Week 14 - Ravens (-6.5) at Bills Over/Under 44

10 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don’t know why. I’m usually a fairly aggravating pessimist but I really like our chances in this one.  

because we have a good team and they are playing well......we should feel confident

15 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Just being realistic.  Our defense hasn't proven at all that it can stop powerful runners consistently, especially the ones between the tackles. 

There's a reason the team cut Pecko then signed the DT from Miami then signed Liuget: we're still searching for the solution to the big, powerful RB that runs between the tackles.  And to top all that off, Edmunds has been a liability as a run defender.

I would like this to be the week that we resolve that problem, but Ingram is probably the most powerful between-the-tackle runner we've seen yet, so this week is really sink or swim on defense.

I hate all those games this year we gave up 200 yds rushing to a player!

20 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

McD & Beanie can say that now, but it really makes him look very foolish. Some suggest, that even though Jackson was obviously better in College, he would have been a bad fit for the Bills at the time, given their philosophy. (McD has now opened things up for Allen- not filling him full of protectionist bullshite.

College Recaps:

Jackson threw for 9000+ yards, 69TDs, 27INTs + Rushing for 4100 yards + a Heisman Trophy!

Allen had 5000 yards Passing in College, 44TDs,  21INTd & 700 Rushing Yards.

There was no comparison! But, most insiders suspect that OBD saw Jackson as TT 2.0... something they loathed looking at! Even though Jackson CRUSHES Taylor’s College Stats.

In the end, Jackson is on route to being the league MVP and Allen is up & coming.

Edited by Billsatlastin2018
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

9-3 overall this season, one of the losses was Philly who scored 31. The other two were under 20.  Of the nine wins two also had the opposition scoring 20 or more.

Well there you go.

4 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

McD & Beanie can say that now, but it really makes him look very foolish. Some suggest, that even though Jackson was obviously better in College, he would have been a bad fit for the Bills at the time, given their philosophy. (McD has now opened things up for Allen- not filling him full of protectionist bullshite.

College Recaps:

Jackson threw for 9000+ yards, 69TDs, 27INTs + Rushing for 4100 yards + a Heisman Trophy!

Allen had 5000 yards Passing in College, 44TDs,  21INTd & 700 Rushing Yards.

There was no comparison! But, most insiders suspect that OBD saw Jackson as TT 2.0... something they loathed looking at! Even though Jackson CRUSHES Taylor’s College Stats.

In the end, Jackson is on route to being the league MVP and Allen is up & coming.

Considering every team, including the Ravens, passed on him in the first round... what's your point? That NFL front offices can't read stats?

The knock on Jackson was he wasn't a complete QB. That and the fact his mom was his agent.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thank you (+1) 3

19 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Exactly.  We've spent so much time focused on LJ, I really feel like if Harbaugh and the Ravens are smart they'll just keep feeding Ingram.

Dude's exactly the type of RB our D sucks against and he could run for 200 yards in this game.

they can get all the yards they want if the bills keep them out of the end zone. 

I think I seen a stat that Baltimore has not allowed a red zone TD over the last 3 games ouch if true. 

1 hour ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Pete Prisco of all people is picking us as the upset special this week...predicts that both QBs will play well and the Bills win 21-20.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/pete-priscos-nfl-week-14-picks-bears-upset-cowboys-bills-end-ravens-winning-streak/

Have to say that if we hold the Ravens to just 20 points, we have a great chance to win this game and solidify that playoff spot! 

Man  Pete sure has turned the corner on the Bills this season  :thumbsup:

Buffalo Bills  ‏Verified account @BuffaloBills  9 minutes ago

Five touchdowns in the last seven games. @GMFB recommends that you start @Bease11 for your fantasy football playoffs. #GoBills

• Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Man  Pete sure has turned the corner on the Bills this season  :thumbsup:

Buffalo Bills  ‏Verified account @BuffaloBills  9 minutes ago

Five touchdowns in the last seven games. @GMFB recommends that you start @Bease11 for your fantasy football playoffs. #GoBills

I have had Beasley on my bench all season. Refuse to start him because afraid to jinx him. I’m an idiot. 

• Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have had Beasley on my bench all season. Refuse to start him because afraid to jinx him. I’m an idiot. 

I relate to this so much.

I did the same with Singletary. Nabbed him with my last pick in the draft and he's never started a single day for me haha.

34 minutes ago, Plano said:

I relate to this so much.

I did the same with Singletary. Nabbed him with my last pick in the draft and he's never started a single day for me haha.

On the flip side I will sometimes start QBs who we are playing to enact the reverse jinx. It works! 

2 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

McD & Beanie can say that now, but it really makes him look very foolish.

To paraphrase...

We drafted the guy we wanted that best fit the organization we were building’ 

looks foolish? 

See that, I’d think drafting Lamar without having Greg Roman on your Staff might have looked foolish... Lamar is the prototype QB for that offense. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Thank you (+1) 1