Week 14 - Ravens (-6.5) at Bills Over/Under 44

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Just being realistic.  Our defense hasn't proven at all that it can stop powerful runners consistently, especially the ones between the tackles. 

There's a reason the team cut Pecko then signed the DT from Miami then signed Liuget: we're still searching for the solution to the big, powerful RB that runs between the tackles.  And to top all that off, Edmunds has been a liability as a run defender.

I would like this to be the week that we resolve that problem, but Ingram is probably the most powerful between-the-tackle runner we've seen yet, so this week is really sink or swim on defense.

After the opening drive we held Barkley to 52 yards the rest of the game. Zeke didn't exactly destroy us with his 71 yards. Right there we controlled 2 of the best rbs in the NFL. The strategy should be stop Lamar first with cover 0 and 8 in the box. Key on tackling LJ from the pistol. Ingram will have to be contained by the DL.....

I came across this article after clicking a link on the previous page and thought it has some cool info. Definitely some stuff I didn't know, not that I know a lot or anything, but I thought I'd share it here in case someone else might find it enlightening.

https://sports.yahoo.com/showdown-nfls-next-generation-qbs-jackson-vs-allen-005551836--nfl.html

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Just being realistic.  Our defense hasn't proven at all that it can stop powerful runners consistently, especially the ones between the tackles. 

There's a reason the team cut Pecko then signed the DT from Miami then signed Liuget: we're still searching for the solution to the big, powerful RB that runs between the tackles.  And to top all that off, Edmunds has been a liability as a run defender.

I would like this to be the week that we resolve that problem, but Ingram is probably the most powerful between-the-tackle runner we've seen yet, so this week is really sink or swim on defense.

I am also worried about run defense and thought the cowboys got away from the run for no reason (against the pats too).

However  I don’t agree Ingram is the most powerful back we’ve seen yet. We played Derrick Henry and that game was close with him toting the rock 20 times but only averaging 3.9 ypc.

Also agree that they were searching for their run stuffing DT but disagree if you don’t think it’s Liuget. Him and Harrison Phillips on IR make Jordan Phillips expendable pretty much (give Liuget Jordan’s contract this year and get a sweet comp pick for Jordan). 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

After the opening drive we held Barkley to 52 yards the rest of the game. Zeke didn't exactly destroy us with his 71 yards. Right there we controlled 2 of the best rbs in the NFL. The strategy should be stop Lamar first with cover 0 and 8 in the box. Key on tackling LJ from the pistol. Ingram will have to be contained by the DL.....

Again... Zeke didn't destroy us with his 71 yards because the Cowboys only ran him 5 times after drive #2.

Don't the Bills have some abysmal record under Allen when the opposing team scores 20 points or more?

If that's the case, I think it's clear we need to somehow do what all these other teams have no been able to do...contain Lamar Jackson.

In the past (with a different defense) we managed great feats like making Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady look pedestrian in a several game stretch. Maybe this team can rise to the occasion & do that against Lamar.

The 49ers held them to 20 points last week, but aside from that, the Ravens last few games they've scored 45, 41, 49, 37, and 30... That's insane, especially considering their opponents have averaged 12 points in those games ? 

Here's hoping the defensive game plan is strong, and that we really rise to challenge like we did against the Pats (only this time the offense will rise to the challenge too).

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

Don't the Bills have some abysmal record under Allen when the opposing team scores 20 points or more?

If that's the case, I think it's clear we need to somehow do what all these other teams have no been able to do...contain Lamar Jackson.

In the past (with a different defense) we managed great feats like making Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady look pedestrian in a several game stretch. Maybe this team can rise to the occasion & do that against Lamar.

The 49ers held them to 20 points last week, but aside from that, the Ravens last few games they've scored 45, 41, 49, 37, and 30... That's insane, especially considering their opponents have averaged 12 points in those games ? 

Here's hoping the defensive game plan is strong, and that we really rise to challenge like we did against the Pats (only this time the offense will rise to the challenge too).

Like I have said, the Ravens deserve respect for what they have done, but not the fear of playing them.

It should be interesting as the Ravens will come into Orchard Park and smack the Bills in the mouth.

Do the Bills hit them right back or do they cave to the Ravens insane running ability?

Should be fascinating.

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

9-3 overall this season, one of the losses was Philly who scored 31. The other two were under 20.  Of the nine wins two also had the opposition scoring 20 or more.

Pete Prisco of all people is picking us as the upset special this week...predicts that both QBs will play well and the Bills win 21-20.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/pete-priscos-nfl-week-14-picks-bears-upset-cowboys-bills-end-ravens-winning-streak/

Have to say that if we hold the Ravens to just 20 points, we have a great chance to win this game and solidify that playoff spot! 

• Like (+1) 1