Week 14 - Ravens (-6.5) at Bills Over/Under 44

Tough tough assignment.  If there is a chance, we need to bang Ingram at the line of scrimmage or behind it with o-line play.  Oliver and Phillips will have their hands full.  Must take good angles to Jackson when he runs outside the tackles.  Must run the ball and slow the game down.  It's possible- anything is,  but the Ravens are monsters right now.  

i think we run base D, but do a lot of blitzing and delay blitzing.  we obviously have to stop the big play, but just forcing a negative play and/or penalty early on a drive will result in some punts.  our d, at least in principal, is set up to force long drives, which is what the ravens do well.  we just need to make some plays behind the line to force 3rd and long and then we will get some wins.

on O, we have to keep doing what we have been doing.  use the raven's aggressiveness against them and get to the edge or hit the quick passes for yac.  i do think we will be able to go over the top once they start biting on the underneath stuff too.

super hard match up, but on paper at least we have our plan cut out for us.  we just need not to get blown off the ball.

A tough challenge for sure.  If the Bills don't beat the Ravens, they are likely to win out and clinch homefield.

On the other hand, the Patriots have their biggest challenge this week other than our game in the Chiefs.  Here's to hoping the Chiefs win!

If the Bills win out - they'd have a shot at home field - when is the last time that was possible this late in the season?  Crazy.

Ravens - tough, but I'm not giving up on our guys.  AND - it's at home.  That's a plus for sure.

Patriots - tough, but they not only look beatable - they've been beaten.  Pulling for the Chiefs to knock them down 1 more peg.

Steelers - on the road, but this season is not the same as years past.  Definitely winnable

Jets - Hate this game.  It has trap written all over it...  It also has the potential to be important.

The Bills are peaking at the right time - and now they can showcase what they are capable of.

Go Bills!

Edited by MTBill
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dubs said:

This could be totally stupid because I’m not an NFL defensive coordinator, but, here goes...

Id clog the line and keep everyone in their lanes. I’m talking 4 or 5 linemen in the gaps, 2 or 3 LBs playing off the line and crashing, a safety in the middle and two DBs. The second it’s apparent it’s not a run, drop the LBs, a lineman, and clog up the middle passing lanes. Make Jackson stay and throw to the sidelines or in really tight windows. 

how quickly can the linemen and LBs drop.....the WRs will be past them before they can drop in to the passing lanes

16 minutes ago, nucci said:

how quickly can the linemen and LBs drop.....the WRs will be past them before they can drop in to the passing lanes

possibly. I think you can still clog up lanes and create congestion and confusion. 

but again, this is just an amateur take on it. Not dying on this hill or anything. 

Not sure why I feel this way because I know this game is HUGE, but I’m not nervous about this game at all. For some reason, I feel like McD will figure something out to slow them down. Maybe we win, maybe we don’t, but I’m just excited to see how we stack up against the current #1 seed in the AFC. Sure, it’ll be tough, but this is exactly where we’ve been dying to get back to. Where we matter. Breathe it all in. We’re in a great position with everything we desire in front of us.

(Of course, this is how I feel Monday. On Sunday I’ll probably be a nervous wreck ?). 

• Like (+1) 3