Top 4 passing QB - No winning records

19 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Still don’t want to answer the question but that’s OK.

is it OK with you that their record is 9-3?

And you miss the point continually......  The last three weeks I've been very happy with the Offense.  I don't think they were that good or played an entertaining brand of football prior.

The Bills the frist two years under McD were 15-17 & blown out in a # of losses and still were incapable of putting up offensive stats.  They were ranked 29th 31st passing) & 30th (31st passing)......  I am happy with the strides they've mad & are 17th (24th passing) this year. 

I'll ask were you happy they were 31st the prior two years?  Is 24th okay with you?  

Do people en joy being much improved & still in the bottom 25%?

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yeah, this whole obsession with 300 yards is pretty silly. If Josh averaged 250 and 2 tds every week and we won I'd take that for the rest of his career.

That's 4,000 yards and 32 TD's a season. I think most teams would take that. Plus he'll have his rushing stats. Do that over a 15 year career and you're a top 10 passer all-time and punching a ticket to the hall of fame.

11 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And you miss the point continually......  The last three weeks I've been very happy with the Offense.  I don't think they were that good or played an entertaining brand of football prior.

The Bills the frist two years under McD were 15-17 & blown out in a # of losses and still were incapable of putting up offensive stats.  They were ranked 29th 31st passing) & 30th (31st passing)......  I am happy with the strides they've mad & are 17th (24th passing) this year. 

I'll ask were you happy they were 31st the prior two years?  Is 24th okay with you?  

This one is easy for me. If we are 9-3? Yep

10 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I don’t get caught up in such trivia.  I’m smart enough to know that winning is what matters and that teams win in different ways.  The prior two years were the prior two years with a new management team working on things.  I care about what’s going on right now - no sense living in the past.  And right now they look really good.

If Allen threw for 300 last eeek the only thing that would have changed is it would have quieted your obsession

16 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I don’t get caught up in such trivia.  I’m smart enough to know that winning is what matters and that teams win in different ways.  The prior two years were the prior two years with a new management team working on things.  I care about what’s going on right now - no sense living in the past.  And right now they look really good.

If Allen threw for 300 last eeek the only thing that would have changed is it would have quieted your obsession

No my concern is the Defense is not as good as McD thinks it is (and many here).  Dallas moved the ball all game long & shot themselves in the foot (missed fgs, 4th down misses & turnovers). 

The offense though was humming, but could have been a closer game too.  

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No the point is the Bills have gone 45 games without one that to mean seems almost impossible to do, unless your coaching philosophy is so out of date......

BTW for those who haven't looked, the Bills are not 45-0 over those 45 games, which seems to be the argument that you don't need to throw for 300 by some posters here..... 

So you think they'd be 45-0 if they threw for 300 yards in all of those games? You replied to someone saying there is some nuance to stats because QBs throwing for over 300 yards are losing with "No, they're not 45-0"? 

Oh, you went and made it worse by saying the defense isn't as good as their stats. So now stats only require nuance in certain situations that fit your narrative. 

Maybe it's nap time?

Edited by jeremy2020

19 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

So you think they'd be 45-0 if they threw for 300 yards in all of those games? You replied to someone saying there is some nuance to stats because QBs throwing for over 300 yards are losing with "No, they're not 45-0"? 

Oh, you went and made it worse by saying the defense isn't as good as their stats. So now stats only require nuance in certain situations that fit your narrative. 

Maybe it's nap time?

The point is sometimes you need to throw for 300+ yards to win games.....  There are shootouts.....  Look today at Miami vs. Philadelphia as an example.  

The Bills are not so dominant on defense that a 300 yard passing game would not be a good thing every once in a while.  

The fact that in 2019 the only team not to throw for 300 outside Buffalo is Washington & in 2017 & 2018 Buffalo was the only team NOT TO DO IT.

Sorry that is embarrassing.....

Edited by Billsfan1972

27 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No my concern is the Defense is not as good as McD thinks it is (and many here).  Dallas moved the ball all game long & shot themselves in the foot (missed fgs, 4th down misses & turnovers). 

The offense though was humming, but could have been a closer game too.  

You do realize I hope that the 4th down failures and such had a lot to do with the defense. 

Talking about the Dallas offense actually disproves your main concerns.  Part of winning games in the NFL is taking teams out of what they do well.  Belichick is the GOAT based on this idea.  We forced Dallas to get away from pounding it in the ground with Zeke, and made Dak throw more than they wanted.  So he threw for over 300 AND THEY LOST.

i can’t believe you’re being this myopic about this.

14 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The point is sometimes you need to throw for 300+ yards to win games.....  There are shootouts.....  Look today at Miami vs. Philadelphia as an example.  

The Bills are not so dominant on defense that a 300 yard passing game would not be a good thing every once in a while.  

The fact that in 2019 the only team not to throw for 300 outside Buffalo is Washington & in 2017 & 2018 Buffalo was the only team NOT TO DO IT.

2 QBs threw for 300 yards in the game. 1 of them won and 1 of them lost. 

Oldmanfan & others......  Goff has thrown for over 400 yards 5 minutes into the third quarter.....  Is that such a bad thing?

So tired about this..,..

Answer this one question.....

How the heck have the Bills gone 45 (since 2016) games without throwing for 300 (and no other team is close)????  

Edited by Billsfan1972

7 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

You do realize I hope that the 4th down failures and such had a lot to do with the defense. 

Talking about the Dallas offense actually disproves your main concerns.  Part of winning games in the NFL is taking teams out of what they do well.  Belichick is the GOAT based on this idea.  We forced Dallas to get away from pounding it in the ground with Zeke, and made Dak throw more than they wanted.  So he threw for over 300 AND THEY LOST.

i can’t believe you’re being this myopic about this.

Yeah, I don't think we forced anything. I think Jason Garret crapped the bed and stopped running the ball for no good reason.

18 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

2017 Bills made the playoffs. 2019 Bills will make the playoffs.  The point is you don't need to thrown for 300 yards to win games.  You are just wrong.  There are all kinds of ways to win in the NFL. The surest way to win is to not turn the ball over.  Despite people on this board showing multiple examples of no correlation to pass yards and success you keep stating the same thing.  And this last example where both QB's in the same game throw for 300 and one wins and won loses is comical.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And would Miami have won without Fitz throwing for 300?  The answer is NO!!!!!

Now you’re just being silly.

16 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Yeah, I don't think we forced anything. I think Jason Garret crapped the bed and stopped running the ball for no good reason.

Our balanced offense got the lead and forced their hand.  I agree they should have kept pounding Elliott earlier.

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Now you’re just being silly.

Our balanced offense got the lead and forced their hand.  I agree they should have kept pounding Elliott earlier.

It was only a 9 point lead early in the third quarter. Garrett should lose his job for mishandling that team.  They have too much talent in a very weak division to be 6-6.

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

It was only a 9 point lead early in the third quarter. Garrett should lose his job for mishandling that team.  They have too much talent in a very weak division to be 6-6.

I’m astounded he didn’t get canned Friday morning.

3 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Good QB’s “have nothing to do with winning.” 

Interesting. Top 5 QBs in NFL history with the most 300 yards games have 10 Super Bowls between them. Extend it out to the top 20 in 300 yard games and you have 21 Super Bowl wins.

Is the lesson over?

Im not doing the math myself just using the numbers you gave.

Does that mean 32 super bowls have been won by guys outside of the top 20 for 300 yard games?