Week 14 - Ravens (-6.5) at Bills Over/Under 44

11 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

yup.  I’m getting tired of reading “Can the Bills beat the Cravens”

Or how Josh is a lesser version of Lamont ?  

:censored: them I say.  

May the trend continue. Baltimore has yet to win in Buffalo.  

The Ravens may have never won in Buffalo but Baltimore has if you factor in their Colts days.

19 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Hey I actually like the Ravens. They were a roadblock for the Pats in the playoffs a bunch of years and I always pulled for them. Just don't have the same respect for their fans as of yesterday 

Don't base your opinion on one d-bag (who might not even be a Ravens fan). We respect the Bills, and are glad your team is causing problems for Darth Hoodie and his minions.

I think the Ravens will win, but we're so new to this "high powered offense" thing that we're still expecting someone to at least slow it down, without the benefit of superior talent everywhere (49ers) and/or the weather. We've gone half a decade with the kicker being the team MVP every year, so this habit of scoring touchdowns is pretty foreign.

• Like (+1) 2

My biggest concern for the Bills are two things:

1. Mark Ingram: LJ will get his (I feel he is virtually unstoppable running the ball), but we need to slow down Ingram at all costs

2. Ravens Three headed monster at TE: How is Buffalo against TE's defensively this year? This will be huge. Ravens WR corps do sent scare me one bit

Edited by Like A Mofo
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Cool well come Sunday the Bills will have 10 of em, I can't help it if your QB is human broccoli

Were you the guy predicting Allen tears his ACL or did Jackson's mom take the parental controls off his computer last night?

SDS slung that guy out of town so fast neither Chandler nor I had a chance at him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

From the guy who invented DVOA, str8 firing on all cylinders circa 2018:

EK1CtTdWoAE4vmm.jpg

Current analytics seem to be strictly based on data from past play.  So when this data is used as a tool for deciding which players to draft, it by definition FAILS TO ACCOUNT for drivers of FUTURE success, including a player's work ethic, desire, development potential/aptitude, demeanor and surrounding resources/environment. 

Josh Allen's recent play appears to be revealing the limitations of current analytic methods. 

Obviously, you would have to do a lot more extensive psychological testing to begin addressing these limitations.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

My biggest concern for the Bills are two things:

1. Mark Ingram: LJ will get his (I feel he is virtually unstoppable running the ball), but we need to slow down Ingram at all costs

2. Ravens Three headed monster at TE: How is Buffalo against TE's defensively this year? This will be huge. Ravens WR corps do sent scare me one bit

If I’m reading this correctly the only team better is the 49ers.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/fantasy-points-against-TE.htm

• Like (+1) 5

17 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

I had a feeling before the Eagles game that we would lose. Today I have a feeling we blow out the Ravens. I can’t explain it. 

I had that feeling with Miami. With Dallas I had a weird little belief that something unexpected was gonna happen.. I have that today as well. Bills by 10.

14 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

From the guy who invented DVOA, str8 firing on all cylinders circa 2018:

EK1CtTdWoAE4vmm.jpg

Oh look, a wild nerd pretending to know about sports.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

After watching a lot of the game between the Ravens and Browns this is how we beat them:

1) Keep Lamar contained in the pocket, obviously. The Browns did this exceptionally well in this game from start to finish. If you go back and watch some of the game, the defensive ends would not commit to a full aggressive bull rush of Lamar every passing down. They would set the edge, stay in their gap and keep Lamar contained. This made him consistently beat the defense as a passer, which he can do and why they also put up a good amount of points that game, but you have to limit the big plays. 

2) Run misdirection and play action on offense. The Ravens were without Jimmy Smith in this game, which is a HUGE piece of that defense, but their defense looks guilty of over-pursuing and being too aggressive. Running misdirection plays with Motor to get him on the edge will be a big key to establishing the offense this game.      

3) As stated above you have to limit the big plays. With Lamar, just like JA, the big plays are inevitable and they are going to happen over the course of a game, but the defense must be consistent and disciplined all game.

4) When you have the chance to beat this team you have to go for it. The Bills have been good the past few weeks of being "fearless" and going for the kill when they have the chance. They must do the same this week and not back down even if they hold a lead. 

• Like (+1) 4