Rumors that the Bills Steelers be flexed to Sunday Night? (update: Flexed to SNF)

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

When does the decision have to be made by? 

Deadline is tuesday

but nbc likely makes this announcement during the game tonight since it’s not faded on Monday night results.

chargers losing today seals this change.

the isdue is who they pick...buf at pit or hou v trn

houston v tenn  is one of the leading candidates for week 17 along with SF at Seattle for nbc

because of that buf at pit is the favorite

2 hours ago, Chris66 said:

Nfl would be more inclined to move dallas/la to sunday night and move buffalo/pitt to 4:25.

Multiple other reasons have been provided why this wouldn't be something the NFL is inclined to do, but I think the biggest one has been skipped.

It's a CBS double-header week and guess what they have lined up for national coverage at 4:25? Patriots/Chiefs. They wouldn't want to flex anything against that jewel that would draw any sort of real ratings away.

• Like (+1) 1

Remember

cbs and fox get to protect 1game a week from week 11-16 during traditional flex time. One week thrycant protects do 5 total. No protections in week 17.  NFL decidesthe werk 17 game based on playoff implications not market size or fan based.

double header networks will protect their feature 425 game like kc-ne and la-dallas.  In week 15 cbs might have decided to not protect games since they had only one game.

2 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Someone on another thread a few days ago said this is a done deal.  The game will be at 8:00.  Anyone else confused?

It wasnt a done deal because you needed to see to see what happened this week.  Clevrland beat Pittsburgh thry would be in 2nd due to season sweep tiebreaker.

14 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Multiple other reasons have been provided why this wouldn't be something the NFL is inclined to do, but I think the biggest one has been skipped.

It's a CBS double-header week and guess what they have lined up for national coverage at 4:25? Patriots/Chiefs. They wouldn't want to flex anything against that jewel that would draw any sort of real ratings away.

I'm confused. Week 15 is a fox double header week and NE/KC is next week. I think you have your weeks mixed up.

Buffalo's win over Dallas opened the eyes of TV network executives.

Then seeing that Bills v Cowboys was the highest rated Thanksgiving game for CBS since 1992 and most-watched regular season game on CBS since 2007 and thoughts of Bills being on TV got TV executives like...

Image result for load size meme

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Buddy Hix said:

Damn! I was going to make the drive and be at work the next day. Hope it stays put! I have no vacation time left.

So then you call in sick! LOL

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Night game at the Big Ketchup Bottle? Hell yes. 

As bad as Kraft is doing, wonder how long they'll still keep the naming rights?

What other games are an option? I don't know how big this game would really be outside of Buffalo and Pitts? Houston & Tenn is a divisional game and could have divisional implications depending on what happens tonight (and next week). Looking at the schedule that week, I don't see anything else that may have playoff implications to it so I'd say there's a good chance it's one of those 2

5 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

What other games are an option? I don't know how big this game would really be outside of Buffalo and Pitts? Houston & Tenn is a divisional game and could have divisional implications depending on what happens tonight (and next week). Looking at the schedule that week, I don't see anything else that may have playoff implications to it so I'd say there's a good chance it's one of those 2

Seahawks vs. Panthers, but fox might want to keep it for a 4:25 slot to replace rams cowboys.

One other vague piece of intel from my buddy who works for NBC... Dec. 15 is the day of NBC's big family holiday party in Manhattan, and he inferred they would want to cap the night off with a great game.

Edited by jimmy10
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Those teams don’t get ratings. No one cares about the Texans or Titans. The people in those cities are even pretty indifferent. If they don’t care the rest of the country won’t.