Top 4 passing QB - No winning records

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

Again missing the point.  The Bills for the most part have had an exceedingly easy schedule & until the last three weeks every game they won was undecided into the fourth quarter (i.e. less then a TD).  Baltimore we all know is an anomaly (though Seattle too is running a great deal too this year), but have scored over 20 points every game, while the Bills when they hit that mark is in the 4th & tight games. 

Baltimore has been home & cooled out in 6 games this year.  

no one is missing the point.  i just don't think many share the same level of concern for the 300 yard passing game as you do.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Again missing the point.  The Bills for the most part have had an exceedingly easy schedule & until the last three weeks every game they won was undecided into the fourth quarter (i.e. less then a TD).  Baltimore we all know is an anomaly (though Seattle too is running a great deal too this year), but have scored over 20 points every game, while the Bills when they hit that mark is in the 4th & tight games. 

Now if the Bills were blowing out teams & scoring 40 points and cruising the second half, I'd have to eat crow & not mention the 300 yard bar.  That however is not the case.,

300 is not a high bar to reach & the fact this offense doesn't is a concern.   

No you are in your incessant need to pile on (as I knew you would)......  ? (just lowering myself to your standard).....

LOL...he’s not missing the point.  What he said is exactly correct about you.  You have an obsession with the number 300.  
What Josh has done in the last 3 games has been great.  His last game was an elite performance.

12 minutes ago, teef said:

no one is missing the point.  i just don't think many share the same level of concern for the 300 yard passing game as you do.  

Did you know Cooper Kupp has a lot more catches than Sammy Watkins....again?

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Now if the Bills were blowing out teams & scoring 40 points and cruising the second half, I'd have to eat crow & not mention the 300 yard bar.  That however is not the case.,

300 is not a high bar to reach & the fact this offense doesn't is a concern.   

No you are in your incessant need to pile on (as I knew you would)......  ? (just lowering myself to your standard).....

You, apparently, do not have a point. You have been going on and on and on, ad nauseum, about modern passing attacks and 300 yard games. Now, all of a sudden, less passing and more running is okay as long as they are scoring a lot of points? Which is it?

Over the last three weeks, the Bills have averaged over 400 yards per game and 27.6 PPG, with 2 of those games against the 8th and 9th ranked defenses. By your latest stance you should be happy, and, therefore, end this string of ridiculous posts, no?

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL...he’s not missing the point.  What he said is exactly correct about you.  You have an obsession with the number 300.  
What Josh has done in the last 3 games has been great.  His last game was an elite performance.

I've never ever questioned Allen.  I question the OC & coaching that plays for 17-13 games.

I've been very happy with the uptick the past three weeks, but want to see 30+ points & 300 yards as something to strive for, not the absolute ceiling.

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

I've never ever questioned Allen.  I question the OC & coaching that plays for 17-13 games.

I've been very happy with the uptick the past three weeks, but want to see 30+ points & 300 yards as something to strive for, not the absolute ceiling.

McDermott has been very public that we need to score more and offense needs to take the next step.  You seem to forget or ignore that Sammy Watkins.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

You, apparently, do not have a point. You have been going on and on and on, ad nauseum, about modern passing attacks and 300 yard games. Now, all of a sudden, less passing and more running is okay as long as they are scoring a lot of points? Which is it?

Over the last three weeks, the Bills have averaged over 400 yards per game and 27.6 PPG, with 2 of those games against the 8th and 9th ranked defenses. By your latest stance you should be happy, and, therefore, end this string of ridiculous posts, no?

And those defenses were ranked 4th and 6th at the time the Bills played them if I'm remembering correctly - they dropped several spots AFTER playing against the Bills

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Ahhh, those certainties in life:  Death....Taxes... Bilsfan1972 screaming for 300 yard passing games....

On 12/1/2019 at 12:50 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

Yeah, this whole obsession with 300 yards is pretty silly. If Josh averaged 250 and 2 tds every week and we won I'd take that for the rest of his career.

