Kirby Jackson

Rumors that the Bills Steelers be flexed to Sunday Night? (update: Flexed to SNF)

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Guarantee it doenst happen

Games have to be flexed atleast 12 days prior to the game according to their rules I believe

Math major?

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Unless the Bills were told days ago the rules say 12 days notice

Ahhh sorry I thought I read Ravens... It's Steelers

That's possible

No problem

Just now, Tesla03 said:

no thanks. keep it at 1pm where we have been winning this season 

We lost 3 games at 1pm. Undefeated at other times vs. Teams with 6 wins or more.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Unless the Bills were told days ago the rules say 12 days notice

Ahhh sorry I thought I read Ravens... It's Steelers

That's possible

English major?

Just now, wagon127 said:

We lost 3 games at 1pm. Undefeated at other times vs. Teams with 6 wins or more.

we don't need another reason for the steelers to be up for this game against us. despite who their QB is they still have a very tough defense and one of the best HC's in the league. 

Just now, inaugural balls said:

Math major?

I thought it said Ravens not Steelers I read wrong

Ravens game can't be flexed because time

Steelers could

Just now, inaugural balls said:

English major?

You're a clown

• Thanks! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

If marketing people are doing their job, the market size equals the draw. 

In other words market size should be population likely to watch the game, or target audience...not number of bodies living in the region. 

This simply is not true, you can’t poll a large enough sample size to accurately gauge those likely to watch, thus one would base the market on demographics and other variables(climate, other professional sports etc). If you’re trying to say that based on demographics GB or Buffalo has a larger market than LA I don’t know what to tell you.  

Marketing departments can only do so much, a lot has to do with the product on the field.  You can’t really market a turd sandwich, which is why Russ Brandon was regarded as a marketing genius...until he played grab ass with the wrong assistant.

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a7cbb08d2cfb7c8280a

Sorry, @plenzmd1 shows no mercy! No wings for you!

(But if you make friends with his nephew, you’re all set...he’s the real Wing Master!) 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Damit, i really hope not. I am prolly going to this game, i want a 1PM start. But you are always pretty spot on, so now i hate you.... messenger

Shoot him! Shoot him!

I understand those who say they don't want the later game, I personally would be happy with this- especially since I think we'll likely win that game. Another reason for people to see the truth. Plus, JA is a primetime ass kicker. 

56 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Woah- I didn't even see who was posting this. This is a serious source. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Leonhart2017 said:

I actually would prefer just a 1 PM (noon my time). I hate waking up on Sundays and having to wait to watch the Bills.

Sleep in.......more

• Haha (+1) 1

If New England loses tonight, then they’ll definitely flex the game. They’ll do anything to give New England an advantage with the division possibly on the line.

• Confused 1

Market size is almost silly. LA can’t support one team, much less two. Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Green Bay etc have huge and loyal FANBASES. They travel to and obsessively  watch their teams. That’s where the money is, not in the metro area population. 

My brother in law from Providence was here for Thanksgiving. Huge (and typical) Patriot “fan”. Great guy! He freely admitted that if they didn’t win every year he’d shift his focus. Didn’t even PRETEND to actually be a loyal fan. It was kind of refreshing....for a Patriot fan. 

41 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Nfl would be more inclined to move dallas/la to sunday night and move buffalo/pitt to 4:25.

No team is allowed more than six primetime games unless Week 17 rolls around and that team is the preferred candidate for the SNF flex slot.  Dallas has had three NBC primetime games, two Thursday games (Thanksgiving and next week), and a Monday night game.  Thus, this game is ineligible to be moved.

It's also very likely that FOX protected this game from being moved to SNF.  Those blocks must be submitted to the NFL by week 5 and DAL/LAR is very likely to have been protected by FOX given that it is in the late window of a doubleheader.

In order for BUF/PIT to be moved to 4:25, it must be cross-flexed to FOX as CBS has a singleheader that week and there is a snowball's chance in hell that they would move this to 4:05.  The NFL never cross-flexes "good" games into the 4:25 window unless the doubleheader network has a stinker in there.  DAL/LAR isn't a stinker.

In short, you're wrong.

This would be awesome. Al Michaels is the best in the business and hasn't called a Bills game since we crushed the Patriots 56-10 in 2007. My lobotomist said that was his favourite all-time game.

• Haha (+1) 2

I could do without Chris Collinsworth busting our balls all night. Biggest tool in the business. But other than that, I'd be cool with it.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm going to the game and already took off the next day from work.  If it's a night game, so be it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

I could do without Chris Collinsworth busting our balls all night. Biggest tool in the business. But other than that, I'd be cool with it.

This is probably the best argument for it not being on SNF. However, without Brady on the other side, it might not be too bad...

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wagon127 said:

Everybody annoyed with no primetime games. Then maybe we get 3 national tv games in 4 

Add 1 more when we make the playoffs. 

11 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Sleep in.......more

But......not on Monday! Hurts those who have to be at work early. That’s not me, so I’m good with whatever. I’m just happy when we are doing well. Focus more on other things when we are not. It’s a learned defense mechanism.  😋

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

Damn! I was going to make the drive and be at work the next day. Hope it stays put! I have no vacation time left.

Same with my family. If they move the time were gonna have to get rid of tickets

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

Damn! I was going to make the drive and be at work the next day. Hope it stays put! I have no vacation time left.

No problem there....how much do you like your job? 

😋

• Haha (+1) 3