December Mood

Virgil

On 12/1/2019 at 11:11 AM, Boatdrinks said:

Nice to watch NFL today and seeing the Bills logo under “ wildcard “ instead of “ in the hunt” . Sure , the division would be nice , so yeah it kinda sucks being in the AFCE. Still, very good to see, and a nice change that all Bills fans could get used to. 

Is there no way the Bills can pull out the east ? The Pats are now 10/3 if the Bills win this week they will also be 10/3 & the Ravens beat the Pats so wouldn't that stand for something ? 

I really don't get the placement of teams in the race because there are teams that have worse records than the Bills yet they are in the play offs & we are just wild card contenders, i guess that's why i'm just a casual fan !! 

But i am glad the Bills sit where they are & for once we have a chance to go to the play offs & not have to wait to see if another team can put us there .

Edited by T master

There are ways they can win it, but it’s not entirely in the Bills control. They would need help from other teams that are playing NE down the stretch. Division winners automatically make the playoffs, so it’s possible teams with better records in other divisions could miss out. The NFL emphasizes the importance of division play, so that’s a problem for the Bills in the AFCE with NE. 

4 hours ago, T master said:

Is there no way the Bills can pull out the east ? The Pats are now 10/3 if the Bills win this week they will also be 10/3 & the Ravens beat the Pats so wouldn't that stand for something ? 

I really don't get the placement of teams in the race because there are teams that have worse records than the Bills yet they are in the play offs & we are just wild card contenders, i guess that's why i'm just a casual fan !! 

But i am glad the Bills sit where they are & for once we have a chance to go to the play offs & not have to wait to see if another team can put us there .

It is possible...it just depends on how good we really are, and if the Patriots are truly on the mat, and not getting back up.

Bills schedule:  Baltimore, at Pittsburgh, at New England, NY Jets

Pats schedule: Kansas City, at Cincinnati, Buffalo, Miami

On paper, anyways, they have an easier remaining schedule. For us to win the east, we would almost have to go 13-3.  We have to do our part, and hope to god KC knocks them off.  I don't see them losing to Cincinnati or Miami.

The fact that there's even a POSSIBILITY that the Bills could clinch the Playoffs in week fourteen is so foreign, I can barely comprehend it. 

For years and years we've gone into December talking about what needed to happen to snag a wildcard because we were "in the hunt"

This year, we're having that same conversation, but it's in regards to the division. Postseason is all but guaranteed. Win only of these four and A LOT would have to happen to knock us out. Win two out of four and it's a lock.