Week 14 - Ravens (-6.5) at Bills Over/Under 44

54 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Interesting... this is EXACTLY what people have said NOT to do against Jackson in this game because he'll get a big gain on the ground evading pressure.

Wonder if this is a game Allen dominates on the ground.

He’s actually slipped out between the guard and tackle a few times and connected on passes instead of running. The Beasley TD against Dallas is a good example of this. When DEs try to run the arc against Ford, Allen steps up and to his right. 

On 12/6/2019 at 4:21 AM, SlimShady'sGhost said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001084167/article/qb-index-week-14-lamar-jackson-still-no-1-josh-allen-surging

QB Index, Week 14: Lamar Jackson still No. 1; Josh Allen surging

Ryan Tannehill#9 ????  LMAO literally 

#13 Josh Allen 

2019 stats: 12 games | 61.5 pct | 2,591 pass yds | 7.1 ypa | 16 pass TD | 8 INT | 430 rush yds | 8 rush TD | 3 fumbles los

Bhanpuri: Allen has jumped up 14 spots on this list since Week 2 thanks in part to several superb performances like the one he produced on Thanksgiving Day. We've received a lot of heat lately from Bills Mafia for our, perhaps, overly cautious wait-and-see approach to elevating the second-year pro higher in our rankings. To that, I point to the first five weeks of the season, when Allen's play morphed from one week to the next as it often did in Year 1.

Week 1 (passer rating): 71.2
Week 2: 101.1
Week 3: 81.1
Week 4: 24.0
Week 5: 98.3

So forgive us for wanting a bit more consistency from the signal-caller. Well, we asked for it and Josh Allen gave it to us. After last Thursday's signature win at Dallas, continuing a magnetic seven-week run since Buffalo's Week 6 bye, the rocket-armed passer has certainly offered up enough evidence to warrant a massive jump up the rankings. Although his accuracy still has room for improvement, his decision-making has been markedly better, as evidenced by his 16 total touchdowns (11 passing, 5 rushing) against just two giveaways in his last seven games. What better way to vault into the top 10 than to outduel the guy sitting at No. 1? Sunday should be fun.

That comment leads me to wonder if they have been watching Josh Allen play at all this year, besides the Cowboys game.

Edited by Mark Vader

13 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Watson is elusive, but I think Allen is more so. Hard to say for sure either way. I hope we're running enough that you guys wont be able to key off on the blitz.

I have said several times that this feels like a good matchup (maybe that's me being too prideful of our chances) - but who do you think would be the best matchup for you guys across the whole NFL? The 49ers obviously were a good one, but they didn't really have an answer for Lamar (also kinda a bad sample with that weather) 

Yeah Watson is not in Allen's zip code re: mobility 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Say When... said:

curious, what's your definition of ABSOLUTELY gashed?  only once the Bills have given up more than 150 yards, and i don't consider 150 ABSOLUTELY gashed.

subsequently the Ravens have given up 193, 157, 174 subsequently with another game of 140.

not arguing that we may be susceptible to the run but i'm not sure we've been running over the entire year let alone gashed with the exception of that Eagles game and one of those runs went for 65.

now if your expectation is to hold a team under 100 every game then i guess 150 is well exceeding that but when you stop the pass like we do something suffers so i assume we're going to have an average of 100ish per game in a season.

edit - additionally the way we play our games, as our lead increases we go more conservative it keeps games closer and teams are still running against us, the cowboys game may be an exception but if you look at the game loges they were still trying to run well into the 3rd Q.

I guess I was speaking more of the Bills being susceptible to being gashed on individual runs. I wasn't necessarily talking about the entire course of a game. Sometimes, the Bills defense is prone to parting like the red sea and allowing HUGE allies up the middle.

This happened in the Eagles and Browns games, and it happened most recently against the Cowboys. Luckily, the Cowboys went away from the run in the second half for some reason. Ezekiel Elliott had collected 70 rushing yards in the first half alone. 

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

I guess I was speaking more of the Bills being susceptible to being gashed on individual runs. I wasn't necessarily talking about the entire course of a game. Sometimes, the Bills defense is prone to parting like the red sea and allowing HUGE allies up the middle.

