Rumors that the Bills Steelers be flexed to Sunday Night? (update: Flexed to SNF)

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Hm I think that will be a pretty boring game. I can see why the NFL would do that but Duck Hodges doesn't belong in primetime.

but the Steelers have a national following and it’s a chance to introduce the bills to the playoff watching crowds 

3 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I am on a flight earlier in the day and couldn’t make the 1 pm start time. So if it is flexed, then that means I can go!  I’m actually hoping for a 4:25 flex though— getting too old to handle the late night games!! 

No chance.. Patriots/Chiefs are 4:25

8 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

One other vague piece of intel from my buddy who works for NBC... Dec. 15 is the day of NBC's big family holiday party in Manhattan, and he inferred they would want to cap the night off with a great game.

Can I interest you in the Bucs at the Lions??

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

What other games are an option? I don't know how big this game would really be outside of Buffalo and Pitts? Houston & Tenn is a divisional game and could have divisional implications depending on what happens tonight (and next week). Looking at the schedule that week, I don't see anything else that may have playoff implications to it so I'd say there's a good chance it's one of those 2

Houston and Tennessee still play twice. Week 15 and week 17.   week 17 Has a shot of being for the division. NBC doesn’t want it both times.

houston loses tonight they are tied at 7-5.

fox has double headerwerkend with rams st cowboys for 425 that FOX likely has protected from flexing.  They have the rams next werk so they wouldn’t want them 2 weeks in a row.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

This is almost exactly like what I hear incompetent marketing people say as I wonder how they have a job. Anyone can read Wikipedia to get population figures.

Marketing is about determination of those with likelihood to chose your product and reaching them. 

The market size for a nfl  Game is likely viewers, not everyone with a pulse. London has 9 million people so is the idea that is a 9 million person market for the nfl?  No. 

I included the definition of demographics for you, since you first feel as though it’s necessary to insult me, and second must lack basic reading comprehension skills.  Nowhere did I say population=market.

thus one would base the market on demographics and other variables(climate, other professional sports etc).

How do you get population=market from my quote above??  If everyone was as incompetent as I the world would be a much better and more wealthy place.

683295C1-03BE-478E-B12B-340CB79AB160.jpeg