Week 14 - Ravens (-6.5) at Bills Over/Under 44

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It was a Total Access interview. It's on the NFL app but there's no share option. He actually said it with a lot of emphasis, like he's annoyed that people are making a big deal out of it.

What I think is happening is the Bills are exclusively focused on just making the playoffs. They haven't thought much about possibly taking that number one seed. It's this interview as well as Josh's comments from a couple weeks ago when he made the comment that they know the number of wins that are typically needed to make the playoffs and they're "just trying to get number 8." Fans might not like to hear that their goal is just the playoffs, but I think it is what it is.

wtf

confused.jpg

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Exactly.  We've spent so much time focused on LJ, I really feel like if Harbaugh and the Ravens are smart they'll just keep feeding Ingram.

Dude's exactly the type of RB our D sucks against and he could run for 200 yards in this game.

Gee, I admire your confidence.

• Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Deadstroke said:

Gee, I admire your confidence.

Just being realistic.  Our defense hasn't proven at all that it can stop powerful runners consistently, especially the ones between the tackles. 

There's a reason the team cut Pecko then signed the DT from Miami then signed Liuget: we're still searching for the solution to the big, powerful RB that runs between the tackles.  And to top all that off, Edmunds has been a liability as a run defender.

I would like this to be the week that we resolve that problem, but Ingram is probably the most powerful between-the-tackle runner we've seen yet, so this week is really sink or swim on defense.

39 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Looks like pegs is getting his money’s worth out of that new training facility. Week 14 and...

That's actually a bit incredible at this point in the season. 

Edited by Dan
  • Like (+1) 4

8 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Current analytics seem to be strictly based on data from past play.  So when this data is used as a tool for deciding which players to draft, it by definition FAILS TO ACCOUNT for drivers of FUTURE success, including a player's work ethic, desire, development potential/aptitude, demeanor and surrounding resources/environment.

Josh Allen's recent play appears to be revealing the limitations of current analytic methods.

Obviously, you would have to do a lot more extensive psychological testing to begin addressing these limitations.

I could be mis-remembering, but I don't recall the analytics gurus pounding the table to draft Lamar Jackson in the top 5

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Exactly.  We've spent so much time focused on LJ, I really feel like if Harbaugh and the Ravens are smart they'll just keep feeding Ingram.

Dude's exactly the type of RB our D sucks against and he could run for 200 yards in this game.

I thought the same thing about Zeke going into the Dallas game and it turned out alright.

1 minute ago, mannc said:

I thought the same thing about Zeke going into the Dallas game and it turned out alright.

Because the Cowboys abandoned their run game and threw Pollard in there rather than Zeke.

It was bizarre.

In the first 2 drives the Cowboys had he ran the ball 7 times for 54 yards.  They only handed it off to him 5 more times the remainder of the game!

Super glad they did that, but it's not as though they stopped running him because we were stopping him.  They were just idiots and went away from him for some weird reason.

I think the Ravens coaching staff is smarter than the Cowboys coaching staff.

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Because the Cowboys abandoned their run game and threw Pollard in there rather than Zeke.

It was bizarre.

In the first 2 drives the Cowboys had he ran the ball 7 times for 54 yards.  They only handed it off to him 5 more times the remainder of the game!

Super glad they did that, but it's not as though they stopped running him because we were stopping him.  They were just idiots and went away from him for some weird reason.

I think the Ravens coaching staff is smarter than the Cowboys coaching staff.

yeah, I still have nightmares about the way Ingram shredded the Bills defense when the Saints came to town a few years ago.

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

There is a thread that shows them.  
should still be on the first page 

Since the title of the thread has the spread in it, maybe you should update it to where the current spread is currently going for.