Week 13 Around the League Thread

2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Probably......but if we do, the Browns were never a threat to begin with.  But if we lose to a well coached team on the road, suddenly there is a significant risk of losing the WC spot to Pittsburgh.

Browns have the tie breaker on us and a easier schedule to run the table.

remaining games

Cincy 2X

AZ 

Balt

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't get all the negative comments in this thread. Like who cares if Steelers won. We are going to playoffs with record 11-5 or better. Stop being so scared. After win in Dallas we are effectively in playoffs, and not only because we are 9-3, but because we are good and don't have to care how others play.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, the skycap said:

How in the hell did the Bills lose to Browns/Eagles??

Eagles just exploited a weakness and the Bills couldn’t answer. They played well that day and caught the Bills. They deserved that win. That one doesn’t bother me. 

But that Browns game is the one that still stings. That’s a game the Bills should have won. It was there for the taking. We were the better team that day IMO. 

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

Probably......but if we do, the Browns were never a threat to begin with.  But if we lose to a well coached team on the road, suddenly there is a significant risk of losing the WC spot to Pittsburgh.

Their last game is at BAL, where CLE plays the Ravens in week 16. BAL may not need that week 17 game and PIT will face RG3

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

I think that the loss to the pathetic Browns is going to really hurt the bills at the end of this year.

As we can all see clearly now, there MAYBE is one more "easy" win for the Bills this year (Jets). As for the other three games, the Bills will be underdogs.

Seems we do just fine when we're underdogs.

Just now, Real McCoy said:

Browns have the tie breaker on us and a easier schedule to run the table.

So will the Steelers if they beat us.   The Browns would still have been 3 games behind and weren't going to catch up.   They still have to play Baltimore too, they were never going to run table.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

I don't get all the negative comments in this thread. Like who cares if Steelers won. We are going to playoffs with record 11-5 or better. Stop being so scared. After win in Dallas we are effectively in playoffs, and not only because we are 9-3, but because we are good and don't have to care how others play.

Other games still matter. You always need some things to fall your way if you’re not going to be a division winner. Bills are good, but that doesn’t mean they can’t lose out on a tiebreaker. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Alberto Riveron blows another call today in the Cleveland/Pittsburgh game. They were roasting him on the broadcast. He needs to be fired. ... And interesting, there have been more pass interference reversals the last two weeks than the entire 11 weeks before that. 

Edited by CSBill

12 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Yeah, I don't really understand all the celebrating over Pittsburgh staying with 2 games of the Bills vs. both Pitts and Cleveland being 3 back.  A Cleveland win would have been much better for us.

But on a happy note, congratulation to Andy Dalton and the Bengals!!!

Because we should take care of business against Pittsburgh, which makes it mathematically impossible for them to catch us.

If we can't beat a team starting an UDFA at the most important position in pro sports, we don't deserve to make the playoffs anyway.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, CSBill said:

Alberto Riveron

Alberto Riveron blows another call today in the Cleveland/Pittsburgh game. They were roasting him on the broadcast. He needs to be fired. ... And interesting, there have been more pass interference reversals the last two weeks than the entire 11 weeks before that. 

That’s a calculated change by the league, as the playoffs are closer, and games have more importance. There was concern among NFL types that suddenly reversing calls in the playoffs when none were getting reversed all year would be a bad look for the league. They only wanted it used in the playoffs really, but have to ease into reversing calls now. 

7 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

So will the Steelers if they beat us.   The Browns would still have been 3 games behind and weren't going to catch up.   They still have to play Baltimore too, they were never going to run table.

If IDK, just beat the Steelers and we are in now. 

If Cleveland won today they should beat Cincy 2X and AZ bringing them to 9-7. Browns are now 100% out of mind to me at this point. I assume they lose to Balt and best record will be 8-8 now. 

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanSD said:

Because we should take care of business against Pittsburgh, which makes it mathematically impossible for them to catch us.

If we can't beat a team starting an UDFA at the most important position in pro sports, we don't deserve to make the playoffs anyway.

I really don’t care if anyone thinks they deserve it or not, I just want them to make it. PIT has a good defense, a tough stadium to play in and can scrape by with mediocre QB play. 

Just now, Real McCoy said:

If IDK, just beat the Steelers and we are in now. 

If Cleveland won today they should beat Cincy 2X and AZ bringing them to 9-7. Browns are now 100% out of mind to me at this point. 

They still would have had to win @ Baltimore in week 16. Pit gets the week 17 version.