looks like Doug Marrone is done in Jville

stuvian

21 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I like Caldwell and know he will land somewhere. He has been apart of helping build three different winning teams. 

The time has come for Coughlin to maybe step away from an active roll in an organization.

Marrone might want to head back to college. 

Still plenty of time to catch the red eye to Syracuse to undermine Babors.

Another lousy retread who failed at his second head coaching job.  Soon Adam Gase and Pat Shurmur will join him in the unemployment line.  Who knows, maybe someone will give them a third chance, like Mularkey.

• Like (+1) 1

The big problem IMO is Caldwell. He has made some very defensive draft picks and signings but his downfall has been whiffing on coaches, QB and other important positions.

His hiring of Gus Bradley was a major flop and his selection of Blake Bortles basically set the organization back for years.

Also the move to draft Fornette so high now seems like a very bad move.

I do kind of feel bad for Doug.  It seems like he’s learned a lot from how he departed in Buffalo both on and off the field.  

Everyone’s back was against the wall this year.  Since the Bortles pick flopped so badly, they had to go all-in on Nick Foles and it didn’t work out.  

17 minutes ago, mannc said:

Another lousy retread who failed at his second head coaching job.  Soon Adam Gase and Pat Shurmur will join him in the unemployment line.  Who knows, maybe someone will give them a third chance, like Mularkey.

If “soon” means after the 2020 season, you might be right

2 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

If “soon” means after the 2020 season, you might be right

Maybe, but I would bet you that either Gase or Shurmur, if not both, will be gone this January.  Both have proven beyond reasonable doubt that they suck.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, mannc said:

Maybe, but I would bet you that either Gase or Shurmur, if not both, will be gone this January.  Both have proven beyond reasonable doubt that they suck.

Didn’t Chris Johnson say that Gase was safe for next year?  

I’m not so sure that we’ll see Shurmur fired.  The Giants aren’t a great team 

The jilted ex lover Bills fans still can't get over this guy. The fan base was begging for him to be fired, then when he quit they are so hurt that he left that they can't get over it and let it go ........

3 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Didn’t Chris Johnson say that Gase was safe for next year?  

I’m not so sure that we’ll see Shurmur fired.  The Giants aren’t a great team 

I wonder if Shurmur is canned when Garrett is let go, saw a rumor last week that said the Giants want Garrett.....

• Like (+1) 1

The issues in Jacksonville are with roster construction moreso than they are with how the team is actually coaches. Here and in Jacksonville he was able to vastly improve team defenses but having EJ here and Bortles and then a team pay 80 Million for a career backup in Foles ultimately held him back.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

The jilted ex lover Bills fans still can't get over this guy. The fan base was begging for him to be fired, then when he quit they are so hurt that he left that they can't get over it and let it go ........

I think most here are glad he quit.  He's been a failure in Jax.