Rumors that the Bills Steelers be flexed to Sunday Night? (update: Flexed to SNF)

Anybody that has been complaining about the lack of respect this team gets will have their opportunity to either earn it or lose it over the next few weeks.  With 3 national prime time games in 4 weeks, with the other game coming against perhaps the NFL's best team right now in the Ravens, it's time to put up or shut up.

The Bills organization has an opportunity in a 4 week span to become relevant to the NFL and the country again.  The question becomes whether they will sieze the opportunity, or be thought of as the "same old Bills" again.

We're going to find out real quick which players and coaches on this team are ready for prime time.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 2

This kind of screws us a little doesn't it?  

Now that I think about it.  Pitt sunday night, so we lost a few hours.... big deal right.  But then we play the Pats on saturday so there's a few more.  So now we have lost at minimum 2/3 of a day (not including travel).

I'm sure the team will be up for it since they did it against Dallas on the short week but just a random thought.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Most people hate it mainly because they don't want to stay up late. It's one game. You should see some of the whiners on twitter saying the same thing. I'm glad they're happy watching the Cowboys five times a year on Sunday night football. I'm sick of it

Staying up late is part of it for me.

Most of it is I just prefer Bills football at 1 PM though.

Just a personal preference, everyone is different 

Edited by BillsFan130

19 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Don’t the Steelers have an amazing record at home during prime time games?

My first NFL game was the Monday night drubbing we got at 3 Rivers in ‘93, 0-23. Those fans are pretty rabid, not a pleasant memory. But if ever there was a year where we would feel like they can be had at home, Primetime or not, it’s got to be this year despite their more competitive play and W’s of late. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I personally prefer the early games. I don’t like sitting around all day waiting for the game. It’s rare that I even watch Sunday Night football. I’m kind of over football by that point. With that being said, I love when the Bills get the big stage. I actually think this particular group embraces it. We will see I guess.

I favor the early games as well.  To much going on in he evening sunday nights already 

I love it and hate it all at the same time. Love it because this is what happens when you’re a good team and getting respect. Was really beginning to wonder whether Al Michaels would ever call another Bills game again before retiring. Hate it because I just love the 1 PM routine. Late night games get me all fired up and it’s tough to fall asleep. Lol. 

25 minutes ago, WMDman said:

im definitely in the minority, but I hate this 

I am conditioned to believe that as well, but here's a truth I just learned: the Bills quarterback does not shrink from the spotlight. My biggest concern on Thanksgiving was how badly the Bills traditionally play when the whole world is watching.

Josh Allen said "I don't give a crap" and spent the fourth quarter proving it. I'll grant you that Tomlin is a better coach than Garrett, but Allen was at his best when all eyes were on him. 

Can't wait.

• Like (+1) 1