Peter King's Take on the Bills - 12/2/19

H2o

2 hours ago, H2o said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/01/nfl-playoff-picture-week-13-fmia-peter-king/

Pretty decent little excerpt this morning by Peter King on the Bills. 

Excellent! Just a conversation between a couple of fellows. So genuine in its simplicity.

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Part of his “I think I think” segment stood out too:

6. I think the Jets will regret passing on Ed Oliver for Quinnen Williams in the top 10 of the 2019 NFL Draft. If they’re being honest, they already do.

Music to my ears. 

To think that there were draft day "rumors" suggesting the Bills were going to trade up for Q. Williams! ouch! 

This season isn't the destination for this team, only an early part of their journey. I am excited not only for their current opportunity but the position they are in to be successful in the future. I appreciate everything that McDermott brings to the organization, both as a person and a head coach. Pegula got it right entrusting the future of this organization to Beane and McDermott. I fully intend to enjoy this ride.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Bring it said:

He told the players to “play fearlessly”. Maybe he realized that he needed to coach in game a little more that way as well!? Regardless the way he has gotten this team to turn it up a notch since that loss to the Browns is impressive!

Against the Ravens it will have to be two notches.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

Excellent! Just a conversation between a couple of fellows. So genuine in its simplicity.

To think that there were draft day "rumors" suggesting the Bills were going to trade up for Q. Williams! ouch! 

The Bills did call teams about a trade up. It was for Ed Oliver. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I read this today. He probably did touch a nerve a bit given the lack of respect he showed to the team. 8-3 going in as underdogs and they were ignored. Kings own lead up "little engine that could" shows the disconnect until the Bills curb stopped Dallas.

I still read Kings FMIA column but not to the depth or fervor as I did when he was with SI. He has become part of the media football giant that doesn't think. Mark my words most weeks he focuses on the same grouping of teams PHI, NOLA, NE, SEA, PIT, SF, and IND. Even when one of them are bad he gives them more press then they deserve. His love fest for Chip Kelly with Sam Bradford borderlined with obsessive. I am pretty sure he has given more writing space to the Phins this year then the Bills. A Bills fan wrote in leading up to the season asking why he has not said much about them and his own words "their not exciting" and "back when Rex and McCoy came they had more to cover". Mind you that team finished 8-8 with the HC fired a year later whereas this one is ascending with a good young QB, but the truth was straight up said he only cares about about what is exciting not the actual league. That is my issue with anything NBC related right down to the lead in song and video clips. They have their favorites and play for them regardless of reality.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

He's easily the best coach they've had in a long time.... he deserved all the criticism in the world for that end of the game sequence against the Browns and he gets too conservative at times, but he is clearly showing he is a leader and a good coach. 

McD clearly demonstrated that he learns and will make necessary adjustments. After Cleveland, the Bills turned it up a few notches to become more aggressive in all phases of the game and McDermott deserves all the credit. I believe the coaches are getting as much as humanly possible out of each player. How many coaches could say that?  

6 hours ago, bilzfancy said:

McD needs to be in the coach of the year discussion, and Beane in executive of the year

If the Bills were to win out or at least 3 out of 4 including this week, I think he'd get it.  If they lose to Balt. and Balt. keeps the #1 or #2 seed, likely will go to Harbough in particular with what he's done with Jackson who was the #32 overall pick.  And a great defense too.  Ditto for Beane.

1 hour ago, Rocket94 said:

Yes....and it is turning out quite well. Just his rookie year and plenty of upside remains! Patience will pay off!

You mean....the patience that so many had lost just a few weeks ago? Geez! Give it some time people! That should go for all the young guys. 

But just wait, we will hit some bumps in the road and the same folks will be piping up again about......something they don’t like. That’s fair, as long as complaining is not ALL you do. That gets tired. There is plenty of good and bad, but to me the big picture leans heavily toward the good right now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Augie said:

You mean....the patience that so many had lost just a few weeks ago? Geez! Give it some time people! That should go for all the young guys. 

But just wait, we will hit some bumps in the road and the same folks will be piping up again about......something they don’t like. That’s fair, as long as complaining is not ALL you do. That gets tired. There is plenty of good and bad, but to me the big picture leans heavily toward the good right now. 

Oh absolutely! This team is developing strength and character as the season progresses. Reservations about the Bills can be expected. I had my doubts, but anything that they do at this point will not surprise me. When McDermott had the conversation with Peter King, he sounded genuinely pleased...to the point of relief that this process is clicking. Good stuff...almost makes me homesick!

5 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

Misinformation to make the Jets act.

6 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Part of his “I think I think” segment stood out too:

6. I think the Jets will regret passing on Ed Oliver for Quinnen Williams in the top 10 of the 2019 NFL Draft. If they’re being honest, they already do.

Music to my ears. 

Should give the Jets a 5th for Williams.