Week 14 - Ravens (-6.5) at Bills Over/Under 44

58 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

49ers played them tough.   Gonna be a few ideas from that game film im ho.  I think taking the Bills at home with 6 1/2 points is a great bet, but not driving 105 miles to Del Lago to put a bet down........

The weather played them tougher I think...

1 hour ago, Jerry Jabber said:

After getting blown out 47-3 in the season opener last year, I hope the Bills are looking for some retribution on Sunday.

Gosh I forgot all about that angle to the game. So much has changed for both teams offenses. Was Roman the OC for that game? I know Flacco was the QB. The offensive philosophy was more traditional. 
how much carryover is there really?

11 minutes ago, dubs said:

This could be totally stupid because I’m not an NFL defensive coordinator, but, here goes...

Id clog the line and keep everyone in their lanes. I’m talking 4 or 5 linemen in the gaps, 2 or 3 LBs playing off the line and crashing, a safety in the middle and two DBs. The second it’s apparent it’s not a run, drop the LBs, a lineman, and clog up the middle passing lanes. Make Jackson stay and throw to the sidelines or in really tight windows. 

I think you are on to something.

Milano and Edmunds need to have big games. I think Alexander’s snaps are limited.  When Alexander does play, I’d like to see him more in a standing DE position.  Alexander is a liability in open space trying to cover or run down Lamar. 
We need Oliver’s speed to show up for this one. 
I feel more comfortable with our interior lines speed than I do with our ends. 
TE’s are Lamars go to. 
This is the game I hope we can make Lamar be a pocket QB. We heard a few teams say about Tyrod ‘ we wanted to make him play QB’. That’s how I feel the approach should be this week to start. If Lamar can do this, good for him.

Just now, thebandit27 said:

I fear that the TEs would destroy you 

i'm not gonna pretend to know how to stop the ravens at this point. I think yesterday is about as good as somebody could play them and they still got to 20..... but aren't our athletic coverage LB's a positive matchup vs their te's?

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

very possible.  I think id sell out to stop the rushing attack and take my chances that lamar cant make enough throws to win the game.  either way were going to need allen and the offense to put up points

11 minutes ago, ogham26 said:

id play them like this

shaq   oliver   Star  phillips  hughes

Milano             edmunds

then have hyde in the box as well

I like that. Maybe get Luiget in there too. 

Johnson.   Shaq: Luiget: Star: Philips: Oliver.   White

Hughes: Edmunds: Milano

Hyde.  

28 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Gosh I forgot all about that angle to the game. So much has changed for both teams offenses. Was Roman the OC for that game? I know Flacco was the QB. The offensive philosophy was more traditional. 
how much carryover is there really?

Most of the Bills D is still intact from that game (except for two new starters), but Allen and Dawkins would be the only ones from offense. Not sure about the Ravens. I'm sure the guys on defense, especially the coaches remember that game and hopefully will look for some measure of redemption from the horrific showing to start the 2018 season.

My concern for our defense is Mark Ingram and the Baltimore run orientated Oline.. I remember how he, as a New Orleans Saint, ran all over us a couple years ago. Baltimore has an Oline built for the power run. Without a doubt a great challenge for our "D".

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i'm not gonna pretend to know how to stop the ravens at this point. I think yesterday is about as good as somebody could play them and they still got to 20..... but aren't our athletic coverage LB's a positive matchup vs their te's?

I think they'd hold their own, but I also think that it's a complicated matter. You have to take away their ability to get easy yards on the ground first. I have confidence in the defensive staff's ability to confuse the QB post-snap, but they also need their athletes at LB to be available to chase down Lamar when things break down and he tries to create.

2 minutes ago, ogham26 said:

very possible.  I think id sell out to stop the rushing attack and take my chances that lamar cant make enough throws to win the game.  either way were going to need allen and the offense to put up points

True that my friend.

I think safety play will be super critical (as always).

12 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

They may anyway. I would focus on Andrews first and take my chances with Ingram. The 'backers and safeties will have to bring their 'A' game.

22 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

jimmy g fumbled on his own 23 so basically gifted the ravens 7 points. that cost the game it would seem. you could say the niners d really held lamar to 13 points so they did a very good job in containing him.