Week 14 - Ravens (-6.5) at Bills Over/Under 44

Forgot about Oliver’s draft profile until last week but he definitely plays up to spotlight. In college some of his best games were in the biggest spotlight. In particular I remembered one of the games was the last time he played Lamar Jackson in his heisman year. Country Ed had 2 sacks and three TFL. Hoping he manages to take his games to another level this week. 

7 hours ago, Steptide said:

As much as I hope I'm wrong, I just can't see how we beat the Ravens. 

My hope is that home field gives the bills some advantage and maybe Lamar has an off game. Obviously he's gonna run, and if I'm on the bills defense I'm going after that ball like my life depends on it when he decides to run 

I think our best chance is simply the ravens have a off day and are due for a loss . 

I'm still not convinced by our run defense. we were being gashed by Zeke early in the game and had the cowboys been smart and used him more he would have been a problem. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, stony said:

Yeah. Vegas has lost a lot of money on the Ravens. They set the line really high imo. 

There was another stats that was similar to a line (I don’t know very much about sports books) that would indicate that Vegas believes the score between the 2 teams will be close.  Let’s hope it works out in the Bills favor

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

There was another stats that was similar to a line (I don’t know very much about sports books) that would indicate that Vegas believes the score between the 2 teams will be close.  Let’s hope it works out in the Bills favor

Sounds about right. When it opened at -6.5, I thought it was an open invitation for Bills money to come in and balance the books. 

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

John Harbaugh presser today. 

Really different vibe from McDermott's. 

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/video/john-harbaugh-that-was-an-all-around-winning-performance

Opening for questions: "Whaddayouhave?"

Cut off a reporter starting to say something about "elusive for the franchise": "I don't speak in those terms, that word you use.  I don't use that word.  It's a weird word to me.  I answered the question.  It's been answered."  Shifts his eyes to someone else, next question.   I didn't hear the question but it evoked a long spiel about "that's all noise, that's a distraction" and "I don't think about that.  I don't have time to think about that.  It's a great point for you to write about."  Then when he's talking about his team and how it played-just relaxed, his voice goes down in pitch, his gestures smooth out.  Asked about shots Lamar took "I don't care, I'm not gettin' into it, our job is to protect our QB, officials job is to officiate the game" 

Asked to talk about Hayden Hurst: "List the contributions he made (that's not quite what he was asked).  I have a list, I don't have it on me" (pantomining looking for a list).  I think he had a great game, he got a game ball" (then again, he's really relaxed, eloquent, gave long answers about the tight end room).

Asked about bringing someone up..."I'm going to give you the wait and see.  I know what we're going to do, but I'm going to say wait and see, if that's all right with you"

Listen and decide for yourself, but I would say 1) overall he has his press corps whipped into line and McDermott should listen and take some notes 2) I have a "this guy has really got it going on, he's Master of All He Surveys" feeling about Harbaugh.   This is a guy who feels he's "got it going on" and has a lot of confidence in his coordinators, his coaches, and his players.

He mentioned key plays on special teams and a guy that almost blocked a punt.  ST may be the key to the game, and I have to say I don't give us the advantage.

He has done it before and he knows that the real season starts after Thanksgiving.  This is the time that good teams buckle down, eliminate the noise, and focus on what’s directly in front of them.  Last time the Ravens won the Super Bowl they started the season mediocre and got hot in late November and never lost another game.  This season feels similar for them.  Hopefully McD, who isn’t used to success as a HC, already has taken notes from Reid and Rivera about ratcheting up the intensity starting NOW.

This has to be the biggest game in Buffalo this late in the season in years/decades. I really want a win here. Everyone thought the Dallas win was huge. That will be nothing compared to what a win this week would be. If the Pats lose then the division is really up for grabs. I can't wait to see the atmosphere in OP this Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1