December Mood

Virgil

I have to say, I’m loving Thursday night games.  I’ve never thought that before.  That win lets me watch football on the first Sunday in December, not anxiously watching the scoreboards, stressing about tie breakers, and just overall relax through the games. 

It’s December and WE are in control of our playoff destiny.  The Bills get extra days to rest, watch their upcoming opponent, and really only need to win 1 of their next 4.  They could easily be in a situation to bench their starters in week 17. 

The only real annoyance is that the division is almost completely out of reach.  ***** the Pats. 

Overall, these are all things I haven’t felt in 20+ years.  It’s nice.  I hope you are all enjoying it too 

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Nice to watch NFL today and seeing the Bills logo under “ wildcard “ instead of “ in the hunt” . Sure , the division would be nice , so yeah it kinda sucks being in the AFCE. Still, very good to see, and a nice change that all Bills fans could get used to. 

• Like (+1) 1

Really hope this injury bug bites NE and they drop two before playing us cause Texans and chiefs aren’t pushovers. If we can magically pull out a W next weekend we would be set up to take the mantle. Probably won’t happen but OMFG it’s not an implausible thought this December!

It raining/sleeting and miserable here. I'm still in my pajamas, just played monopoly for 2 hours with the wife and kids, just cracked my first beer and couldn't be happier that I have a stress free football day and I dont have to go out in the mess to watch the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 2

This was one of the most enjoyable NFL Sundays in a long time.  Basking in a win, watching other teams get knocked out of realistic playoff contention, and knowing that we can afford multiple losses the rest of the way and still stroll in.  This is a luxury we haven't experienced in 20+ years.  

Now let's get it done!

8 hours ago, whatdrought said:

It feels like we're playing with house money. We knew going into the stretch that we had to win at least one of the next four, and now we've beaten one of the harder ones on the schedule and we just need one out of 4 to punch our ticket. 

I'd rather see us win them all and let the PATS play wild card!

8 hours ago, whatdrought said:

It feels like we're playing with house money. We knew going into the stretch that we had to win at least one of the next four, and now we've beaten one of the harder ones on the schedule and we just need one out of 4 to punch our ticket. 

Nope!

This is a team that just got its first taste of what Greatness can feel like...... and they like it. 

They want to kill Baltimore. I’m sure of it. 

They want to win every game?

14 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Nope!

This is a team that just got its first taste of what Greatness can feel like...... and they like it. 

They want to kill Baltimore. I’m sure of it. 

They want to win every game?

My post may have missed the mark. I don't at all mean that we shouldn't try, but rather that the extreme worry that is normal when we're "in the hunt" is not there- from the fan perspective. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Nice to watch NFL today and seeing the Bills logo under “ wildcard “ instead of “ in the hunt” . Sure , the division would be nice , so yeah it kinda sucks being in the AFCE. Still, very good to see, and a nice change that all Bills fans could get used to. 

Well, you know we're Bills fans, if they have a crappy game or two over the next few weeks we'll be standing on the ledge again and there will be multiple TBD posts about who the best QB is in the draft.

But for now, I will enjoy the euphoria. Its been 20 years since we've had this kind of excitement and confidence.

18 hours ago, Virgil said:

The only real annoyance is that the division is almost completely out of reach.  ***** the Pats. 

The division is definitely not out of reach...The Pat could easily lose to KC next week. And if the Bills go unbeaten, then they do control their own destiny.  Houston opened the doors a little today