Where does Brady play after this season?

6 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Still with this nonsense?  There is zero chance Brady ever puts on a uniform of a team other than NE.

Did Joe Montana tell you that?   ?

I don’t think he goes anywhere.....because I think his arm is spent! The mind is better than ever, but it only covers so much. Kale smoothies only go so far. This is the real world. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Different situation

I realize there is no Steve Young behind him, but he just isn’t the Brady of old by a country mile. You think he plays in NE or goes somewhere? I may be way off, but I think his arm is dying before our eyes. Time will tell. 

Edited by Augie

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Did Joe Montana tell you that?   ?

I don’t think he goes anywhere.....because I think his arm is spent! The mind is better than ever, but it only covers so much. Kale smoothies only go so far. This is the real world. 

NE doesn't have JimmyG any more!   :lol:

Kraft will never let BB dump Brady.  Brady will quit when his ego gets bruised from losing, which means he's not quitting until he (and NE) sucks.

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

NE doesn't have JimmyG any more!   :lol:

Kraft will never let BB dump Brady.  Brady will quit when his ego gets bruised from losing, which means he's not quitting until he (and NE) sucks.

I hope he’s the reason for their downfall. It would be fun to watch them lose because of him instead of winning due to his brilliance. Give me a few years of that! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, TroutDog said:

If he goes anywhere, it would be to the 9ers. I question if he’s enjoying the game anymore (as discussed in another thread). 

?????????????????

If Brady's skills have eroded so much that NE lets him go, what makes you think there is a snowball's chance in hell that a 49ers team that is good enough to lead the NFC at this point, would want to unsettle their team to bring in Tom Brady for a season?

Why would you even suggest such a thing is a sane idea?

This idea is so bad, that I have to hold my tongue.

Edited by 32ABBA

28 minutes ago, Augie said:

I realize there is no Steve Young behind him, but he just isn’t the Brady of old by a country mile. You think he plays in NE or goes somewhere? I may be way off, but I think his arm is dying before our eyes. Time will tell.

I was more responding to the " Still with this nonsense?  There is zero chance Brady ever puts on a uniform of a team other than NE. " "Did Joe Montana tell you that?" aspect of your post.   Montana was a different situation because he could still play at a high level before he was injured and played well coming off the bench 2 years later.   They got a 1st round pick for him (yeah yeah more to it than that, but still....)

No I don't think Brady puts on a different uniform.    For one thing, the way he's currently playing, what other teams would queue up to sign him?

Even Elway must see that his strategy to marry a good defense with yesterday's SB QB worked once (with Manning) and is not sound for the long term.

I think it's possible he might play in NE.  It depends upon how the season ends for him, I guess.    Who does NE have to replace him?  My Pats fan friend says that Jarrett Stidham supposedly looks really good, but we all know "looks really good" in preseason and running the scout team is not a guarantee of what happens during game time when a stout NFL defense is bearing down on you.

By the way, am I the only one who didn't realize NE had re-signed Cody Kessler at the end of October?

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I was more responding to the " Still with this nonsense?  There is zero chance Brady ever puts on a uniform of a team other than NE. " "Did Joe Montana tell you that?" aspect of your post. 

No I don't think Brady puts on a different uniform.    For one thing, the way he's currently playing, what other teams would queue up to sign him?

Even Elway must see that his strategy to marry a good defense with yesterday's SB QB worked once (with Manning) and is not sound for the long term.

I think it's possible he might play in NE.  It depends upon how the season ends for him, I guess.    Who does NE have to replace him?  My Pats fan friend says that Jarrett Stidham supposedly looks really good, but we all know "looks really good" in preseason and running the scout team is not a guarantee of what happens during game time when a stout NFL defense is bearing down on you.

By the way, am I the only one who didn't realize NE had re-signed Cody Kessler at the end of October?

Fair enough. I tend to lean towards “never say never”, but it’s clearly unlikely (to me) that he goes to another team. We need to let it play out to better judge/guess. 

I have a Bills buddy in Boston who reports there is talk of him going to the Chargers to replace a guy almost as old as he is. It’s pretty amusing to listen to the rampant speculation, but this IS the end of an amazing (and horribly unfortunate) era. 

And no, I did not realize Kessler was back there. 

I personally see Brady retiring. 43? Seriously? He just looks faded at this point.

If he decides to play and leaves NE he could make it personal & go to Miami just so he can try to take out Belichick two times a year to prove he’s boss. The issue with that is: Brady is smarter than he acts on the field after a failed drive, he wouldn’t want to risk his legacy by hitching his wagon to Miami.

Brady’s best landing spot if he plays would be  Denver. Great climate, less gravity & a team that is historically tough to beat a mile high. I’m not one who is too big into nostalgia, and I don’t think Brady is much either. Similar to Manning’s swan song, I could see Brady coming to Denver and keeping it together for a season or two.

The question is why play? Is he playing just to play and he loves the game? Or is he playing for a title? If the answer is a title, I don’t see Denver as a landing spot. It’s possible Brady will wait for events to transpire; Big Ben or Eli move on, Frank Reich comes calling, or something random happens like Jon Gruden making Brady an offer he can’t refuse. The QB guru & the GOAT in Vegas. What could go wrong? 

19 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Brady is pretty much done and will retire a Patriot.  He doesn't seem to enjoy football anymore.

neither do a lot of players, Gronk said as much and i believe why he retired, says there is no enjoying any wins or accomplishments, its ALWAYS trying harder.

i believe the evil empire is coming to an end.