The vast majority would, although 2.5 TDs is a better goal.

Except, he hasn’t- yet.
 3/12 in 250 yard games and barely over 215 yards average. 

Fortunately, he has a Top 5 D to assist him this year. 

That said, he looked like a true field General against Dallas. It may be coming.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Ahhh, those certainties in life:  Death....Taxes... Bilsfan1972 screaming for 300 yard passing games....

I mean I would love for him to have 300 and 400 yard games.  Just like I would love for Singletary to have 150+ in every game too.  But I'm not going to complain about that if our offense is moving the ball in which they are.  They are moving the chains on first down, scoring in the redzone and getting bigger chunk plays.  

Allen has averaged about 230 yards passing in his last 3 games which is roughly about 3,600 yards in a 16 game season.  Add that in with 500 rushing yards....that's a headache for the defense.  Allen is a dual threat who is now (hopefully) starting to reach his potential.  I really think this is just the beginning.

9 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

The vast majority would, although 2.5 TDs is a better goal.

Except, he hasn’t- yet.
 3/12 in 250 yard games and barely over 215 yards average. 

Fortunately, he has a Top 5 D to assist him this year. 

That said, he looked like a true field General against Dallas. It may be coming.

I hope it is and want him to be a long-term Bill.....  

People love to go on and on about me using the 300 yard measure.  It is pathetic that they have not managed it in 45 games (Game 15 of 2016), which is what I unapologetically will keep saying. 

How is it that EVERY NFL TEAM  has passed for 300 yards in 2017, 2018 & 2019 except the Bills????

McD can say whatever he wants, but it comes down to him.  Remember he's the one who named Peterman his starter, not once but twice?!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I mean I would love for him to have 300 and 400 yard games.  Just like I would love for Singletary to have 150+ in every game too.  But I'm not going to complain about that if our offense is moving the ball in which they are.  They are moving the chains on first down, scoring in the redzone and getting bigger chunk plays.  

Allen has averaged about 230 yards passing in his last 3 games which is roughly about 3,600 yards in a 16 game season.  Add that in with 500 rushing yards....that's a headache for the defense.  Allen is a dual threat who is now (hopefully) starting to reach his potential.  I really think this is just the beginning.

And I agree 100% the last three weeks have been fun & the only time this year where games were decided prior to the 4th.

Edited by Billsfan1972

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Allen is a dual threat and has been doing well in both areas - and improving almost every week since the NE game. Matter of fact, he has been comparable to Jackson over the same 8 game stretch:

PASSING

G     Cmp    Att    Inc    Cmp%    Yds      TD    Int    Rate    Sk    Yds    Y/A    AY/A
Jackson    8    127    188    61      67.55    1422    15      3    109.8    11     42    7.56    8.44
Allen          8    146    235    89      62.13    1688    13      2      98.7     18     95    7.18    7.91

RUSHING

Att    Yds    Y/A    TD    Fmb    FL    FF    FR
Jackson    104    739    7.11     6       5    1    0    2       
Allen            62    299    4.82     5        7    1    0    3

He is getting better and will continue to get better

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

People love to go on and on about me using the 300 yard measure.  It is pathetic that they have not managed it in 45 games (Game 15 of 2016), which is what I unapologetically will keep saying. 

How is it that EVERY NFL TEAM  has passed for 300 yards in 2017, 2018 & 2019 except the Bills????

McD can say whatever he wants, but it comes down to him.  Remember he's the one who named Peterman his starter, not once but twice?!!!!!!

And I agree 100% the last three weeks have been fun & the only time this year where games were decided prior to the 4th.

How is it that even with our terrible offense under McDermott without a 300 yard passer, the Bills have had a WR with more catches every year than Sammy Watkins since 2017?  Especially when he played in the top passing offenses with the Rams and Chiefs????

16 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

i wonder why.

