Maybe we want to lose to the Ravens?

peterpan

8 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

With the division still in reach, absolutely not. Bills win out and Pats lose to Texans/Chiefs and we have the division. Pats currently getting outplayed by the Texans and losing the Chiefs is entirely possible. If the Bills can beat Baltimore winning the final 3 is very feasible. 

If Bills win out, I believe they would be the #1 seed.

• Like (+1) 1

Nice hypothetical, but i’d Rather win out, and have other playoff teams use all sorts of mental and physical energy planing on how not to lose to us, but that’s just me maybe,

Go Bills!!!

6 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

I haven’t put much thought nor math behind this, but wonder if it’s possible that our game against New England would be meaningless for us (meaning we’ve locked up 5th seed  and nothing would change this)..... and then is there a chance we sit our top players? 

To wrap up the WC spot we need to win.

there may be some weird circumstance that patriots clinch division and buffalo clinches top WC before that game.

they would need to be 3 back of be going into that game.  Right now buffalo is 1.5 back of ne pending tonight’s game.

they  would need to beat pittsburgh

new Englald  woukd have to win tonight and the next 2 werks  for ne to be

NE 13-1

BUF 10-4

pittsburg woukd have to lose next week so thry would have 7 lises

oakland woukd have to lose 1

indy have to lose one

tenn would have to lose 1

then only tenn coukd be 10-6 but not win the division and no other 10-6 teams.  Buffalo would get 5 due to their win at Tennessee.

if buffalo is tied with Houston st 10-6 Houston would have better conference record and get 5 seed.

6 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

If Bills win out, I believe they would be the #1 seed.

1 hour ago, peterpan said:

Watching the Ravens/49ers game, two of the best teams in the league, gave me the confidence that the Bills are FINALLY one of the NFLs top teams!  So, while we are capable of beating Baltimore next week, do we want to?? Hear me out.....

No thanks.

If the Bills don’t win the division it’s best if the Pats get the 1 seed. After the Bills win their WC game they will likely play the 1 seed. I’d rather knock off the Pats in NE than travel to Baltimore.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

OP, you’re gonna get flamed like a mofo, but it’s crossed my mind.  

Option 1 - Win out and take the #1 seed

Option 2 - if 5 seed is inevitable, whatever needs to happen for Pats to get *****

You are the Ernie Adams of this place. Option 2 is below you. Option 1 is always the best.

OP, you're right. Don't mind the people who don't understand your premise. Assuming we are making the playoffs as the 5 seed and aren't winning the division (which was more of a certainty before this Sunday nighter started) losing to the Ravens would be better for the reasons you mentioned. Obviously you don't go into the game trying to lose. But sometimes it's better in the long run. 

10 minutes ago, thronethinker said:

Miami could pull the upset...

Wait, if they lose to Hou tonight and to us, wouldn’t we win the tie breaker regardless of Chief’s game?

14 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

They win win out and NE has to do one of these

1 Lose to hou and kc

2 lose to cincinnsti

3 lose to Miami 

Wait, if they lose to Hou tonight and to us, wouldn’t we win the tie breaker regardless of Chief’s game?

28 minutes ago, MJS said:

What is this crap?

Somebody who probably has had too many beers today, saw too many missed offensive holding calls, and actually is happy when he flips to the Beatles channel on Sirius radio and a Ringo Starr song is playing. ?