49ers vs Ravens

ILBillsfan

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

19TH in YAC

He doesn't just lob the ball. Of full time starters, he's #3 in 1st down % passing (40.1).  His YPC is top 5.  Despite being 24th in attempts, he is leading the league in TDs.  He is #10 in passes over 40 yards.

To summarize (again), he is a very efficient passer.  He throws downfield (top 5 YPA, only 19th YAC) for a lot of 1st downs and TDs.

That's all far better than "most QBs".

Do you not bother to read what someone writes, or are you just incapable of processing and acknowledging it?  

I could go through here one by one and point out where you’re “straw manning” claims I didn’t make and failing to respond to points I did make, but what would be the point?

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do you not bother to read what someone writes, or are you just incapable of processing and acknowledging it?  

I could go through here one by one and point out where you’re “straw manning” claims I didn’t make and failing to respond to points I did make, but what would be the point?

I’ll give it a shot! If you are on a health kick going into the new year, and you believe some “exercise in futility” could help your plan, then......maybe?  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You said, allowing for some "tight window" passing on occasion, that Jackson, unlike "accurate passing QBs" who "throw with accurate placement", just "lobs" the ball to a TE.  I showed you, specifically, how that was not true.    

Show me my straw man counter(s) to your "lobber" claim. 

1 hour ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

So you’re one of those d bags that thinks they “won” the argument? My opinion is different, he will be done as a starter in 3-4 years. 

Here's the problem...Jackson is ranked super high in yards per attempt, and below avg in yards after catch. You are basing your opinion on him saying he only completes short passes.  Well, that is completely impossible given those two stats.

Your opinion, or at least part of it, is factually wrong (like if I said tomorrow the sun will come up green). You can admit you based a part of your opinion on false info/facts (try it sometime it's liberating to admit you were wrong...perfection is the enemy of progress and all), but regardless of that piece, it doesn't matter because you still think he is going to get hurt running, which is the most important thing for your opinion by far, and you are saying that because of that he will not maintain this level for his career...that's a solid opinion. 

That said, the come back there is Donavan McNabb, who was able to change his game and become a pocket passer. Jackson has shown the potential to do that already if you look at the stats.

The comeback to that is, well that's because defenses have to play the run, so those passing lanes are open, and if he loses the run, then he gets complex coverages and will not be able to maintain those passing stats.

You get to that point you can say well, we're just going to have to agree to disagree, but these are the facts I am basing my opinion on. You seem to have stalled in the process of the full process and melted a bit when someone provided solid facts to challenge your opinion. Let me guess, you hate snowflakes? The irony...

His stats have basically declined each game this season. As I said, his 4 best games were the first four games of the year. His worst 4 games have come in the past 6 games. I was pointing out how teams may be figuring the offense out and with a full offseason I believe it will be greatly diminished. 

You are trying to use full season stats to prove your point when they are greatly skewed by the first 4 games. So maybe it is you that is “factually wrong”. 

2 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

His stats have basically declined each game this season. As I said, his 4 best games were the first four games of the year. His worst 4 games have come in the past 6 games. I was pointing out how teams may be figuring the offense out and with a full offseason I believe it will be greatly diminished. 

You are trying to use full season stats to prove your point when they are greatly skewed by the first 4 games. So maybe it is you that is “factually wrong”. 

Didn't he not play the 4th quarter of a bunch of games though recently? I think you might be using total yards per game, but there is a lot that goes into that (running out clocks once you get a huge lead for example, which if the falcons did, they would have a super bowl, or not playing entire 4th quarters is another)...maybe only look at number of yards in the first half, or as others have suggested yards per attempt.

35 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

IMO a few people are confusing where Jackson is developmentally with how he’s performing in Romans scheme with the Ravens current personnel. The scheme and his running ability force defenders to abandon coverage responsibilities...

Today’s game aside, Jackson’s rushing yards per attempt (7.1) is in line with Allen’s last year (7.1) and he has few TD runs than JA. However, he has certainly completed more passes. IMO you can’t just use total averages or the past few games with these running QBs. You have to look at total output, red zone efficiency and 3rd down conversion %. In general these kids are going to be a bit inconsistent their first 3-5 seasons.... What would worry me long term (aside from injury) is his continued success as personnel changes... Can he continue to improve, and can Roman adapt his scheme and playcalling? To this point the league has caught up with every incarnation of Romans offense after 2-3 years. 

So we sit here debating whether this Ravens offense is stoppable... Of course it is. Just like the Rams or Chiefs offense. However, that doesn’t mean that there are many teams (or any) with the personnel to snuff it out. The way that O is configured defenses basically have to decide where to allow the Ravens to run; inside with Ingram or outside with Jackson. The jet sweeps are window dressing that’ll be contained if you’re playing to control the edges. Ingram reduces the effectiveness of the big nickel SD employed last season, so any team that snuffs them is going to need LBers with the athleticism to contain Jackson as opposed to spying with an extra safety coupled with D linemen strong enough to hold ground and make plays unless doubled... You almost need a Pat Williams/Sam Adams pairing coupled with modern fast LBers and ends that contain. IDK if that’ll work, but those type of D’s worked pretty well against Vick. Of course you could hit QBs and light up receivers back then which helped the D. 

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Bills need to limit explosive plays. Jackson struggled today in the red zone when the field was shorter and everything speeds up a little more. Tucker is a great field goal kicker so he won’t be missing any from inside 50 yards unless weather is atrocious.
Lamar is playing great nobody can deny that. What happens in 3-5 years from now doesn’t matter to next week.

i’m glad Leslie and Sean get a couple extra days to draw up some schemes that maybe Lamar hasn’t seen or they have found some Lamar hasn’t seen yet. 

Baltimore D continually allowed SF to get the edge on running plays. This opened the middle of the field up for passing. 
SF looked good except for Shanahan making a few questionable decisions. 
SF D is really good and they have better D ends than the Bills do. Other than that I think Buffalo is equal or better talent wise on D.

Ill go one step farther and say edmunds and milano match up much better than the niners lbers with the ravens...our lbers can co er and can close sideline to sideline fast....Bills just have to play sound gap defense and man to man on the outside recievers....lamar has a hard time hitting his wideouts with consistency...most lamars yards and high completion percentage is from busted plays of being overly aggressive to the run amd misdirection or from one of his three TE taking the 4 or 5 yard dink and dunks...combine that with ingram and that rpo offense...this is not the offense you play bend but dont break on imo...lamar isnt going to beat you deep to his wideouts its going to be huge chunk yards on the cutbacks or over the middle from selling out against the run leaving his TES one on one...stack the box,bracket the tes and man to man outside is our best chance imo

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Hoping for bad weather to take away the Justin Tucker advantage more so than anything else. He's automatic right now, might be the best ever in his prime. Hauschka better be feeling it this weekend if we're able to keep it close. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You can’t ignore Baltimore’s run game.  If you do that they’ll run over you.

and that has been our weakness. Admittedly Bills have tightened up as the season and then the game goes on. I think most of us said oh "snap" when Elliot took off.

Happens each weak in the 1st quarter.

Ravens have a fine fullback and solid TEs who like to block, plus lineman who can move  and move others.

Going to be a great game !

best game of the Year imho

Go Bills !

• Like (+1) 1