Week 14 - Ravens (-6.5) at Bills Over/Under 44

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

As long as the wind doesn’t create another Eagles game scenario. That might not play out for the Bills. I think the dry conditions will be better for the Bills defense than a rain or snow scenario. 

Bills need to stop playing scared of wind. They drafted JA because his arm strength allows him to play in the conditions in Buffalo. So let him do it

https://cbssportsradio.radio.com/articles/jack-del-rio-josh-allen-key-for-buffalo-bills-success

Del Rio On Bills: Josh Allen Is The Key

CBS Sports Radio•December 5, 2019

The Buffalo Bills might be the quietest 9-3 team in NFL history. After all, it's December, and the Bills – the Bills! – are just one game out of first place in the AFC East. They've also won three straight and four of five. Buffalo is a darn good team, no? “The key is the quarterback,” former NFL coach and current NFL analyst Jack Del Rio said on Taz & The Moose. “Josh Allen has taken a couple steps forward. Can he continue that? That's the key. To me, they're a physical team, they're a tight team, they're a tough team, they've invested in their offensive line, they're going to run the ball, they're going to play good defense – to me, that's winning football.” Allen, Devin Singletary, and Frank

46 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Still almost 2 to 1 wagers on Ravens -5.5 and simiarly the over @ 43.5, meanwhile Bills games have gone under 4 out of the last 5...dunno about you all but I am liking the way this line is shaping up throughout the week.

I love the Bills +5.5 (or better), although the more I read and hear about the Ravens the more I think this will be a very hard game for the Bills to win.  They've won eight straight, including several blowout wins over very good teams.  Their confidence has to be through the roof.  

I almost never bet the over/under.  I just think it's a complete crapshoot, with too many factors to accurately assess.

4 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

McD & Beanie can say that now, but it really makes him look very foolish. Some suggest, that even though Jackson was obviously better in College, he would have been a bad fit for the Bills at the time, given their philosophy. (McD has now opened things up for Allen- not filling him full of protectionist bullshite.

College Recaps:

Jackson threw for 9000+ yards, 69TDs, 27INTs + Rushing for 4100 yards + a Heisman Trophy!

Allen had 5000 yards Passing in College, 44TDs,  21INTd & 700 Rushing Yards.

There was no comparison! But, most insiders suspect that OBD saw Jackson as TT 2.0... something they loathed looking at! Even though Jackson CRUSHES Taylor’s College Stats.

In the end, Jackson is on route to being the league MVP and Allen is up & coming.

Jackson is crushing it because the Ravens totally rebuilt and tailored their offense for him and gave him all the pieces he needs to run it at a high level.  Would he have succeed if the offense were more like what Josh Allen is being asked to run?  I think eventually, yes, but Lamar wouldn't be leading for League MVP today. 

McDermott doesn't want to say "we didn't draft Lamar because we weren't confident he could succeed in a more conventional NFL offense and that's what we wanted to run" because that could be used to create controversy as another way of saying "Lamar is a running back, not a quarter back"

It makes him give vague answers, but he's better off looking foolish than being made to look disparaging.

The other part is, again, what McDermott might call "DNA".  Josh had to come into a place with no pieces around him and be part of turning the culture around.  A lot of guys who come into that situation, have it turn them around instead and don't succeed.  "Talent is as talent does."  Lamar came in as a Heisman winner who was a Big Man On Campus around a strong college program and was added to a team with a long-time head coach and a long-term culture of success.  He's fit in well and developed well there.  Good for him, but I can understand why Josh's background of having to scrap and fight for everything chance he's had made McDermott and Beane feel he would have the right personality for what they needed last year.  I don't think that's foolish, but I understand why McDermott avoided spelling that out, too.

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Dear Mike Preston:

Suck my Skate.

Love,

Hapless Bills Fan

Dear Coach Sal,

32.5 million people watching on Thanksgiving in JerryWorld seems big time to me.  So does facing the 10-2 Ravens at home.

The Ravens will be the much bigger challenge, but not because it fits some arbitrary definition of "big time" - because they are a far better team than the Cowboys in every phase of the game and have a unique offense that requires a unique-to-the-week game plan to slow.

I think it's phrased very poorly, but what Preston may be trying to say is that the Bills offense is not yet equipped to win a game where they have to rack up a big score.  Yes, that rests on Josh Allen, but that also rests on our RB, WR, TE, OL, and coaching.  I see the Ravens as having a clear advantage at RB and TE, and an advantage in consistency of OL and WR play and coaching (playcalling).  We need our "best" to beat their "every game".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-bets-week-14-12-233230208.html

NFL bets you need to make in Week 14: 12/4

Covers.com

Rotoworld•December 4, 2019

SHADING THE MVP

The Buffalo Bills' hype-train is chugging along after a convincing win in Dallas with the country watching in Week 13. But things will get much more difficult this week with the Baltimore Ravens traveling to New Era Field. 

This game will feature the first and fourth-best rushing quarterbacks (rush yards/game) in Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen. Jackson is nearly impossible to game plan against because no teams can mimic Jackson in practice - except the Bills. 

The Bills Defense is used to practicing against a mobile QB and if any team in the league is prepared to slow down Jackson, the Bills stand the best chance. The same can be said with Allen as he will see a defense that faces an elite QB rushing talent in practice every week. 

We think there’s a chance that the Allen and Jackson (not to be confused with the rugged country singer) rushing markets could be overvalued with all the attention they have been getting after Week 13. We are going to fade both dual-threat quarterbacks, taking the Under on Jackson’s rushing total of 75.5 yards and the Under on Allen’s on 39.5 yards.