Where does Brady play after this season?

16 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Until they have his replacement on the roster he stays with New England. I can't see Kraft letting him go. 

His contract voids with a no tag clause.  Kraft can throw money at him, but ultimately doesn’t have a choice.  I think Tommy hangs em up.  A NYC team makes a lot of sense because of his wife’s career, but neither is a good fit for multiple reasons.  SF would be a great choice if Jimmy G wasn’t there, but no dice.  Chicago due to their stud defense would be a good fit for a shot at a ring, but I don’t know if he’d go there.  Maybe he retires and only comes back to save the day if someone (like Jimmy G) in the right situation gets hurt. 

I think Brady retires after this season.  He shows flashes of great play but mostly he's been inconsistent to average this year.  On the broadcasts the announcers have been gracious and say it's a sub-standard receiving group but that's been the case in a lot of their seasons and he's worked with that well.  Even his body language seems to say he's just not into the game anymore.  Much like the undefeated champ boxer who fights one more fight too many another season would be a mistake.  Nothing to prove at this point. 

I saw Rivers mentioned on the thread too.  I think he's done based on what I've seen of him this season.

47 minutes ago, Putin said:

Chargers ?

That would be a poor choice on the Chargers behalf.

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He should be playing on the couch. 

It is always sad when a player that is done plays too long. 

He is still a decent QB, but its clear time has finally caught up to him and his avocado ice cream. What is most shocking to me was how little NE did to give him weapons this year. Obviously AB didn't work out, but how could you go into the season with Jacobi Myers and Gunner Oslenski as wide receiver options? 

24 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

His contract voids with a no tag clause.  Kraft can throw money at him, but ultimately doesn’t have a choice.  I think Tommy hangs em up.  A NYC team makes a lot of sense because of his wife’s career, but neither is a good fit for multiple reasons.  SF would be a great choice if Jimmy G wasn’t there, but no dice.  Chicago due to their stud defense would be a good fit for a shot at a ring, but I don’t know if he’d go there.  Maybe he retires and only comes back to save the day if someone (like Jimmy G) in the right situation gets hurt. 

Possibly, it depends how big his ego is in holding all the QB records, I'm not sure he'd want to do it in another uniform unless he wants to prove his greatness is not BB dependent. 

I think playing to 45 is unrealistic.  He retires.  Why on earth would he want to tarnish his image trying to stay 1-2 seasons longer?  Montana w/ KC, Favre w/ Jets, Thurman w/ Dolphins and so many other examples.  

Jacksonville sounds good to me ?

Send his azs to London, that would be even better. I would like to watch him self destruct, I hope his ego signs for a couple more years.

Edited by Don Otreply

4 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

He is still a decent QB, but its clear time has finally caught up to him and his avocado ice cream. What is most shocking to me was how little NE did to give him weapons this year. Obviously AB didn't work out, but how could you go into the season with Jacobi Myers and Gunner Oslenski as wide receiver options? 

Because they thought Brady could be Brady with anyone like he has in the past. So really addressed Defense. Though the signs where there last year he is not that QB anymore and needs help. But their defense is failing and the Run game that carried them late last season, playoffs and Super Bowl isn’t there. 

also I really think people can and should start to question BB the personnel man. As coach there is no question. But as a personnel man he hasn’t been good 

If he plays next year, and right now I think that is a big IF, I still think it's in NE. They don't really have a backup plan in place if he doesn't. I still think the most likely scenario is Tom is done allowing them to have a rough year next year and in turn ransoming their future for Lawrence. 

40 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Possibly, it depends how big his ego is in holding all the QB records, I'm not sure he'd want to do it in another uniform unless he wants to prove his greatness is not BB dependent. 

It’d be a really bad move for him to do that.  It would cost him a lot of goodwill in NE and he’d pretty much need to win a SB or have an MVP season to come our on top.  And it’s not like he needs the money.  Regardless of what happens this season, he’ll be going out on top of the world.  Why F that up?

Oh, and if Brees keeps playing too, he will still have some of those records. 

1 hour ago, BuffalothruMyVeins said:

Indianapolis

Tennessee?

New Orleans

Carolina??

Indi dumped Manning when he had smth in the tank (2 SB apperances and 1 ring with Denver)

Tennesee somehow revitalized Tannehil career

Carolina - do you think Cam is done before Brady?

New Orleans   - What is it doing in this list?

He recently bought a mansion in nearby Greenwich, CT - which is where a lot of wealthy people who work in NYC make their residence. I believe he is positioning himself to retire and  have his TB12 headquarters in New York. He may also do some broadcasting from there. Of course, Giselle does a lot of modeling work in NYC, too.

Yes, I think Tommy is done after this year in the NFL, especially if the Patsies do not make or win the Super Bowl. TB12's stock is not going to do well if Brady continues playing while looking washed up.

6 minutes ago, Artem Lipatov said:

I can't imagine Brady in other uniform. 

I only hope Pats will be in a long search of a new QB for a decade.

If they find replacement immediately like Aaron Rogers after Brett Favre it'll be not fair.)

I just hope Trevor Lawrence doesn't end up in the AFC East in three years!