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Allen is a dual threat and has been doing well in both areas - and improving almost every week since the NE game. Matter of fact, he has been comparable to Jackson over the same 8 game stretch:

PASSING

G     Cmp    Att    Inc    Cmp%    Yds      TD    Int    Rate    Sk    Yds    Y/A    AY/A
Jackson    8    127    188    61      67.55    1422    15      3    109.8    11     42    7.56    8.44
Allen          8    146    235    89      62.13    1688    13      2      98.7     18     95    7.18    7.91

RUSHING

Att    Yds    Y/A    TD    Fmb    FL    FF    FR
Jackson    104    739    7.11     6       5    1    0    2       
Allen            62    299    4.82     5        7    1    0    3

He is getting better and will continue to get better

As I predicted & want him to be.  Lamar is the flavour of the day.....  Frankly I am more impressed with Allen & what he does under this offense.

Can we agree on this??????

Edited by Billsfan1972

26 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

You can keep ranting unapologetically about this if you want.  I'm not sure if it's more amusing or sad at this point, but just go right ahead.  You can keep doing so, and keep looking silly, but that's your right to do so.

The thing that we all recognize, that is what we keep trying to tell you, is that it doesn't matter.  The only thing that matters in the NFL are wins.  And there are different ways to do so.  The Bills have a very balanced offense right now, a good defense, and that equates to a winning record.  Period.  Dead stop.  End of story.

It does not matter a hill of beans what has gone on the last 45 games or whatever.  it does not matter what happened 45 games ago with a different QB and different players on offense and so on.  The only person this seems to matter to on this board is you, and that's because you don't happen to find it "entertaining"  football.  You would apparently rather be entertained than see winning football.  Again that's your right, I suppose, but the continual ranting about this just to assuage your sensibilities is getting ridiculous.  Personally, I find old school football with a power rushing attack and a defense that crushes the life out of the other team enormously entertaining.  But I'm not coming on here repeatedly ranting about how ridiculous it is that we don't have a 200 yard rushing day every game, or that the D doesn't hold teams to less that say 14 points a game. 

What will happen when Josh does throw for 300 yards?  First. based on all the data that has been provided and reprovided and reprovided again it's about 50:50 whether that would be in a win vs. a loss.  Are you really going to come on here and say you're satisfied he threw for 300 in a loss?  If you do, then you really have issues.  If they win, I would put money on what comes next.  The next thing will be: Sure, he  did it once.  But he has to show he's capable of doing it all the time.  Even though, for the umpteenth time, it means nothing when it comes to the only thing that matter:  wins.

Does it come down to McD?  Sure it does.  He's the coach that has them at 9-3 right now.  He's the coach with a coaching staff that has developed a sound D, a young QB starting to show he's the answer,  he's the coach that along with a pretty savvy GM retooled the O line, brought in some great FW WRs, and on and on.  How many teams in the NFL would love to have a coach and GM like we have right now?  Many.

And yet, because you're not entertained enough it's bad?  Like I say, keep ranting unapologetically if you want.  The rest of us care about wins, and we're just delighted thank you.

29 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Again why are expectations so low here?????

I'll take Brees (81-45), Brady (88-20) & Aaron Rogers (45-20) record when throwing for 300 yards......

45 games!!!!!!  Geez is that not long enough?????  

You do realize that the points are scored when the ball crosses the goal line or goes through the uprights, right?

Matt Stafford throws for 5,000 every flipping year and guess what .... the Lions suck every flipping year.

You're just being silly.  You've dipped into this well a few too many times and now the jig is up.  It happens.  Rookie mistake.  You'll need to find a new shtick, now. 

Best of luck.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Again why are expectations so low here?????

I'll take Brees (81-45), Brady (88-20) & Aaron Rogers (45-20) record when throwing for 300 yards......

45 games!!!!!!  Geez is that not long enough?????  

The current leader in the NFL MVP race who people think cannot be stopped by modern defenses has had one 300 career passing day, against the Dolphins, on 15 completions.