Today's Ice Storm

Foxx

i hope we don't end up like we did back in '91 but it is looking pretty icy out there right now. couple this with the several inches of snow we are supposed to get overnight and it could be quite messy out there come tomorrow.

i think we had something like.75 of an inch back then and today we are forecast to get something like, .50 of an inch at most, so hopefully we don't relive that nightmare that left many without power for up to two weeks.

'91 storm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQg88FIxPo0

We had an ice storm like that back in March 1976.We had no power for 5 days. Some people were out for almost 2 weeks.Peopke forget about it because of the next winter.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I remember that 1991 storm well. A solid 2 weeks of school off for me!! 

lol. we partied like no tomorrow. huddled with the girls and drank our asses off for a week solid.

December a few years go brought an ice storm to Toronto that took the power away for two weeks from some areas

my apartment was fine but all around was sheer dark at night, not even street lights for most of the two weeks

Ice is bad 

that was Dec 22, 2013

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I remember that 1991 storm well. A solid 2 weeks of school off for me!! 

Oh, child......blizzard of ‘77 was THREE straight weeks, and we didn’t have to make it up. Senior year of HS.  My family had just moved about 500 yards to a new place, but I had the old place partially furnished available for me and my friends. Let your imagination run wild, and I doubt you can come close!   ?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Oh, child......blizzard of ‘77 was THREE straight weeks, and we didn’t have to make it up. Senior year of HS.  My family had just moved about 500 yards to a new place, but I had the old place partially furnished available for me and my friends. Let your imagination run wild, and I doubt you can come close!   ?

Is now an appropriate time to let you know that while you were chilling during the blizzard of ‘77, I was being born then?  ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Is now an appropriate time to let you know that while you were chilling during the blizzard of ‘77, I was being born then?  ?

I’m sure there was a serious rush about 9 months later! I mean........

Don’t worry, you can’t hurt my feelings. I know I’m old, mostly because @plenzmd1 keeps reminding me. At my age you need constant reminders...

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Foxx said:

i hope we don't end up like we did back in '91 but it is looking pretty icy out there right now. couple this with the several inches of snow we are supposed to get overnight and it could be quite messy out there come tomorrow.

i think we had something like.75 of an inch back then and today we are forecast to get something like, .50 of an inch at most, so hopefully we don't relive that nightmare that left many without power for up to two weeks.

'91 storm

....don't think anything could rival 1991.......I had no power for 9 days....looks like everyone came through this weekend relatively unscathed.......RG&E reporting 300 outages....

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Foxx said:

'91 storm

I was living in Seabreaze at the time.   4 days w/o power

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I was living in Seabreaze at the time.   4 days w/o power

I was living off Monroe by Goodman ... We got our power back the 2nd day.

woke about 3 AM to what sounded like breaking glass over and over. When I realized it was coming from outside I looked out the window to see branches falling and the ice shattering as it hit the ground, it was wild.

On 12/1/2019 at 11:25 AM, row_33 said:

December a few years go brought an ice storm to Toronto that took the power away for two weeks from some areas

my apartment was fine but all around was sheer dark at night, not even street lights for most of the two weeks

Ice is bad 

that was Dec 22, 2013

The winter of 2013-14 was long, cold and brutal. The pipes froze in the building that I lived in...it wasn't even an old building!

• Like (+1) 1