Week 14 - Ravens (-6.5) at Bills Over/Under 44

4 minutes ago, RavensFan said:

Thanks, I'll definitely stop by after the game. This is a great forum, with intelligent discussion about football; none of the nonsense of Browns or Steelers boards.

BTW, Flacco's 5-pick game was in 2013, right after winning the Super Bowl and signing the massive contract. Talk about your bad omens.

We have our share of idiots, but by and large its a good place for people. We're relatively receptive to outsiders as long as they're not dumb, and as long as they can handle our attempts to evangelize them to the mafia. Lol.

Yeah- I just looked it up. We won by 3 points.... 5 interceptions and we won by 3 points. Billsy.

19 minutes ago, RavensFan said:

Please sell tickets.

Standing room only, I'm afraid. 

Edited by whatdrought

38 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Good takes, all. I appreciate your sincerity. I have no idea how we'll figure you guys out on offense. I have this feeling (and I'm not predicting here cause I am way too much of a homer to trust myself- lol) that McDermott will figure this out and will establish himself as one of the top defensive minds in the game (he doesn't get enough credit, IMO) - but that may be wishful thinking on my part. One reason I think we have a chance is that our defense never makes wholesale schematic shifts and changes. We're very consistent with what we do. We line up, 11 guys do their job, and we make minutia changes as needed to fit the game. We're not heavy schemers like Rex Ryan *shudders at memory* or guys like that. That I think gives us a chance in that I think the key to stopping you is fundamentally smart football with minor changes here and there.

I'm honestly more worried about our Offense vs. your defense. Not because I'm overly scared of your defense (though it's been much improved and playing very well) - But because this is the week that Allen can either confirm that he's the guy and is taking all the right steps, or it'll be a bit of a let down for us. I think it'll be good, but I also have Bills PTSD that has me worried. 

The experts definitely screwed the pooch on that draft class, but they usually do. Our teams are benefitting from it for sure.  I don't remember that game- what year was that? 

I'm excited and nervous for Sunday. If we win, it'll be great, and if we lose, it'll help you keep the road to the SB out of NE. That's a silver lining for me. 

I hope you're back after the game to discuss stuff- I will warn you, this place is a bit of a ***** hole during games, (think Mos Eisley cantina) and people can be real ***** on game day- win or lose. Don't take it personal. :P

I think it probably did, but to travel accross the country and whup a team like that is always impressive, even if the Rams are overrated garbage. 

I think it was for a lot of reasons, but we've got 3 more on our schedule that may become bigger signatures if we get the W. 

I do agree that the cross county trip is impressive. But I don’t consider the LA coliseum a real road atmosphere like they will get in OP. That place looked like the rams went out and kidnapped tourists at LAX who they told they were taking on a tour of Hollywood and instead dropped them off at the game. Seattle road atmosphere is for real though, I consider that their best road win 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I do agree that the cross county trip is impressive. But I don’t consider the LA coliseum a real road atmosphere like they will get in OP. That place looked like the rams went out and kidnapped tourists at LAX who they told they were taking on a tour of Hollywood and instead dropped them off at the game. Seattle road atmosphere is for real though, I consider that their best road win 

I hadn’t factored in the noise (and weather). You’re all convincing me.

The Rams was as close to perfection as I’ve ever seen, but there was no drama.

8 hours ago, BuffaloSol said:

I hate all those games this year we gave up 200 yds rushing to a player!

We may not have conceded a 200 yard rusher this season, but the Eagles and Browns largely had their way with our Run D and Howard and Chubb are similar RBs to Ingram.  If we give up even 100 yards on the ground to Ingram, what do you think Jackson will add to that?  50 yards?  I'd say that might be conservative.  Plus they have Gus Edwards who's a fantastic complement to Ingram.

Forgive me if I'm pretty damn worried about our run D.  I think it's justified.

17 minutes ago, OZBILLS said:

Was this QB's only or all positons?

Pretty good either way

When Harbaugh says “as a quarterback” “That is pretty remarkable”. I would have to imagine he is implying for all NFL players 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

The more I think about this game the more excited I get. Two of the top teams in the AFC who have been playing their best football over the past 3 weeks. Two young QBs proving their doubters wrong. What happens when an unstoppable force (Baltimore) meets an immovable object (Buffalo)?

Just bought my tickets. Can't wait.

Love it...

I just don't think our D is an immovable object, unfortunately  :cry:

33 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Really?  Why?

I think we can win.  But I don't expect us to.

as a betting man i'm all about odds.... long win steaks have even longer odds. especially ones that keep beating good teams....

yup. that's what i'm hanging my hat on this week. haha.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Really?  Why?

I think we can win.  But I don't expect us to.

Home field, mini bye allowed extra prep time, they are healthy, and I think it’s a game where they match up well. I also think they will be extra motivated to prove something since everyone assumes they will lose and are a home dog by a relatively large margin. Beware the home dog!

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Went to a lot of games at the Aud as a kid, Paul Grys for St Bonnies was a friend of my older brother who went to Canisius college then. My older sister went to Buff State at the time. Incredible period of college ball in Buffalo with Lanier (St Bon), Murphy (Nia), and Randy Smith(Buff St).

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We may not have conceded a 200 yard rusher this season, but the Eagles and Browns largely had their way with our Run D and Howard and Chubb are similar RBs to Ingram.  If we give up even 100 yards on the ground to Ingram, what do you think Jackson will add to that?  50 yards?  I'd say that might be conservative.  Plus they have Gus Edwards who's a fantastic complement to Ingram.

Forgive me if I'm pretty damn worried about our run D.  I think it's justified.

There is no reason to obsess over the running yards. The Ravens will get running yards. They are averaging over 200 per game.   If the Bills hold them between 150 and 200 they will be doing fine.  That will not win the game.  Controlling Jackson’s passing, especially to the middle of the field, will decide the game on defense for the Bills.