Week 14 - Ravens (-6.5) at Bills Over/Under 44

50 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I appreciate your help, but I heard the entire interview as well. Which is why I asked for the additional context to be added to the post. Without it, it comes across as a knock on Allen when his full comment shows the kind of level headed maturity you’d want out of our QB. 

oh I gotchu I gotchu....

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, that was hysterical.  "Nobody talks about Josh Allen being a runner.  Why is that America?" with the little funny face.

That was classic.

I think everyone talks about Allen as a runner, but it usually has a negative slant, like "Josh Allen isn't a good passer, but he can hurt you with his legs..."

When talking about Jackson and his running ability, it is all positive.

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Both picked the Bills to win...

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Try as they might, it is almost impossible to simulate Lamar Jackson's game day speed.

It's all about containing the edges and gap-controlled blitzing.

Watching a lot of what the Ravens have done, I see teams that are blitzing Jackson with reckless abandon and not taking care of their gaps.

The Bills have done that on occasion too this year.

With Jackson's speed, if you don't contain your gaps well, he will kill you.

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So they're talking about the Bills and Ravens game on NFL Live.

For the Ravens, they have Lamar Jackson the Ravens banner....of course.

For the Bills, they have Trent Murphy on the Bills banner....WTF???????????????

They keep themselves impressively uninformed on the bills. like they go out of their way to make sure they learn nothing about them.... 

heck, I subscribe to the athletic, and in a podcast talking about afc playoff teams today DeAngelo Williams ripped Allen for not being able to quit giving the other team the football. the same josh allen that has only 8 int in 12 starts, has only 3 total turnovers in his last 8 games and averages less than 1 turnover a game on the season. 24 total td to 11 total turnovers and whats the former players takeaway? That dang josh allen is turnover machine...… impressively uninformed

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

They keep themselves impressively uninformed on the bills. like they go out of their way to make sure they learn nothing about them.... 

heck, I subscribe to the athletic, and in a podcast talking about afc playoff teams today DeAngelo Williams ripped Allen for not being able to quit giving the other team the football. the same josh allen that has only 8 int in 12 starts, has only 3 total turnovers in his last 8 games and averages less than 1 turnover a game on the season. 24 total td to 11 total turnovers and whats the former players takeaway? That dang josh allen is turnover machine...… impressively uninformed

The host Wendi Nix said "we have to talk about the Buffalo Bills, especially if they win this game".  Dan Orlovsky said "we talked about them a little bit last week".

We are still Jan Brady!

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The host Wendi Nix said "we have to talk about the Buffalo Bills, especially if they win this game".  Dan Orlovsky said "we talked about them a little bit last week".

We are still Jan Brady!

its funny to me I keep hearing "if the bills win this game"... I heard the same thing last week. it was all empty. they came in and beat the breaks off the cowboys and it immediately was "whats wrong with the cowboys?".

how exactly is it, that the only way we are noteworthy or "for real" is if we beat the best friggin team in the league?.... its like a totally different set of rules apply when grading the bills. 

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

its funny to me I keep hearing "if the bills win this game"... I heard the same thing last week. it was all empty. they came in and beat the breaks off the cowboys and it immediately was "whats wrong with the cowboys?".

how exactly is it, that the only way we are noteworthy or "for real" is if we beat the best friggin team in the league?.... its like a totally different set of rules apply when grading the bills. 

Victor Cruz picked the Bills to lose to the Steelers next week.  They were doing a playoff prediction segment and they did the Steelers remaining opponents.

Cruz has us losing to the Steelers which would give them like a 90% chance of getting in.  Jack Del Rio put his thoughts in and had the Bills win against the Steelers...which would put them at 56%.  

5 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

My biggest concern for the Bills are two things:

1. Mark Ingram: LJ will get his (I feel he is virtually unstoppable running the ball), but we need to slow down Ingram at all costs

2. Ravens Three headed monster at TE: How is Buffalo against TE's defensively this year? This will be huge. Ravens WR corps do sent scare me one bit

Exactly.  We've spent so much time focused on LJ, I really feel like if Harbaugh and the Ravens are smart they'll just keep feeding Ingram.

Dude's exactly the type of RB our D sucks against and he could run for 200 yards in this game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Magox said:

Yes, but Philadelphia did a good job isolating their TE's against us with play action...It was basically a strong ground game, iso's for their TE's and a few passes to the outside that did us in.

True, but our D line was also getting housed. We’ll see how it goes. My big concern is Edmunds leaving coverage early to engage Jackson. 

2 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Yup as much as the die hards on this board don't want to admit it, majority of people would rather stay home when it's cold. 

My wife said after the Dallas game and seeing their stadium "I wish Buffalo had a dome I would go to more games" 

I love the freezing games, and I usually go when I come up from VA for the holidays. What I dislike are the 40* and raining games. Granted, I have a ton of metal attached to my bones so 32-45* and humid is brutal. All that said, I’d actually prefer something like quest with a partial cover to keep the wind and rain down. Either way though I’ll still go to my holiday games since it’s tradition. ?‍♂️

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It was a Total Access interview. It's on the NFL app but there's no share option. He actually said it with a lot of emphasis, like he's annoyed that people are making a big deal out of it.

What I think is happening is the Bills are exclusively focused on just making the playoffs. They haven't thought much about possibly taking that number one seed. It's this interview as well as Josh's comments from a couple weeks ago when he made the comment that they know the number of wins that are typically needed to make the playoffs and they're "just trying to get number 8." Fans might not like to hear that their goal is just the playoffs, but I think it is what it is.

cat facepalm GIF