looks like Doug Marrone is done in Jville

stuvian

6 hours ago, sherpa said:

We made the decision not to offer him an extension.

That was writing on the wall and he saw it for what it was.

Not really.  He had two years left and things were trending up.  The new ownership was not ready to commit more down the road but the writing was not on the wall. There was disappointment over his decision.  You are rewriting or reinterpreting history.  

• Like (+1) 1

Marrone did good things with a bad franchise.  Ralph's death allowed him to trigger the contingency clause in his contract to leave while stilo getting paid.  He thought his success story with the Bad News Bills would make him a hot commodity, and he'd get a better head coaching gig.  He rolled the dice, and it blew up in his face.

19 hours ago, sherpa said:

We made the decision not to offer him an extension.

That was writing on the wall and he saw it for what it was.

..incorrect....Pegula offered him a four year, $19.6 million dollar extension...Marrone told TP, "I'll get back to you".....when he didn't, TP called him and Doug was allegedly doing Christmas shopping and again said, "I'll get back to you".....next up was the resignation and TP summoned Whaley to Boca (Brandon was already in FL for holiday) where the 3 met until 9PM on New Year's Eve.....Whaley & Brandon had turned on Marrone for his militaristic "Patton like style" because he wanted them involved more so than they wanted to be (meetings to death, etc).....so he walked......

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 12/1/2019 at 9:34 PM, cba fan said:

If Marrone could have beaten Pats I would have forgiven him for any perceived slight I felt he may have given Pegs and Bills during that strange divorce.

I will like anyone who keeps Pats out of Super Bowl.

Truth is that Dougie boy did the Bills a favor. The 4 mil was much less than the $$ that Darius stole. We have had years of massive dead money against the cap for players we didn't have anymore or were performing like journeymen. Thanks Dougie...

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Spiderweb said:

Truth is that Dougie boy did the Bills a favor. The 4 mil was much less than the $$ that Darius stole. We have had years of massive dead money against the cap for players we didn't have anymore or were performing like journeymen. Thanks Dougie...

He did us a couple favors.   He also gave us a draft pick to pay Dareus 20 million of the stupid 100 Million dollar contract Whaley gave him.   Have a feeling Dareus will never see the last 20 million and be out of the league next year.

Edited by thenorthremembers

57 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

He did us a couple favors.   He also gave us a draft pick to pay Dareus 20 million of the stupid 100 Million dollar contract Whaley gave him.   Have a feeling Dareus will never see the last 20 million and be out of the league next year.

Some team will sign him to be a depth DT in the very least. Yet he won't see that kind of money for sure. 

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

Some team will sign him to be a depth DT in the very least. Yet he won't see that kind of money for sure. 

Will have to wait and see.   I think most teams who are looking for depth want good locker room guys.   Dont see a lot of people lining up to sign a 30 year old notoriously lazy player who wont have much to play for anymore.   Dareus needs motivation, and I dont see where that is with backup money and snaps.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..incorrect....Pegula offered him a four year, $19.6 million dollar extension...Marrone told TP, "I'll get back to you".....when he didn't, TP called him and Doug was allegedly doing Christmas shopping and again said, "I'll get back to you".....next up was the resignation and TP summoned Whaley to Boca (Brandon was already in FL for holiday) where the 3 met until 9PM on New Year's Eve.....Whaley & Brandon had turned on Marrone for his militaristic "Patton like style" because he wanted them involved more so than they wanted to be (meetings to death, etc).....so he walked......

From where did you get this? 

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Dareus will hang around for a couple of more years. I think he signs a one year deal next season and might fool another team after that. But considering he has collected on that massive contract a lot I think his motivation to play will either be more money or non-existent. 

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Dareus will hang around for a couple of more years. I think he signs a one year deal next season and might fool another team after that. But considering he has collected on that massive contract a lot I think his motivation to play will either be more money or non-existent. 

Til it’s gone

9 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Never heard anything about this before. Do you have a source for this info?

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

I always thought Marrone was too much of a hard ass. Meant for college, but was too strict of a coach for adults playing professional football. Then we replaced him with Rex Ryan, which was a turn into the other side of the ditch. Zero discipline, and cared more about being liked than being a boss. I think McDermott is perfect in the regards that he definitely has discipline, but also has genuinely earned the respect of the players, and in turn, shows respect to the players.