Worried about Oliver? Read and watch this !

DJB

I said it on draft night and still say it.... Ed Oliver dropping to #9 shows sometimes NFL personnel people are stupid. 

No problem at all with Arizona taking Murray at #1 - if you think a guy can be your franchise QB you pick him - but Bosa and Oliver were the best two players in the class and there was a gap to the third best. Everyone from the Jets on got it wrong in my opinion. The Lions took a ***** Tight End. I mean seriously. You can't fix stupid. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DJB said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/buffalo-bills-rookie-dt-ed-oliver-is-heating-up

Production is a poor way to measure the play of DTs, but the anticipation for Oliver to become an immediate star left room for disappointment. Truth is, rookies at this position do not typically light up the box score in their first eight professional games. Here are some notable NFL star defensive tackles and their production across their first eight games in the league: 

• Aaron Donald: 20 tackles, one sack
  • Fletcher Cox: 16 tackles, one sack
  • Geno Atkins: Five tackles, 1/2 sack
  • Gerald McCoy 14 tackles, zero sacks

Ed Oliver 28 tackles, 5 sacks, 2 PDef ,  1 FF (12 game totals)

did you just compare the stats of 4 players in 8 games with one players stats in 12 games?

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I said it on draft night and still say it.... Ed Oliver dropping to #9 shows sometimes NFL personnel people are stupid. 

No problem at all with Arizona taking Murray at #1 - if you think a guy can be your franchise QB you pick him - but Bosa and Oliver were the best two players in the class and there was a gap to the third best. Everyone from the Jets on got it wrong in my opinion. The Lions took a ***** Tight End. I mean seriously. You can't fix stupid. 

I wanted to suck bad enough last year for either Bosa or Oliver and I still can't believe we got Oliver at 9. I really thought we wouldn't have a chance in hell

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I disagree. The Jaguars nailed their pick with Josh Allen. That kid is a beast.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

So Josh Allen has been a good pick. For sure. But over their careers I am convinced they will still wish they had taken Oliver. 

Now that very well could happen. I absolutely loved the Oliver pick right from the start. My brother and I lost our ***** when he fell to us. I'm still shocked honestly.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

So Josh Allen has been a good pick. For sure. But over their careers I am convinced they will still wish they had taken Oliver. 

Interior pass rushers who can also play the run are much harder to come by than an edge guy IMO. Can always bring edge pressure with a blitz, up the middle from a DT position - yup, I will take it all day long

1 hour ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I’m more worried about flat earthers than I am about Oliver.

You don’t have to worry about them, just herd them over the edge... tell them there’s a Dunkin’ Donuts over that way....

3 hours ago, DJB said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/buffalo-bills-rookie-dt-ed-oliver-is-heating-up

Production is a poor way to measure the play of DTs, but the anticipation for Oliver to become an immediate star left room for disappointment. Truth is, rookies at this position do not typically light up the box score in their first eight professional games. Here are some notable NFL star defensive tackles and their production across their first eight games in the league: 

• Aaron Donald: 20 tackles, one sack
  • Fletcher Cox: 16 tackles, one sack
  • Geno Atkins: Five tackles, 1/2 sack
  • Gerald McCoy 14 tackles, zero sacks

Ed Oliver 28 tackles, 5 sacks, 2 PDef ,  1 FF (12 game totals)

Well that's encouraging!