looks like Doug Marrone is done in Jville

stuvian

More double dipping ahead for him

6 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

I alway knew Doug was a loser and laughing at people who thought we made a bad decision.  Total jerk and no tears for him

What decision did “we” make?   He quit as hc of the bills after a promising first two years.  

12 minutes ago, mattynh said:

More double dipping ahead for him

What decision did “we” make?   He quit as hc of the bills after a promising first two years.  

We made the decision not to offer him an extension.

That was writing on the wall and he saw it for what it was.

17 hours ago, Dopey said:

Pretty sure a guy smart enough to have an out clause from a perennially crappy run organization has invested his $4 million(not $1 million) well. He won't need it, but he's got enough to lend you , if you need it.

Well if the Bills are such a perennially crappy run organization, why are you a fan ?  There's such a think as honor---when you make a commitment to coach a team & then you bailout because you think you have the inside track on the Jets job that's a bush league move. Yeah it was stupid of the Bills to include that clause but the dumber move was to hire this guy in the first place. Those people are no longer in the organization.

Also, my financial situation is excellent & I don't need a loan from this phony.

28 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

Well if the Bills are such a perennially crappy run organization, why are you a fan ?  There's such a think as honor---when you make a commitment to coach a team & then you bailout because you think you have the inside track on the Jets job that's a bush league move. Yeah it was stupid of the Bills to include that clause but the dumber move was to hire this guy in the first place. Those people are no longer in the organization.

Also, my financial situation is excellent & I don't need a loan from this phony.

I'm a fan because I love football and that's my hometown team. Been a fan for 45 years. Never felt the need to be a bandwagon fan. Still a Sabre's fan too. I don't think anyone can argue they were not run well for most of their fandom. Honor? Believe it or not, this is a business and that was a heck of a business decision. It was reported by the Democrat and Chronicle that he and Whaley had a "frosty" relationship. It was pretty evident Whaley didn't like him, so he left with $4 million. Give me that money to walk away from a cocky GM like Whaley, who didn't like me and I'm gone. Don't have to ask me twice. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I'm a fan because I love football and that's my hometown team. Been a fan for 45 years. Never felt the need to be a bandwagon fan. Still a Sabre's fan too. I don't think anyone can argue they were not run well for most of their fandom. Honor? Believe it or not, this is a business and that was a heck of a business decision. It was reported by the Democrat and Chronicle that he and Whaley had a "frosty" relationship. It was pretty evident Whaley didn't like him, so he left with $4 million. Give me that money to walk away from a cocky GM like Whaley, who didn't like me and I'm gone. Don't have to ask me twice. 

Whaley and Marrone should be power slammed through a burning table.  

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 1