This happened in the Eagles and Browns games, and it happened most recently against the Cowboys. Luckily, the Cowboys went away from the run in the second half for some reason. Ezekiel Elliott had collected 70 rushing yards in the first half alone. 

Exactly, and I believe coach Harbaugh and co is a much better coach  that WILL NOT abandon the run in any case. So hopefully the Bills D can buckle down on it.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Yeah Watson is not in Allen's zip code re: mobility 

Same zip code?  yes he is. 

Is Allen more dangerous at this point?   Yes.

Allen actually has 35 1st downs rushing, and 8 TDs.  41 1st and 8 TDs last year. (Watson has 19 1sts and 5 TD)  So even though he's running less and sliding more, he is still making big contributions with his legs, and they're very focused on moving the chains and scoring.

• Like (+1) 1

Jackson is the flavor of the month. The eye test of him throwing the ball says it all about what his career will be. Harbaugh and Roman are the superstars here. One of NFL history's greatest examples of maximizing a weak QB's strengths to the limit. Reading the hype the last few weeks makes me feel like I'm in bizarro world. 

What worries me is the Raven organization's extraordinary will to win and unreal execution & blocking. That's the true story here. Will the Bills bend to the Ravens expectation of victory? The game tomorrow will be physical and even more so, mental. Are the Bills mentally prepared to take the next step? Is Josh mentally ready to become a national superstar? Is the media ready to put their original narratives in the trash? 

Are the fans ready for the thrashing we're going to give Jackson tomorrow?

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

That comment leads me to wonder if they have been watching Josh Allen play at all this year, besides the Cowboys game.

I’m sure they have watched a lot of film.  

I'm sure that the “inaccurate” story on Josh is somewhat false.  

56 minutes ago, Chaos said:

We've hit the big time

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001084685/article/lamar-jackson-josh-allen-rush-into-historic-meeting

PS, how does one post an image? 

Click insert other media 

7 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I’m sure they have watched a lot of film.  

I'm sure that the “inaccurate” story on Josh is somewhat false.  

Click insert other media 

It is false. Look no further than his completion percentage this season.

Watch the last few games he has played. The "inaccuracy" story is getting old.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

do not see that option

Look at the bottom of the “box” you post in. 

there are two methods 

click to choose files and Insert other media “drop down “ 

if you don’t see those well. There’s not much more I can say. 

Imbedded videos can be a bit more tricky 

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Look at the bottom of the “box” you post in. 

there are two methods 

click to choose files and Insert other media “drop down “ 

if you don’t see those well. There’s not much more I can say. 

Imbedded videos can be a bit more tricky 

Thanks for trying.  I only see "insert image from URL"

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

We've hit the big time

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001084685/article/lamar-jackson-josh-allen-rush-into-historic-meeting

PS, how does one post an image? 

Left circle if you are posting an image from your computer.  Right side drop down if you want to post an image from a URL.

scre.jpg

Edited by Scott7975

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

now circle the pull down on the right side :thumbsup:

Oh yeah probably but usually when I post pictures its right from my computer so I use my circled area lol.

Updated

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

What worries me is the Raven organization's extraordinary will to win and unreal execution & blocking. That's the true story here. Will the Bills bend to the Ravens expectation of victory? The game tomorrow will be physical and even more so, mental. Are the Bills mentally prepared to take the next step?

This is really it.  We know the Ravens are a tough, physical team.  Some of our players know - guys like Zo, Feliciano etc have talked about it

Are we going to come out firing on all cylinders and ready to go tough-to-tough with them?  Or are we gonna come out a bit flat and let them push us around?

In other games, when we've come out a bit flat and then stiffened or when we've had early miscues, we've been able to "stay in it"

I don't think the Ravens are gonna let us stick around.  You want to beat them, you better come out firing and keep firing all game.

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

now circle the pull down on the right side :thumbsup:

Damn, Flutie is listed as 5'10", but it sure looks as though Josh has more than 7" on him.