Week 14 - Ravens (-6.5) at Bills Over/Under 44

Stadium not even close to being sold out. I've been saying it all year and even the last few. People aren't going to cold games. Just build a dome. We care about online polls and surveys regarding the best fans how's about we actually fill the damn stadium. If I see a lot of black and purple like I saw a ton of black and green against the Eagles, I'm going to be irritated. 

Edited by Elite Poster
  • Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Stadium not even close to being sold out. I've been saying it all year and even the last few. People aren't going to cold games. Just build a dome. We care about online polls and surveys regarding the best fans how's about we actually fill the damn stadium. If I see a lot of black and purple like I saw a ton of black and green against the Eagles, I'm going to be irritated. 

How irritated?

9 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Yup as much as the die hards on this board don't want to admit it, majority of people would rather stay home when it's cold. 

My wife said after the Dallas game and seeing their stadium "I wish Buffalo had a dome I would go to more games" 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

that sounds a bit millennialish 

I know it's been AGES since the Bills hosted a playoff game BUT the Bills Faithful do show up.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I know it's been AGES since the Bills hosted a playoff game BUT the Bills Faithful do show up.  

TV coverage has changed a lot since the 90s. Plus not blacked out anymore 

Edited by Mrbojanglezs

28 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

2) Run misdirection and play action on offense. The Ravens were without Jimmy Smith in this game, which is a HUGE piece of that defense, but their defense looks guilty of over-pursuing and being too aggressive. Running misdirection plays with Motor to get him on the edge will be a big key to establishing the offense this game.      

They absolutely did over-pursue and bite on the play action. That's why two of the LBs are no longer with the team, and another LB was demoted and the green dot was shifted to S Tony Jefferson (who's now on IR). They also didn't have Brandon Williams in that game; he's a huge part of the run D. They still occasionally over-pursue, but the current defense is worlds better than the trash they rolled out in Week 4.

Edited by RavensFan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I went to 3 games this year. The opener, eagles, and broncos. Each game there was noticeably less attendance and we ARE WINNING. The eagles game was pathetic. It was a huge game and there were probably 20-30% eagles fans in the stadium. 

Also, are you basing your comment on actually going to the games or just how you feel? A ton of us here don't actually go to the games and see how unusually high attendance is for opposing fans especially for THIS YEAR. We are GOOD, it shouldn't be like this.

Edited by Elite Poster

12 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Context?

Josh said it wasnt a big game, its just another game on the schedule, during an interview yesterday on same national show. 

The context is that this is just what McDermott preaches, dont get too high, dont get too low. Take each game as one of 16, in a vacuum if you will. Trust me though, these guys know that this is a huge game, but they are TRYING to just treat it as another game. The McDermott Process. 

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

TV coverage has changed a lot since the 90s. Plus not blacked out anymore 

4 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

I went to 3 games this year. The opener, eagles, and broncos. Each game there was noticeably less attendance and we ARE WINNING. The eagles game was pathetic. It was a huge game and there were probably 20-30% eagles fans in the stadium. 

IMO  Die Hard Fans will show up.  

That includes Bills Fans and the opponents fans.  Look around the league  Every Game that always show fans from the opposing team.

That "poor lady" Puitz fan sitting their depressed in Houston was almost sad 

I went to games and noticed that a lot of fans were from Canada and they just came just to see a game and weren't even Bills fans or the opponents fans 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

Just now, PaattMaann said:

Josh said it wasnt a big game, its just another game on the schedule, during an interview yesterday on same national show. 

The context is that this is just what McDermott preaches, dont get too high, dont get too low. Take each game as one of 16, in a vacuum if you will. Trust me though, these guys know that this is a huge game, but they are TRYING to just treat it as another game. The McDermott Process. 

I appreciate your help, but I heard the entire interview as well. Which is why I asked for the additional context to be added to the post. Without it, it comes across as a knock on Allen when his full comment shows the kind of level headed maturity you’d want out of our QB. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

IMO  Die Hard Fans will show up.  

That includes Bills Fans and the opponents fans.  Look around the league  Every Game that always show fans from the opposing team.

That "poor lady" Puitz fan sitting their depressed in Houston was almost sad 

I went to games and noticed that a lot of fans were from Canada and they just came just to see a game and weren't even Bills fans or the opponents fans 

Sure but I don't know if that will fill up 70k seats 

9 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Also, are you basing your comment on actually going to the games or just how you feel? A ton of us here don't actually go to the games and see how unusually high attendance is for opposing fans especially for THIS YEAR. We are GOOD, it shouldn't be like this.

I got elite news for you, every game has noticeable factions of opposing fans. We’re not the ones who travel with their team.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Context?

It was a Total Access interview. It's on the NFL app but there's no share option. He actually said it with a lot of emphasis, like he's annoyed that people are making a big deal out of it.

What I think is happening is the Bills are exclusively focused on just making the playoffs. They haven't thought much about possibly taking that number one seed. It's this interview as well as Josh's comments from a couple weeks ago when he made the comment that they know the number of wins that are typically needed to make the playoffs and they're "just trying to get number 8." Fans might not like to hear that their goal is just the playoffs, but I think it is what it is.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Junction said:

If I’m reading this correctly the only team better is the 49ers.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/fantasy-points-against-TE.htm

Yes, but Philadelphia did a good job isolating their TE's against us with play action...It was basically a strong ground game, iso's for their TE's and a few passes to the outside that did us in.

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It was a Total Access interview. It's on the NFL app but there's no share option. He actually said it with a lot of emphasis, like he's annoyed that people are making a big deal out of it.

What I think is happening is the Bills are exclusively focused on just making the playoffs. They haven't thought much about possibly taking that number one seed. It's this interview as well as Josh's comments from a couple weeks ago when he made the comment that they know the number of wins that are typically needed to make the playoffs and they're "just trying to get number 8." Fans might not like to hear that their goal is just the playoffs, but I think it is what it is.

I don't believe a word of what you said is true.

• Thank you (+1) 2