Week 13 Around the League Thread

4 minutes ago, Westside Madness said:

That is the opposite of what we need. We need PIT to win as CLE has an easy schedule. We play PIT as well as BAL if I recall.

Baltimore still has remaining games against the Browns and Steelers.  I agree that we should be rooting for the Steelers here, but honestly Baltimore should drill both of these teams.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TheProcess said:

Makes me nervous because we didn’t play well last time we played a TE heavy offense and good backs (Philly). I’m really interested to see what McD comes up with. Long sustained drives for our offense to win TOP would be a great equalizer. 

This will be like the Philly game, but with a crazy good running QB and a lot less wind 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

Game’s not quite over

I’m not sure I would call James Washington and Jaylen Samuels “all kinds of receiving threats.” Sure, they’re receivers in the NFL but they can’t get separation.

The absence of JJ really hurts because everybody is slotted up too far. Washington can’t compete against #1s. Steelers have nothing on offense right now.

Edited by eanyills

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

They might need a spy on each side.  Jackson can just outrun anyone to the edge.

I don't see any way around having a spy dedicated to Jackson, whether just Edmunds or also a nickel DB.  One thing Lamar does very well is sell the fake to Ingram, halts a second, and keeps it.  SF has been struggling with the fake handoff thus far.

Just now, eanyills said:

I’m not sure I would call James Washington and Jaylen Samuels “all kinds of receiving threats.” Sure, they’re receivers in the NFL but they can’t get separation.

Steelers have nothing on offense right now.

You’re forgetting about Dionte Johnson, Smith-Schuster and a couple of good TEs

1 minute ago, Michael1962 said:

There is always the possibility that we have not seen the offenses best game yet.  Maybe that is just Homer-vision

I don't think we have either, which is most likely a result of Josh growing into the position and offensive scheme.

• Like (+1) 1