McD and the whole deal that playoff-drought breaking season.

Kyle's initials are scratched in the concrete of the foundation.

Edited by Golden*Wheels
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think bitter, but envious perhaps?  Lee Smith said he called Kyle (whom he knew from his first stint with the Bills) and asked his view on Allen and where the Bills were headed, and that what Kyle said sold him - that Allen was the QB he wished the Bills had had during his entire career instead of the final year.

Yeah, I do remember him mentioning that.... Bittersweet, envious, yeah I think those are good words. 

2 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Man if this team really turns into something long term, Kyle is going to be well-remembered there as a career Bill who helped set the tone for McD and the whole deal that playoff-drought breaking season.

Kyle's initials are scratched in the concrete of the foundation.

And I think that's important to note. For guys like Harry, and Jordan Phillips, and Jerry Hughes, Shaq, etc in his position group.

But then teaming with guys like Lorax and their presence to exemplify leadership.

Edited by warrior9

25 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

If there is ANYONE who got shafted the most, it was Eric Moulds.

I am thoroughly convinced that had Eric Moulds had the kind of QB an offense others of his era had, he would be wearing a gold jacket soon.

He was by far the greatest talent we have had in Buffalo since our SB run and we just couldn't build around him and it still galls me.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yeah unfortunately with the NFL there are so many great players who barely get to sniff the postseason. Eric Moulds and Kyle for us. Joe Thomas for the Browns, Gerald McCoy for the Bucs. We could probably make our own thread of players who got shafted based on the teams they were on.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he and McDermott have each other on speed dial should we need some depth/injury coverage in the DL for the postseason. He still looks like he’s ready to play tomorrow if the call came in.

if we needed him desperately, he answers that call 100% of the time.

Edited by KingBoots8