Peter King's Take on the Bills - 12/2/19

H2o

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/01/nfl-playoff-picture-week-13-fmia-peter-king/

I’m not sure if I touched a nerve with McDermott. This was just a short, seven-minute conversation, him on the airplane at DFW waiting to fly back home. But I asked him what he was thinking as he walked off the field after his team handled the Cowboys, with 90,445 watching, on national TV, in a game the Cowboys had to have, to advance the Bills to a totally unlikely 9-3, a little-engine-that-could team still breathing on the Patriots’ necks. He sounded a little emotional. Yes, this was a very good day for a coaching lifer.

“As we walked off the field?” McDermott said. “I was just grateful. I am a man of faith. I am blessed to be in Buffalo. We’re building something special. It’s humbling to be a part of it, for all of us.”

Pretty decent little excerpt this morning by Peter King on the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 5

anyone who doesn't love/like mcdermott hates their own life

he is hard nosed no b.s.

hard worker

understands Buffalo 

overly polite with the media

has built this team to win for a while

is loved by his players

then we get he "claps too much" - ?? that's what you have he claps to much?    my only thought  is sorry your life sucks

or if he holds his cards close to his chest in a media question  then its "coaches speak"- ??   ya do you listen to any coach talk they all do it 

• Like (+1) 15
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Nobody knows how good the Bills will be when the going gets tough starting NOW.  But, they are on the rise, and some nationally are now waking up. (at least those who are willing to admit they were wrong about the Bills and Josh Allen)  I appreciate McD's anwer, it speaks to being part of something bigger than yourself.  Like all Bills fans, I have hopes, both short term and longer term.  First time in a couple of decades for those feel good notions.

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, bigK14094 said:

Nobody knows how good the Bills will be when the going gets tough starting NOW.  But, they are on the rise, and some nationally are now waking up. (at least those who are willing to admit they were wrong about the Bills and Josh Allen)  I appreciate McD's anwer, it speaks to being part of something bigger than yourself.  Like all Bills fans, I have hopes, both short term and longer term.  First time in a couple of decades for those feel good notions.

People notice when you have a good team, which we now do, which we pretty much haven't had for the better part of 2 decades.  You win more than you lose, you'll likely get attention, it's not rocket science.

• Like (+1) 4

25 minutes ago, H2o said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/01/nfl-playoff-picture-week-13-fmia-peter-king/

Pretty decent little excerpt this morning by Peter King on the Bills. 

Selective Editing .. When I see 

I’m not sure if I touched a nerve with McDermott. 

I think you pissed him off

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Selective Editing .. When I see 

I think you pissed him off

Well, there was that thing about McDermott going all Antonio Brown and whatnot a couple weeks ago. :lol:

14 minutes ago, CardinalScotts said:

he is hard nosed no b.s.

hard worker

understands Buffalo 

is loved by his players

then we get he "claps too much" - ?? that's what you have he claps to much?    my only thought  is sorry your life sucks

or if he holds his cards close to his chest in a media question  then its "coaches speak"- ??   ya do you listen to any coach talk they all do it 

And genuinely humble.  He knows HE'S still a work in progress too as a head coach, still learning game management, etc.   He said it a few days ago.

• Like (+1) 1

I feel that he understands the importance of certain moments/games, but doesn't get overwhelmed by those moments.  He also doesn't allow lesser things to get overlooked.  Doesn't mean he doesn't make mistakes (Browns game) but he doesn't get too far ahead of himself

• Like (+1) 1

Great coach.  He is also a very respected NFL mind.  In terms of Defense he is the Shannahan and MCvay style but on defense.  He will scheme open pressures, will drop guys into the offenses presumed open windows.  The defense is solid.  Allen was drafted for winter football.  Big armed, big guy.  Imo it is not a coincidence that Allen's best games came in December last year. The same I think happens this year. He can make throws that few QBs can make in similar conditions.  Brandon Allen could not get the ball ten yards outside the numbers in Buffalo into the wind.  Allen threw a 30 yard laser for a TD.  I'm curious to see how Jackson handles the cold and wind.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CardinalScotts said:

he is hard nosed no b.s.

hard worker

understands Buffalo 

is loved by his players

He is in a position of authority for an organization that doesn't put out a lot of food for reporters.  That's pretty bad.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Kind of are.

for me once we win the division and put the Pats dynasty to bed it will be our time.

No, it's the same narrative used by media whenever the Bills have a decent record. Oh look at little Buffalo, they've won some games. 

Bills are developing a top 10 pick QB into a franchise QB. It's not the same.