Josh Allen month - star potential

rayray808

17 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I am excited and nervous. He's coming off a three game stretch that is by far his best ever, and is downright elite (and has happened against teams that are decent-great defensively): 

672 yards, 67%, 6:1 ratio, 155 rushing yards with 2 td's, no fumbles (unless you want to count the snap, which he recovered). 28 PPG, 3-0. 

Across 16 games that looks like this: 

3,584, 67%, 32:5, 827rush, 10td's. 

All that to say, I'm interested to see if this is his emergence as the Guy we've all dreamed he can be, if this is just a flash in the pan and he'll regress, or if he'll settle somewhere in the middle... I personally think we're going to see an above average QB the rest of the way. 

Agreed. Until he proves otherwise, I'm with you. He's given me absolutely no reason to think that he'll regress. I prefer not to live in the negative what if world. 

If he regresses, he does. For now, I'm just going to enjoy the ride!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

We have not seen enough of Josh yet to be sure, but it's clear we can all sense, at the very least, that he is CLUTCH. He will be good or bad, but it's not the pressure of a big moment that will crush him. Not consistently anyway. He was born to be an NFL QB!

On 12/2/2019 at 1:15 PM, rayray808 said:

12/8 - vs Ravens and Lamar Jackson the front runner for MVP

12/15 - vs Steelers on NBC Sunday Night Football

12/21 - vs Patriots moved to Saturday game and possibly for the division, #1 seed, and home field through the playoffs

12/29 - vs Jets in the season finale vs Darnold and crew - this game will have either 0 meaning or could decide our playoff fate should we drop 3 in a row

Lots of eyes in meaningful games = the potential for a star to be born.

What I am most excited about is that Josh Allen doesnʻt have to throw for 300+ yards and 3+ TDʻs but rather keep his completion % high, and minimize the INTʻs and fumbles. With our defense playing the way they are, the Wʻs will be the result.

2 reasons why this is HUGE for us:

1) Locking in a playoff spot, and gaining momentum as the post season begins. This was supposed to be the developmental year, however we now have the chance to actually make a nice run. For a sophomore QB to be in this position it definitely helps him progress along to be a potential franchise QB. 

2) Free agency commercial appeal. That 4th and 1 play when Josh did what he did vs Dallas it sent a message to the league that he has the grit to lead a team a win. If he can replicate moments like that over this final stretch, win or lose, there will be many around the league who will no longer SETTLE to come and play in Buffalo but rather REQUEST to come and play with this team.

Your either with us, or against us!

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/time-bill-ieve-buffalo-thick-afc-playoff-race-011710907--nfl.html

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) -- It was only a few weeks ago when the Bills had a 7-3 record, and quarterback Josh Allen acknowledged he and his teammates had taken a peek at the playoff picture.

''I wouldn't say we've started talking about it, but you do want to keep an eye on what everybody else is doing,'' the second-year starter responded, before making a cautious projection. ''At the end of the day, I think you need at least 10 wins to get in.''

Two weeks and two wins later, the question for Allen now might be why stop there?

Returning from an extended weekend off following their convincing 26-15 win at Dallas on Thanksgiving Day, the Bills are in the thick of the AFC playoff race.

At 9-3, the Bills will play the two teams ahead of them in the standings over the next three weeks, starting with the conference-leading Baltimore Ravens (10-2) coming to town Sunday, and Buffalo playing at New England (10-2) on Dec. 21.

Coach Sean McDermott on Monday promptly cooled talk of having any AFC East title aspirations by saying he's solely focused on the immediate challenge ahead and noting how the dynamic Lamar Jackson-led Ravens might well be the league's best team.

The latest sign of respect came Sunday, when the NFL flexed Buffalo into its most prestigious TV spot by moving the Bills' game at Pittsburgh from a 1 p.m. start to prime time on Dec. 15. It will mark the first time Buffalo has played on Sunday night since a 56-10 loss to New England in 2007

Good story by @john wawrow

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Handle what ?

That Allen might just be on the brink of being elite.

If his name was Josh Rosen it would be like how they talk about.....Lamar Jackson.  

I'm not saying "crown him."  I'm just saying I know as someone that (smartly) didn't really take a rooting "it has to be this guy" stance at the draft, I had Lamar and Allen ahead of Rosen but whoever they picked unlike WGR I've objectively evaluated.  I haven't let some insufferable notion of having to be right trump my desire to see this team win.  They look at him thru a prism of "he sucks bc the experts said completion percentage something something."  Clouds the objectivity and sports talk for smart people becomes sports talk for miserable hosts.  

So they spent all off season asking listeners "will we know this season" if he is the guy.  "We got him weapons!"

They haven't revisited this question....at all.  It's just bizarre.  I don't sense anything is genuine from them when they talk about this team's success.  There is so much of an undertone of skepticism.  

I listen to the am show everyday on my now 40 min commute to work.  Howard was ready to bench him after Philly.  No he didnt say that but he absolutely said he can't see how this offense will get better.  He criticized every bad pass early in the season instead of looking at the big picture that he is a young raw QB with 9 new starters on O and no running game.  I mean the fact that we can basically lump the 2 morning guys and the 2 pm guys as all of the same mindset is just ridiculous.  They need a brand new crew on that 3 pm show that doesn't just boringly echo the am show.  

22 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

That Allen might just be on the brink of being elite.

If his name was Josh Rosen it would be like how they talk about.....Lamar Jackson.  

I'm not saying "crown him."  I'm just saying I know as someone that (smartly) didn't really take a rooting "it has to be this guy" stance at the draft, I had Lamar and Allen ahead of Rosen but whoever they picked unlike WGR I've objectively evaluated.  I haven't let some insufferable notion of having to be right trump my desire to see this team win.  They look at him thru a prism of "he sucks bc the experts said completion percentage something something."  Clouds the objectivity and sports talk for smart people becomes sports talk for miserable hosts.  

So they spent all off season asking listeners "will we know this season" if he is the guy.  "We got him weapons!"

They haven't revisited this question....at all.  It's just bizarre.  I don't sense anything is genuine from them when they talk about this team's success.  There is so much of an undertone of skepticism.  

I listen to the am show everyday on my now 40 min commute to work.  Howard was ready to bench him after Philly.  No he didnt say that but he absolutely said he can't see how this offense will get better.  He criticized every bad pass early in the season instead of looking at the big picture that he is a young raw QB with 9 new starters on O and no running game.  I mean the fact that we can basically lump the 2 morning guys and the 2 pm guys as all of the same mindset is just ridiculous.  They need a brand new crew on that 3 pm show that doesn't just boringly echo the am show.  

I dont listen to that garbage i listen to the Buffalo Fantics , Rico the hosts he is fun and he knows what hes talking about and its always a great listen 

10 hours ago, TPS said:

Allen and the O's test started with Denver. Team D rankings by points allowed:

denver 9

dallas 8

baltimore 5

pittsburgh 6

new England 1

that's a gauntlet.

Didnt both Denver and Dallas rankings drop after playing Buffalo?.