49ers vs Ravens

ILBillsfan

The Niners have had the most success running off the edges - with Mostert.  I'd like to think we could have that success with Singletary, but he does get a lot of good blocking.  Their tight end has been blocking well to help the run game also.   Mind you these are a couple of the best running attacks in the league we're seeing.  It's easy to just envision the Niners jersey's are Bills' and that's what will be happening next week, but I'm not convinced we're playing at the Niners level yet.  

Edited by Georgia Bill

So......if a win makes the Ravens any easier to beat next week, I can live with that. Deeply angry might be less attractive than on top of the world pleased after an emotional win? 

But if we play like we CAN play, and at home, I like our chances against the hottest team in the AFC. THAT is a good feeling! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Contain the edges, muck up the middle and take away Lamar’s intermediate options over the middle of the field. That’s how you stop the Ravens, but it’s asking a lot. When the RPO isn’t as effective, they’re far less impressive running a traditional offense.

Exactly what I have been saying.  It’s all about DE discipline and stuffing the middle.  If the DE commits to the RB on the RPO you just gave Jackson the edge.  Keep containment and pray your interior line and LBs plug the middle.  DBs have to win their one on ones, and the safeties have to watch the TEs.

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

As much as we know the DL and LB's need to contain Jackson in the pocket, it's also really important for Edmunds/Milano/Hyde/Poyer to cover the TE's/receivers over the middle. The construct of the defense does leave this area open, so it's gonna be important to stop those plays or at the very least not allow 10 yarders to turn into 40 yarders. The Bills defense doesn't give up the traditional big play to WO's, but this area of the field can be susceptible.

That’s what I saw today too. Lamar didn’t have a great day through the air and rushed for over 100. If anything if I am Buffalo I game plan to take away Brown and their TE’s. Maintain gap integrity in regards to the run game.  Committing to stopping LJ on the ground leaves a ton of options through the air. You can’t stop everything. I think it makes sense to key in on the TE and Brown. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Ravens are gonna be a nightmare...49ers are barely slowing them down and they have a downpour helping them.

Yeah, I really thought the rain would give the 49ers an advantage.  Anyone know if snow is in the forecast for next week?

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

That’s what I saw today too. Lamar didn’t have a great day through the air and rushed for over 100. If anything if I am Buffalo I game plan to take away Brown and their TE’s. Maintain gap integrity in regards to the run game.  Committing to stopping LJ on the ground leaves a ton of options through the air. You can’t stop everything. I think it makes sense to key in on the TE and Brown. 

Lamar is going to get his rushing yards. What needs to be eliminated is the broken play scrambles. If you make him pass on 3rd and longs and flood zones, he’s much less effective.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Augie said:

Sorry, but ONLY if he’s a Bobblehead. That’s the whole point of a Bobblehead! YOU off all people should know THAT!   ?

The DB tried to go thru the offensive player to get the ball. Has has an equal right to the ball, but that (if we’re talking about the same play) was PI to me. I wish we could have games where the refs never get noticed. 

Yeah, same play,  I just think that going through a player to get the ball is different than elbowing a player in the head as he’s about to catch it.  

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

Exactly how I see it. I'm "fine" with LJ rushing for a decent amount of yards if you bottle up those hits to the TE's and Brown. He's a really tough guy to shut down right now so it's a pick your poison deal in terms of how to defend LJ. My choice is to let him get some on the ground, but lock down the flips.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Exactly how I see it. I'm "fine" with LJ rushing for a decent amount of yards if you bottle up those hits to the TE's and Brown. He's a really tough guy to shut down right now so it's a pick your poison deal in terms of how to defend LJ. My choice is to let him get some on the ground, but lock down the flips.

That didn't work today