Top 4 passing QB - No winning records

Just noticed this, an anomaly as far as I can recall.  Or does it indicate a shift in the league?

This year, none of the league's top-4 QB for passing yards are playing for teams with winning records. 

Prior to Thurs, Dak/Dallas was the only one (6-5, now 6-6).  After Dak, it's Winston, Ryan and Rivers.

#5 is Goff, with the Rams still 6-5 but overall not looking too promising.

Dallas is the only one of those teams leading the division.  The rest are down in da cellar.

#6-#12 is "money" territory for teams either in the playoffs, or strong contenders with Brady, Wilson, Watson, Rodgers, Mahomes, Cousins, and Garappolo.

Not sure it means anything, just saw it as interesting.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 5

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just noticed this, an anomaly as far as I can recall.  Or does it indicate a shift in the league?

This year, none of the league's top-4 QB for passing yards are playing for teams with winning records. 

Prior to Thurs, Dak/Dallas was the only one (6-5, now 6-6).  After Dak, it's Winston, Ryan and Rivers.

Dallas is the only one of those teams leading the division.  The rest are down in da cellar.

#6-#12 is "money" territory for teams either in the playoffs, or strong contenders with Brady, Wilson, Watson, Rodgers, Mahomes, Cousins, and Garappolo.

Passing yards over a season is usually the sign of a team that loses just FYI. So it isn't that interesting.

35 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The league Imo without dissecting all the stats has started to switch back to running the ball and controlling clock 

36 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

...do you have ANY idea how badly you have devastated the "300 Yards Or A Bust" crowd?......the Peace Bridge rails are jammed.....

• Haha (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

As important as the QB position is to success in the NFL, I think the narrative about how important QB's are to success it's still somehow overdone.

I’m picking up what your putting down,

Go Bills!!!

6 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

The league Imo without dissecting all the stats has started to switch back to running the ball and controlling clock 

I believe you are correct,

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...do you have ANY idea how badly you have devastated the "300 Yards Or A Bust" crowd?......the Peace Bridge rails are jammed.....

Well I do point out that 300 yd games are not strongly correlated to winning

But that really wasn’t my point with this.  Normally this late in the season 3 or 4 of the top 5 passing teams would be the “close to clinched” squad, to my memory

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It for sure doesn’t mean anything, because # of passing attempts is strongly correlated with passing yards, and # of passing attempts is also strongly correlated with being down in games and being down in games is strongly correlated with losses. And now we no longer have the titans of the QB position that would run opposite of that trend like the primes of the Brady’s, Brees’, Manning’s, Rodgers, Rivers and Roethlisbergers.

This is not new territory.  # of rushing attempts has been correlated with wins for the exact same reason for 50 years.