SNF: Pats @ Texans

whatdrought

5 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

My only disagreement is if you look at the Chiefs remaking schedule, they can beat the Pats possibly, and the other three look winnable.  The Texans have the Titans twice and no way they sweep them so I think we start with the Texans, not the Chiefs.

Just an opinion.  When watching the Bills game I’m making sure if at 1 pm the Pats Chiefs are on where I go.  If later it’s a moot point.  

Whoops,mchiefs are playing at 4pm so hopefully it’s on network tv so I don’t have to stay in a Bills bar for 8+ hrs.

Seems like their D is has a weak point for underneath passes esp outside.  Get those big LB’s isolated with a faster RB or Knox maybe.  Gilmore even got worked a few times I saw.  Suddenly the Pasties’ vaunted D looks vulnerable.  Of course BB will make some adjustments but they may have exposed some fundamental weak points that can still be exploited.  I’m suddenly (if not mistakenly) optimistic esp the way JA is slinging those short and intermediate passes.  If the Texans truly provided a real blueprint against that D, they could be in trouble down the last stretch here.  Hell even the slight possibility of us actually taking the division from them is a welcome feeling. 

Let’s not get too concerned with the post season this year.  This is a tremendous sophomore year for JA.  In my wildest dreams I never thought it was in the realm of possibility for any Bills QB to be this successful so soon.  You know Beane will shore up some of the weakest area in this offseason.  We could be seriously dangerous next year.  And Brady is only going to deteriorate more.  Father Time isn’t doing him any favors.  JA is coming on really strong very quickly now but let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves.  

That being said,  I still hope the Patsies get the snot beat out of them the rest of the season.  Would make this holiday season even sweeter than it’s already shaping up to be.  

57 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I went through the post game thread last nite - was mostly excuses about being "ravaged with the flu" (after mccourty said in his PC the whole flu narrative was a bunch of hype and didnt affect the gane), how the offense got "back on track" with the last drives and that should carry over to next game (ignoring prevent D in last minutes) and alternating every 5th post someone pining for AB and someone saying can people stop pining for AB

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

I can't believe the multiple suggestions to sit Brady.  I can't wait until Brady retires and they have to live with the successor; there will be a small fraction of Patsie fans very quickly.

13 minutes ago, Distorted One said:

Seems like their D is has a weak point for underneath passes esp outside.  Get those big LB’s isolated with a faster RB or Knox maybe.  Gilmore even got worked a few times I saw.  Suddenly the Pasties’ vaunted D looks vulnerable.  Of course BB will make some adjustments but they may have exposed some fundamental weak points that can still be exploited.  I’m suddenly (if not mistakenly) optimistic esp the way JA is slinging those short and intermediate passes.  If the Texans truly provided a real blueprint against that D, they could be in trouble down the last stretch here.  Hell even the slight possibility of us actually taking the division from them is a welcome feeling. 

Let’s not get too concerned with the post season this year.  This is a tremendous sophomore year for JA.  In my wildest dreams I never thought it was in the realm of possibility for any Bills QB to be this successful so soon.  You know Beane will shore up some of the weakest area in this offseason.  We could be seriously dangerous next year.  And Brady is only going to deteriorate more.  Father Time isn’t doing him any favors.  JA is coming on really strong very quickly now but let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves.  

That being said,  I still hope the Patsies get the snot beat out of them the rest of the season.  Would make this holiday season even sweeter than it’s already shaping up to be.  

I need to find some of the threads where people said I was nuts to suggest that Brady could be in decline at his age. The prevailing opinion was Brady was going to play at GOAT level till he dropped dead.

7 hours ago, ganesh said:

The one thing the Texans taught today was to play fearless against the Patriots...Don't play reckless, but don't get intimidated by them.  They are vulnerable and beatable. 

Dallas,  Baltimore, Pittsburgh, New England .....that would be an amazing take down if it happens.  

One huge thing was no turnovers by Houston.  You need to avoid huge game changing turnovers and specual teams gaffes against the Cheaters to win - you have to play mistake free because positive plays are always going to be taken away from you as well as given to them by the refs

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I need to find some of the threads where people said I was nuts to suggest that Brady could be in decline at his age. The prevailing opinion was Brady was going to play at GOAT level till he dropped dead.

At 45 now myself, and like many others here I’m sure, I can personally testify about what changes when you cross the 40 year threshold. 

After the military and many years of weight lifting, before  40 I could drop and do 50 push-ups anytime.  Haha not anymore.  If only.  Father Time and Mother Nature will have their way no matter how hard you fight it even if you’re in great shape already.  I work out hard regularly but it just ain’t the same.  

It can be worse for pro athletes who have put their bodies through so much for so long.  I don’t care what “performance enhancing substances” they use.  You can’t stay on them all the time.  They make you feel a lot younger while you’re juicing but it all comes back down to earth when you come off  again. I’m sure he feels great in the offseason when he can juice as much as he wants.

All anyone has to do is watch Tommy’s accuracy on the short stuff that’s his bread and butter.  We saw it against the Bills and it was obvious last night.  I for one would probably enjoy watching him deteriorate in front of everyone the next few years .  Of course I won’t mind a bit when he finally hangs it up.  Either way I still hate his guts. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 hours ago, stevewin said:

I honestly don't understand why he isn't eviscerated for his behavior.  Just because he acts like a sulking childish douche every time it's OK?  "Oh that's just Bill!"  What a POS - it's not normal/acceptable social behavior in the real world.  

Football is not the real world. BUT, nonetheless that whole organization is s POS, right down to the guy who deflates footballs. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, stevewin said:

I went through the post game thread last nite - was mostly excuses about being "ravaged with the flu" (after mccourty said in his PC the whole flu narrative was a bunch of hype and didnt affect the gane), how the offense got "back on track" with the last drives and that should carry over to next game (ignoring prevent D in last minutes) and alternating every 5th post someone pining for AB and someone saying can people stop pining for AB

This week, on the advice of the Bruins, 'The Hoodie' will list 75% of the team as questionable with an 'upper-body injury'...