SNF: Pats @ Texans

whatdrought

50 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

wow... the revolving door continues 

Presumably they think Folk is healthy again and will just re-sign him?

As for the receiver argument..... I don't buy it. Yes Tom Brady has a less than stellar cast to throw to at the moment. They especially lack a consistent deep threat and they have struggled to make dynamic plays as a result and generate chunk yardage. But part of what has made Tom Brady the GOAT has been his ability to make less than stellar offensive weaponry look better than it is. He has made receivers throughout his career, receivers have not made him. This isn't the worst group I have ever seen Brady throwing to, it is just his skills are declining and he is no longer sufficiently precise in his timing and his accuracy to overcome.

The element of the offense where I have more sympathy for Brady is the oline. This is one of the worst offensive lines I have seen him behind in his career. The Patriots normally find a way of working the oline out throughout the season but this time there has been no solution to be found. Isaiah Wynn once he has his legs properly back under him will help but the problems start up front. Their offensive struggles are a combination of Brady's decline and poor offensive line play.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Presumably they think Folk is healthy again and will just re-sign him?

As for the receiver argument..... I don't buy it. Yes Tom Brady has a less than stellar cast to throw to at the moment. They especially lack a consistent deep threat and they have struggled to make dynamic plays as a result and generate chunk yardage. But part of what has made Tom Brady the GOAT has been his ability to make less than stellar offensive weaponry look better than it is. He has made receivers throughout his career, receivers have not made him. This isn't the worst group I have ever seen Brady throwing to, it is just his skills are declining and he is no longer sufficiently precise in his timing and his accuracy to overcome.

The element of the offense where I have more sympathy for Brady is the oline. This is one of the worst offensive lines I have seen him behind in his career. The Patriots normally find a way of working the oline out throughout the season but this time there has been no solution to be found. Isaiah Wynn once he has his legs properly back under him will help but the problems start up front. Their offensive struggles are a combination of Brady's decline and poor offensive line play.

I really hate to say anything complementary or defend Brady, but even he has said it takes him a bit of time (around a month IIRC) to get in sync with new WRs, and losing Gronk really hurt because he was a big part of their offence. I think so of this may be because years ago players came to NE hoping for a title and did what they had to in order to get it. Now some players may be going there expecting to get a title but not willing to do what's always necessary and assuming they don't need to work as hard to get it. Brady can still make the throws, but this just seems like the occasional down year they go through while shuffling around their roster

4 hours ago, ALF said:

Patriots waive kicker Kai Forbath after one game

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001083433/article/patriots-waive-kicker-kai-forbath-after-one-game

No pressure in NE**   Go Chiefs

An underrated part of the NE dynasty:  Every year, from 2000 until this year, they had a top 2 or 3 kicker, in Vinatieri and Gostkowski.  Those guys won a lot of close games for them over the years.  I can’t help but think their kicker is going to lose a tight game or two for them this season.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

oh didn’t realize he was going to be back that quickly

They said 2 weeks originally I believe (had him on my fantasy team as a backup). He had the surgery some time last week so he could be ready this week, although I read somewhere if he can't play they can pick up someone else for the game. Kai was cut and they used his roster spot to pick up someone on defence I think....

20 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

They said 2 weeks originally I believe (had him on my fantasy team as a backup). He had the surgery some time last week so he could be ready this week, although I read somewhere if he can't play they can pick up someone else for the game. Kai was cut and they used his roster spot to pick up someone on defence I think....

that would be awesome if they picked up some scrub for the game against the Chiefs, and they end up losing because of a missed field goal or two!!!