We can clinch playoffs this week & Scenarios to win the division (and even get the #1 seed in the AFC)

Reed83HOF

44 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

The division is in play.  Buffalo just has to do its business and win.  The Pats are not that good.  All the talk about us being the worst team with a good record should have been talked about the Pats.

There's a good chance that if we win the division, we also get the #1 seed.

It will be a fun next few weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Just beat Baltimore.  I am most worried about on the road in Pittsburgh.  

Duck looks good too. Throws a really nice, accurate deep ball— had about 3-4 gorgeous throws today. I think they will have to blitz him and play a lot of zone.

on offense, just have to try to run the ball and JA has to play smart.

1 hour ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

That second scenario isn’t super unlikely. I think the Dolphins could have the Pats number the way they are both playing. 

Don't rule out Cincinnati either.

That's a home game for the Bengals, and they have been playing tough the last few weeks.

They could have beaten the Raiders & Steelers prior to today's game.

That will not be an easy win for the Patriots*.

Home field means less and less to a team like ours.  Do we wanna be home?  Of course we do.

Is it a 3 point advantage for the other team in their house?  Maybe for some teams, but the Bills Mafia represents in virtually every stadium, and our fans dampen the crowd noise enough that our offense can audible anywhere, and our defense gets to communicate better. (Tremaine always says how much he loves our home crowd but the noise makes it hard for him to communicate)

I think if Daboll gets out of Josh's way we can start doing 28-35 pt games and it won't matter who or where we play.  Our defense can work with those numbers.....

• Like (+1) 2

I was just in the ESPN playoff machine for the same reasons, but the key is 10-3. Just beat Baltimore and hope we still have this dream alive next Sunday night. Home game and long week to prepare helps balance out facing the hottest team in football right now.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Yes but the first tie breaker is common opponents.  Why is this hard to understand?  They have a better record against common opponents.  So with a loss to Miami or Cinci it would even out and move to the division.  You are correct but not entirely on why.

No the first tie breaker is division record, second tie breaker is common opponents. So it’s actually rather easy to understand if you know the rules or bother to take 5 seconds to look them up. 

Edited by Ethan in Portland

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Just beat Baltimore.  I am most worried about on the road in Pittsburgh.  

Baltimore can be beaten and we should have our old friend Mother Nature to help neutralize the Ravens offense. That said, with 17mph sustained winds I look at the kicking game & worry about House Money’s woes. Nothing worse than to battle the Ravens and lose because our kicker doesn’t perform at Tucker’s level. Perhaps this is one of the holes they address in the off-season? Bringing in the best K in the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'd prefer wild card. I want more playoff games with Bills. They are 5-1 on road now (with a good kicker could be 6-0)  and they don't need a home advantage in playoffs ?

I remember a year when young Eli won all postseason games on road  and culmination was spoiling Patriots perfect season in SB. 

Maybe young Allen repeats that way?

Edited by Artem Lipatov

6 hours ago, Process said:

That browns loss stings so bad right now

I don’t see it that way but I get why someone would say that. Sure they could have won that game but what about the games they could have lost?   There are more of those.  

49 minutes ago, Artem Lipatov said:

I'd prefer wild card. I want more playoff games with Bills. They are 5-1 on road now (with a good kicker could be 6-0)  and they don't need a home advantage in playoffs ?

I remember a year when young Eli won all postseason games on road  and culmination was spoiling Patriots perfect season in SB. 

Maybe young Allen repeats that way?

If they win the division they get a home game. And it could be without a bye.   Although that seems highly unlikely.   

• Like (+1) 1

Win out is unlikely.  NElosing two at home is unlikely.   I guess it’s fun to talk about but let’s make the playoffs first.   

If two minor miracles occur next week this gets more fuel but until then not much has changed for the bills unfortunately.