49ers vs Ravens

ILBillsfan

its really tough to see how buff can beat balt after watching this game. they are so solid its frightening.

JA is gonna have to run a lot.And he is gonna have to be perfect on his short passes.Plus we have to win the turnover battle.

15 % chance they win.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

That didn't work today

They came as close as anybody has in the last few months. There was some questionable calls like their timeouts and the 4th down, that could have changed the outcome. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

That didn't work today

I think it kind of did and it appeared as though this was the 49er's approach. Tough to tell how much the rain impacted the game, but it was LJ's worst game in quite some time.

• Thank you (+1) 2

I think the Ravens game will be one where you bench Murphy and play Lorax at DE, if possible.  Use a nickel DB rather than a third LB.  Have Milano and the nickel DB spy Lamar, especially on the outside edges.  Rely on Edmunds and the DTs to stop anything inside.  I don't think taking their TE or Ingraham away exclusively will work; if you're going to take anyone away from Baltimore, it will have to be Lamar's rushing ability.  Have to make him be a passer.

4 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I think it kind of did and it appeared as though this was the 49er's approach. Tough to tell how much the rain impacted the game, but it was LJ's worst game in quite some time.

we better hope for some bad weather SUN

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

Ravens will be primed for a letdown game after today's win.  

Nice already call it a trap game... Anything to try to diminish a win. Lol jk

Lamar took some hard hits this game. I am liking this matchup.

Edited by Boca BIlls
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I think the Ravens game will be one where you bench Murphy and play Lorax at DE, if possible.  Use a nickel DB rather than a third LB.  Have Milano and the nickel DB spy Lamar, especially on the outside edges.  Rely on Edmunds and the DTs to stop anything inside.  I don't think taking their TE or Ingraham away exclusively will work; if you're going to take anyone away from Baltimore, it will have to be Lamar's rushing ability.  Have to make him be a passer.

Interesting. I have the opposite take. Murphy actually might be useful in this game. The Bills should be in base defense most of the game because even when they spread you out it is with multiple TE group(ps exactly what I think Bills should do on offense).  Shaq should start but Murphy can help hold the edge. He just needs to be coached to go no further than 1 step across LOS.  He will never sack Jackson. His job should be to stay wide and dont let Jackson outside. Jackson loves to step inside and then burst to the outside. Murphy and Shaq would do just as well to stand there and occupy space preventing Jackson from breaking to the sideline.

This game will be won or lost based on coverage of their Tight ends and tackling by Edmunds, Poyer, and Hyde.

35 minutes ago, Tcali said:

its really tough to see how buff can beat balt after watching this game. they are so solid its frightening.

JA is gonna have to run a lot.And he is gonna have to be perfect on his short passes.Plus we have to win the turnover battle.

15 % chance they win.

I'm of the mindset that if we are within the spread legitimately in the end (no garbage covers), I'll take it. The Ravens are damn near impossible to stop on O. Perhaps a shootout?

8 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Interesting. I have the opposite take. Murphy actually might be useful in this game. The Bills should be in base defense most of the game because even when they spread you out it is with multiple TE group(ps exactly what I think Bills should do on offense).  Shaq should start but Murphy can help hold the edge. He just needs to be coached to go no further than 1 step across LOS.  He will never sack Jackson. His job should be to stay wide and dont let Jackson outside. Jackson loves to step inside and then burst to the outside. Murphy and Shaq would do just as well to stand there and occupy space preventing Jackson from breaking to the sideline.

This game will be won or lost based on coverage of their Tight ends and tackling by Edmunds, Poyer, and Hyde.

Murphy is a total liability against the run because he is undisciplined, he overcommits and does not maintain his gap.  I doubt anyone can coach discipline into him which is why he should be a healthy scratch.  I agree that Murphy will not be able to sack Lamar, though for multiple reasons.  That is why I think Lorax might be a better option at edge.

Jackson does a good job of seeing and picking his holes, both inside and outside.  This is why I think there should be two spies on Lamar, one for each side. 

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Murphy is a total liability against the run because he is undisciplined, he overcommits and does not maintain his gap.  I doubt anyone can coach discipline into him which is why he should be a healthy scratch.  I agree that Murphy will not be able to sack Lamar, though for multiple reasons.  That is why I think Lorax might be a better option at edge.

Jackson does a good job of seeing and picking his holes, both inside and outside.  This is why I think there should be two spies on Lamar, one for each side. 

Who plays OLB if Lorax is at DE?