Rumors that the Bills Steelers be flexed to Sunday Night? (update: Flexed to SNF)

5 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

You asked.

Market size is irrelevant in the NFL. Teams that draw are all that matter. The Packers are by far the smallest market and a big draw. The Steelers are in a small market and a massive draw. The Bills just drew the highest regular season ratings in 3 years. I know football is still new to Pats fans but you have some learning to do.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Oh i dont know the second and sixth largest markets.

Market size isn’t the deciding factor, market saturation or the % of the market that watches/attends games is what matters.  LA is the largest market, and can’t sell out or get local engagement from the market.  Green Bay, Pittsburg, and Buffalo are three of the smallest markets And would never get prime time games if the networks/NFL based their scheduling on market size.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Market size is irrelevant in the NFL. Teams that draw are all that matter. The Packers are by far the smallest market and a big draw. The Steelers are in a small market and a massive draw. The Bills just drew the highest regular season ratings in 3 years. I know football is still new to Pats fans but you have some learning to do.

Great minds and whatnot, haha

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dirtyd415 said:

Market size isn’t the deciding factor, market saturation or the % of the market that watches/attends games is what matters.  LA is the largest market, and can’t sell out or get local engagement from the market.  Green Bay, Pittsburg, and Buffalo are three of the smallest markets And would never get prime time games if the networks/NFL based their scheduling on market size.

Ha ha, sounds like great minds think alike!!

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree to a point when your scheduling in the offseason. Also if pitt was playing dallas that would be flexed, i just dont see buffalo being a big enough draw to flex the game to sunday night. Nbc does have a say in who gets flexed.

5 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

I agree to a point when your scheduling in the offseason. Also if pitt was playing dallas that would be flexed, i just dont see buffalo being a big enough draw to flex the game to sunday night. Nbc does have a say in who gets flexed.

Again, they just played the highest rated regular season game in 3 seasons!!  You’ve got to keep up if you want to enter the debate. The Bills have traditionally been a very big draw when they’ve played on national TV. That was confirmed 3 days ago. https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/11/buffalo-bills-win-over-cowboys-highest-rated-thanksgiving-day-cbs-game-in-27-years.html

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I just texted my buddy from the Steelers and he said that it is most likely happening. Stay tuned...

Damit, i really hope not. I am prolly going to this game, i want a 1PM start. But you are always pretty spot on, so now i hate you.... messenger

7 minutes ago, Dirtyd415 said:

Great minds and whatnot, haha

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If marketing people are doing their job, the market size equals the draw. 

In other words market size should be population likely to watch the game, or target audience...not number of bodies living in the region. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Again, they just played the highest rated regular season game in 3 seasons!!  You’ve got to keep up if you want to enter the debate. The Bills have traditionally been a very big draw when they’ve played on national TV. That was confirmed 3 days ago. https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/11/buffalo-bills-win-over-cowboys-highest-rated-thanksgiving-day-cbs-game-in-27-years.html

No they played highest viewed game since last week. Dallas/NE had over 29.5 million veiwers